Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:45 am
  • Good Morning Fellow Seahawks Fans. Can you all help me breakdown The Phili Eagles Opponents since opening day? The Eagles kind of remind me of the Dallas Cowboys of last year with a soft schedule & finishing atop of there respectful division.I may be wrong but I have a strong Feeling Seattle takes The W next week against a team were favored to lose to.

10-2 Eagles ( take the L against 8-4 Seahawks)

1Redskins, Struggling Redskins Lose 5-6 record
    2Chiefs, roaring Chiefs beat the eagles
    3Giants, take the L & currently 2-8
    4Chargers lose 5-6 record
    5Cardinals lose in rebuild year 4-6 record
    6Panthers lose,different team since early in season
    7Redskins, take another L
    8 the 49ers take an L but they lose daily 1-9
    9 Broncos lose,but who's there qb? 3-7
    10 bye week
    11 Dallas loses with no zeke in lineup 5-6 record
    12 Bears ( bears took the L) bears are 3-8

This can be done to any team I understand & the eagles beat who was on their schedule. But let's not make them world beaters yet, they only have 2 teams over 500 Panthers & chiefs under there belt

I think Seattle starts a run tonight by beating the 9ers & next week make a statement by beating the eagles. DO we run the table? I know its Wistful thinking but , when Seattle gets by the eagles they will run the table IMO... & sorry 4 the book post

AM I CRAZY NOW SEAHAWKS WIN
    Last edited by SlickRick on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Re: Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:47 am
  • Really? Game day morning and you're looking ahead to next week?

:34853_doh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:47 am
  • Wow, I hadn't looked at the Eagles strength of schedule. Interesting. It might be a better game than I hoped for
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:49 am
  • Well the Eagles remind me of Dallas 2016..I bet they do not go to the SB
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:51 am
  • sutz wrote:Really? Game day morning and you're looking ahead to next week?

I just want to talk about the topic at hand Sutz, just want real thoughts on this please( by the way 49ers will take an L today)
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:52 am
  • Even without Sherman and Kam we will beat them. I can’t believe how horrible their schedule is. Teams that come out of nowhere and are aided by an easy schedule always get put in their place when real competition comes along. At Seattle on a Sunday night will expose them. Just wait and see.
    droop828
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:52 am
  • At Indy & sox, I feel the same way the strength of schedule & they remind me of the cowboys of last year. I know I sound crazy, but stranger things have happened
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:10 am
  • I remember when this was being said about Carolina in the playoffs. How weak their schedule was, paper tigers, and all that. They destroyed us. Took us apart from the seams and waylay-ed us.
    Not saying I think thats what the Eagles do to us, but strength of schedule means absolutely nothing. Especially when they have beaten all of these teams and decidedly too.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:41 am
  • Strength of schedule to date shows the Eagles as having the 19th toughest schedule. Same list has Seahawks at 31st toughest.

Or you can look at this one, which I think is more accurate. It shows Eagles at 25th and Seahawks at 32nd.

Saying that the Eagles are a paper tiger while ignoring the Seahawks poor record against [one of] the easiest to date schedule[s] in the league is disingenuous, at best.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:26 am
  • And.....if we lose to the niners today???

We have one of the easier schedules in the league this year, so what does that make us I wonder? We must be rice paper tigers.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:37 am
  • renofox wrote:Strength of schedule to date shows the Eagles as having the 19th toughest schedule. Same list has Seahawks at 31st toughest.

Or you can look at this one, which I think is more accurate. It shows Eagles at 25th and Seahawks at 32nd.

Saying that the Eagles are a paper tiger while ignoring the Seahawks poor record against [one of] the easiest to date schedule[s] in the league is disingenuous, at best.

Gotta call bs on Seattle at 32nd. Do they take into account injuries to teams or just records? Do they factor in travel time/distance?

Edit: lol just had to look for 5 seconds.
    Factors considered in these rankings include: margin of victory and wins and losses of opponents and the opponents of a team's opponents.

That is from the more accurate one. Looks like a terrible way to judge strength of schedule. What's that saying, it's not who you play but when you play them
    Last edited by cymatica on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:41 am
  • sutz wrote:Really? Game day morning and you're looking ahead to next week?

