Jalen Collins

getnasty

Reaction score
Sure does seem to fit the mold of a Seahawks corner, knows the system coming from Atlanta. I know he's had problems but I would love the Hawks to give me a shot. Low risk high reward kind of signing

massari

Reaction score
Seems like he'd be great but there has to be a reason(s) why he was released and no one claimed him though.

Collins 1024x542

RussB

Reaction score
Hes a solid player. Wouldnt hurt signing him i can gaurantee hes better than lane.

Exittium

Reaction score
Do we even have the money let alone room on the 53?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Well, he cleared waivers and is a free agent. Anyone know the cap implications if Lane were to be released?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is zero cap savings for this season if he was cut, which is why the team wanted to trade him.

see OTC.com

SeaChat

Reaction score
I was pretty impressed with Byron’s performance this past Monday night. I had the opportunity to watch Jeremy play live, instead of watching him play on TV. I’ll give him some respect, in that he was giving it everything he had, and all in all he didn’t screwup as much as I suspected he would, but as the saying goes “he’s no Richard Sherman”. Meaning that Lane is a pro baller but he is mediocre at best, and just doesn’t posses whatever that is, that would allow him to rise above that level of play. I’ll also say that the touchdown he allowed our opponents to score, as seems to be the case with Jeremy in every game he come out to play for us, ultimately cost us this game as well.

Byron Maxwell’s level of play on the other hand does rise to the level of extra ordinary. I was impressed with the way he played against the Falcons. I love Shaquill Griffin, he is on the other hand a “Richard Sherman”. Richard Sherman has publicly acknowledged that Griffin may already be a more talented player than himself, and that given some time to transition from college balling to pro balling he will validate that claim.

I have to agree with Sherman, I see the LOB alive and well with Griffin and Byron first stringing it. I think Lane has had more than enough chances to prove his worth. I think we hunt down another player of the same caliber as Griffin and Maxwell. This is pro football, all players go out injured periodically, when they do we need a near equal talent to step in, Lane isn’t that player. I don’t have it in for Lane, I just want to see my Seahawks succeed. Keeping Lane and backup players like him is the greatest weakness that this team has in my opinion.

If Collins is of a higher caliber than Lane, and can match the skill level of Byron and Shaquill, then lose Lane and grab him. If he is just another Jeremy Lane, then walk away, and wait until someone comes available that can fill their shoes. With Lane we know what we have, and we can at very least try to cover his ass out there and minimize the damage he’ll do.

Go Seahawks!

RussB

Reaction score
pacific101":1flrap1z said:
I was pretty impressed with Byron’s performance this past Monday night. I had the opportunity to watch Jeremy play live, instead of watching him play on TV. I’ll give him some respect, in that he was giving it everything he had, and all in all he didn’t screwup as much as I suspected he would, but as the saying goes “he’s no Richard Sherman”. Meaning that Lane is a pro baller but he is mediocre at best, and just doesn’t posses whatever that is, that would allow him to rise above that level of play. I’ll also say that the touchdown he allowed our opponents to score, as seems to be the case with Jeremy in every game he come out to play for us, ultimately cost us this game as well.

Byron Maxwell’s level of play on the other hand does rise to the level of extra ordinary. I was impressed with the way he played against the Falcons. I love Shaquill Griffin, he is on the other hand a “Richard Sherman”. Richard Sherman has publicly acknowledged that Griffin may already be a more talented player than himself, and that given some time to transition from college balling to pro balling he will validate that claim.

I have to agree with Sherman, I see the LOB alive and well with Griffin and Byron first stringing it. I think Lane has had more than enough chances to prove his worth. I think we hunt down another player of the same caliber as Griffin and Maxwell. This is pro football, all players go out injured periodically, when they do we need a near equal talent to step in, Lane isn’t that player. I don’t have it in for Lane, I just want to see my Seahawks succeed. Keeping Lane and backup players like him is the greatest weakness that this team has in my opinion.

If Collins is of a higher caliber than Lane, and can match the skill level of Byron and Shaquill, then lose Lane and grab him. If he is just another Jeremy Lane, then walk away, and wait until someone comes available that can fill their shoes. With Lane we know what we have, and we can at very least try to cover his ass out there and minimize the damage he’ll do.

Go Seahawks!
Good post. Byron played pretty well, shaq is shaq and will only get better. Lane is like a weak spot. Brining in Jalen collins would be a good idea because he fits the scheme very well and can make plays.