Four or five weeks ago quite a few people were all looking forward to the Eagles game for a "possible battle for first place in the NFC".

Right now this teams needs to get a win today and then get enough after that to make the playoffs. Just because SF is 1-9 doesn't mean this team wins. There have been a lot of things going wrong the last couple of weeks. It's a road game against a division opponent. I'll start thinking about the Eagles in about 8 hours.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:00 am
  • You mean to tell me we have another game next week? I thought the season was over, and we were meant to roll over and die.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:48 am
  • Even when we play the bottom dwellers of the league, its a coin toss and we're talking about beating the one loss Eagles?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:53 am
  • SlickRick wrote:At Indy & sox, I feel the same way the strength of schedule & they remind me of the cowboys of last year. I know I sound crazy, but stranger things have happened

Maybe they're taking the Nick Saban/Alabama strategy. Play no-bodies and hope to be more fresh than the competition when it comes championship time.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 am
  • The eagles are up 17-0 over the Bears. They took them out of the game early and didn’t let them hang around. They are a good team.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:36 am
  • Why do we seem to always make excuses for other teams being dominant. Sure, they haven't run the gauntlet, but they've destroyed the teams they should have and beat the good ones they've faced. As others have pointed out, we've faced an easier schedule and struggled mightily. The Eagles are an elite team this year. Doesn't mean they win the SB, but credit where credit is obviously due.

That said, we can still beat them. It'll take a performance the likes of which we haven't seen since @NE last year, but it's possible. Even though in that game we had a full strength LoB and healthy prosise...
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:41 am
  • Eagles defense is very good....everybody know the front seven was good and they’re without their starting MLB but it’s the secondary that has been the surprise. They’ve been shutdown unit most of the year despite yardage allowed, the exact definition of bend but don’t break.

The offense is well...very good, as well. Seattle is going to have their hands full but it should be a very good game.

The big thing for me is how in the hell is that horrid OL going to contain the Eagles elite pass rush from all four down positions?
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 am
  • You see what the Eagles do is they play bad teams and they beat bad teams they don't let them stick around.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:20 pm
  • xkj1985x wrote:Eagles defense is very good....everybody know the front seven was good and they’re without their starting MLB but it’s the secondary that has been the surprise. They’ve been shutdown unit most of the year despite yardage allowed, the exact definition of bend but don’t break.

The offense is well...very good, as well. Seattle is going to have their hands full but it should be a very good game.

The big thing for me is how in the hell is that horrid OL going to contain the Eagles elite pass rush from all four down positions?

I agree with all your points KJ, but I will say I was dumbfounded last year when we were able to mitigate the Eagles pass rush. I have ZERO idea how we were able to do that then get annihilated by a much worse TB pass rush.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 pm
  • Seymour wrote:And.....if we lose to the niners today???

We have one of the easier schedules in the league this year, so what does that make us I wonder? We must be rice paper tigers.

Seymour I'll make you a deal , if Seattle loses today I'll never post on here again. If Seattle wins today you disappear , deal or no deal ?

I'll take Seattle over 49ers any day. Or do you believe that with all you're heart that we lose ?

I want this thread bumped next week when the game is on against the eagles
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:58 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:I agree with all your points KJ, but I will say I was dumbfounded last year when we were able to mitigate the Eagles pass rush. I have ZERO idea how we were able to do that then get annihilated by a much worse TB pass rush.

That is a good question. I think there were a number of factors that played into it, such as:

1) Rookie QB in what had to easily have been his most difficult environment he's ever played in and a bunch of skill position guys who just weren't any good (Dorial Green-Beckham was the teams #2 WR, Jordan Matthews #1, both gone.) and their leading rusher that game is now #5 on the depth chart this year (and inactive today).

Offense could never seem to get anything going and in turn resulted in a tired defense.

2) The Eagles secondary was an absolute mess last year and if I remember correctly, RW3 was able to drop back and pretty much find what he wanted immediately or in very short order.

Obviously the Eagles have a top offense and defense this year and so a lot of the potential issues last year have been corrected and it's shown this year but as they say, you just never know in the NFL. Any given Sunday. I expected this to be a great game at the start of the season and I still have that same expectation.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:03 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Even when we play the bottom dwellers of the league, its a coin toss and we're talking about beating the one loss Eagles?

Agreed.

Homerism, albeit admirable and understandable, sometimes lends it's depths only slightly above liberalism.
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:51 pm
  • Hopefully we'll have a new kicker
    Heyseed
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:16 pm
  • 24-13 W and our journey to the playoffs begin let's go Seattle
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:47 pm
  • This will be a statement game for either Wentz MVP campaign or Wilson’s MVP campaign.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:52 pm
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Even when we play the bottom dwellers of the league, its a coin toss and we're talking about beating the one loss Eagles?

Agreed.

Homerism, albeit admirable and understandable, sometimes lends it's depths only slightly above liberalism.

Lol yea because liberalism has done so terribly throughout history lol :roll:

We're 7-4. We're not the Eagles but what other team is far and away above us? And when, in the history of EVER has a Pete Carroll team gotten blown out? Especially in the Russell Wilson era?

The way some of you critique our teams doesn't even logically match up with the point spread across the league. The Eagles even struggled against the Niners, so I don't buy that we can't win this game. That's not homerism that's basic logic and reason
    Scorpion05
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:54 pm
  • If we lose to Philly we essentially have to win out, to even have a chance to make the playoffs. Keep in mind that Rams game won't matter if they are two up on us, assuming they beat the Eagles.
    Last edited by NFSeahawks628 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:If we lose to Philly we essentially have to win out, to even have a chance to win the playoffs. Keep in mind that Rams game won't matter if they are two up on us, assuming they beat the Eagles.

Cosign NFSeahawk, just hope things go the hawks way to close it out
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:04 pm
  • We play the eagles at home prime time. I love our chances in this game. Russel Wilson isn't losing this game gentlemen
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:10 pm
  • If we show up we can be competitive. We have to get to Wentz. If he has time he will pick us apart. We will have to adjust our offensive schemes. Let's surprise these guys. The Eagles have score by a 28 point margin in their last 3 games. They in the same time have only allowed 1 touchdown.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:18 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Even when we play the bottom dwellers of the league, its a coin toss and we're talking about beating the one loss Eagles?

The way some of you critique our teams doesn't even logically match up with the point spread across the league. The Eagles even struggled against the Niners, so I don't buy that we can't win this game. That's not homerism that's basic logic and reason

Eagles beat the 9ers by 23. There was zero “struggle” in that game.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:28 pm
  • xkj1985x wrote:
    Scorpion05 wrote:
    400WattHPSHawk wrote:

Eagles beat the 9ers by 23. There was zero “struggle” in that game.

They struggled about as much as we did in this game. Except, the Niners barely put up a fight. But they did struggle with them early far more than they should have

Even against the Panthers, Cam Newton was terrible and they could have lost that game. They're a great team, but the Rams scare me more than they do. They'll face a real QB this Sunday
    Scorpion05
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:29 pm
  • I imagine we’ll lose the game in some stupid fashion. We won’t get smoked at home but we’ll lose because we have a shaky kicker, bad Oline, crap runningbacks and depleted secondary. I expect us to lose by 4.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:35 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:If we lose to Philly we essentially have to win out, to even have a chance to make the playoffs. Keep in mind that Rams game won't matter if they are two up on us, assuming they beat the Eagles.

Why will the Ram game not matter if they at 2 up at the time?

Don't both teams still play a few games after we play each other?
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:36 pm
  • If we are to beat Philly the Hawks HAVE TO HAVE A FAST START PERIOD!
    Game planning, play calling, and execution on the offensive side of the ball have to be top notch and not the standard BS that usually happens!

Defensively they need to be aggressive and put Wentz on his ass early and often. Softzone coverage, and 3 man rushes will lead to defensive failures.

Also need a new kicker, Nugent is available.

If gameplanning, playcalling, execution are the status quo, it will be a loss.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:If we lose to Philly we essentially have to win out, to even have a chance to make the playoffs. Keep in mind that Rams game won't matter if they are two up on us, assuming they beat the Eagles.

Why will the Ram game not matter if they at 2 up at the time?

Don't both teams still play a few games after we play each other?

I'm just saying it won't matter unless we finished with a tied record a the end of the season.
    I'm assuming both Seattle and LA beat the teams they should and there is still no guarantee @Dallas is going to be a cake walk either with Zeke back.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:42 pm
  • A win for Seahawks requires too much from Bevell.

THAT has me feeling a loss is coming. Prime time or not.

And if it is a close game... then Kris Richard and Blair Walsh need to earn their pay. THAT has me sick to my stomach.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:47 pm
  • I think they will keep the score respectable like they almost always do, but I see almost no chance the Hawks win next game. Philly is just too damn good.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:47 pm
  • If the Hawks win the turnover category against the Eagles they could pull an upset. Can't have MVP putting the team in the hole early.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:15 pm
  • Did you see what Matt Ryan did to our secondary?

Yeah expect more of that.

Pete and Bevell need to pull a game out of their collective ass if we're going to beat Philly. The business-as-usual will get laughed off the field. We are the same team that lost to the Redskins.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:31 pm
  • To have a chance, they will need to play all 4 quarters instead of two. And the 12s need to treat this like a playoff game, and cause some false starts.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:34 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:To have a chance, they will need to play all 4 quarters instead of two. And the 12s need to treat this like a playoff game, and cause some false starts.

Twelves Schmelves. You nailed it with your first sentence. The fans don't matter if the team doesn't play well, same as any other game.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:43 pm
  • I don't know if you guys know this but they rotate their DL at all times. All seven of em. If a couple get tired, then they sub with other D-Line players. That's why Eagles will have an advantage. The Seahawk's O-Line will have their hands full. You will never read the stat sheets that say 4 DL players played all the snaps.

If the Seahawks want to have a quick start, they are gonna have to go to a no huddle offense, EARLY. Make sure the Eagles don't sub in their DL players with fresh ones. If Bevell is smart, he calls it this way.
    Mizak
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:49 pm
  • Mizak wrote:If the Seahawks want to have a quick start, they are gonna have to go to a no huddle offense, EARLY. Make sure the Eagles don't sub in their DL players with fresh ones. If Bevell is smart, he calls it this way.

You can stop right there.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:11 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:And when, in the history of EVER has a Pete Carroll team gotten blown out? Especially in the Russell Wilson era?

The last two seasons in the playoffs.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:17 pm
  • They’ve played 2 teams with a winning record and lost 1 of those. I’m curious to see how they perform against a good team in prime time in a hostile environment. Their fortitude hasn’t been tested in a way that it will next Sunday night. Most teams that feast on lesser opponents that aren’t battle tested in big games usually get exposed and fold like a cheap tent. They may be for real or they may be a product of a weak schedule. We will see what they are made of these next 2 weeks.
    droop828
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:21 pm
  • They’ve played 2 teams with a winning record and lost 1 of those. I’m curious to see how they perform against a good team in prime time in a hostile environment. Their fortitude hasn’t been tested in a way that it will next Sunday night. Most teams that feast on lesser opponents that aren’t battle tested in big games usually get exposed and fold like a cheap tent. They may be for real or they may be a product of a weak schedule. We will see what they are made of these next 2 weeks.
    droop828
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:24 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:You see what the Eagles do is they play bad teams and they beat bad teams they don't let them stick around.

The 24 points they gave up in the 4th quarter against the (scoreless through the first three quarters) Giants in Philadelphia which required them to kick a field goal with 13 seconds left to win clearly demonstrates this.

Up by six against the Chargers at the half, they were only up by two points with almost seven minutes left in the game. Clearly another demonstration.

They've been on a tear, but they had three out of four weeks where they weren't in the driver's seat where it could easily have gone the other way. It's not like they always blow everybody weak out.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:25 pm
  • droop828 wrote:They’ve played 2 teams with a winning record and lost 1 of those. I’m curious to see how they perform against a good team in prime time in a hostile environment. Their fortitude hasn’t been tested in a way that it will next Sunday night. Most teams that feast on lesser opponents that aren’t battle tested in big games usually get exposed and fold like a cheap tent. They may be for real or they may be a product of a weak schedule. We will see what they are made of these next 2 weeks.

I remember looking down from my seats at home against the Eagles last season to watch RW catch a TD pass. Wentz was "too good" the running game "too strong" We were " too inconsistent." At home in primetime, I have faith the Hawks will prevail. This D-Line is about to eat some lunch.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information