Seahawks Vs Eagles Next Week

SlickRick

Reaction score
Good Morning Fellow Seahawks Fans. Can you all help me breakdown The Phili Eagles Opponents since opening day? The Eagles kind of remind me of the Dallas Cowboys of last year with a soft schedule & finishing atop of there respectful division.I may be wrong but I have a strong Feeling Seattle takes The W next week against a team were favored to lose to.

10-2 Eagles ( take the L against 8-4 Seahawks)

1Redskins, Struggling Redskins Lose 5-6 record
2Chiefs, roaring Chiefs beat the eagles
3Giants, take the L & currently 2-8
4Chargers lose 5-6 record
5Cardinals lose in rebuild year 4-6 record
6Panthers lose,different team since early in season
7Redskins, take another L
8 the 49ers take an L but they lose daily 1-9
9 Broncos lose,but who's there qb? 3-7
10 bye week
11 Dallas loses with no zeke in lineup 5-6 record
12 Bears ( bears took the L) bears are 3-8

This can be done to any team I understand & the eagles beat who was on their schedule. But let's not make them world beaters yet, they only have 2 teams over 500 Panthers & chiefs under there belt

I think Seattle starts a run tonight by beating the 9ers & next week make a statement by beating the eagles. DO we run the table? I know its Wistful thinking but , when Seattle gets by the eagles they will run the table IMO... & sorry 4 the book post

AM I CRAZY NOW SEAHAWKS WIN

sutz

Reaction score
Really? Game day morning and you're looking ahead to next week?

:34853_doh:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Wow, I hadn't looked at the Eagles strength of schedule. Interesting. It might be a better game than I hoped for

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well the Eagles remind me of Dallas 2016..I bet they do not go to the SB

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
sutz":16uafkbn said:

I just want to talk about the topic at hand Sutz, just want real thoughts on this please( by the way 49ers will take an L today)

droop828

Reaction score
Even without Sherman and Kam we will beat them. I can’t believe how horrible their schedule is. Teams that come out of nowhere and are aided by an easy schedule always get put in their place when real competition comes along. At Seattle on a Sunday night will expose them. Just wait and see.

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
At Indy & sox, I feel the same way the strength of schedule & they remind me of the cowboys of last year. I know I sound crazy, but stranger things have happened

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I remember when this was being said about Carolina in the playoffs. How weak their schedule was, paper tigers, and all that. They destroyed us. Took us apart from the seams and waylay-ed us.
Not saying I think thats what the Eagles do to us, but strength of schedule means absolutely nothing. Especially when they have beaten all of these teams and decidedly too.

renofox

Reaction score
Strength of schedule to date shows the Eagles as having the 19th toughest schedule. Same list has Seahawks at 31st toughest.

Or you can look at this one, which I think is more accurate. It shows Eagles at 25th and Seahawks at 32nd.

Saying that the Eagles are a paper tiger while ignoring the Seahawks poor record against [one of] the easiest to date schedule in the league is disingenuous, at best.

Seymour

Reaction score
And.....if we lose to the niners today???

We have one of the easier schedules in the league this year, so what does that make us I wonder? We must be rice paper tigers.

cymatica

Reaction score
renofox":bk5ctwh7 said:
Strength of schedule to date shows the Eagles as having the 19th toughest schedule. Same list has Seahawks at 31st toughest.

Or you can look at this one, which I think is more accurate. It shows Eagles at 25th and Seahawks at 32nd.

Saying that the Eagles are a paper tiger while ignoring the Seahawks poor record against [one of] the easiest to date schedule in the league is disingenuous, at best.

Gotta call bs on Seattle at 32nd. Do they take into account injuries to teams or just records? Do they factor in travel time/distance?

Edit: lol just had to look for 5 seconds.
Factors considered in these rankings include: margin of victory and wins and losses of opponents and the opponents of a team's opponents.

That is from the more accurate one. Looks like a terrible way to judge strength of schedule. What's that saying, it's not who you play but when you play them

bmorepunk

Reaction score
sutz":1bq149x5 said:

Four or five weeks ago quite a few people were all looking forward to the Eagles game for a "possible battle for first place in the NFC".

Right now this teams needs to get a win today and then get enough after that to make the playoffs. Just because SF is 1-9 doesn't mean this team wins. There have been a lot of things going wrong the last couple of weeks. It's a road game against a division opponent. I'll start thinking about the Eagles in about 8 hours.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
You mean to tell me we have another game next week? I thought the season was over, and we were meant to roll over and die.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Even when we play the bottom dwellers of the league, its a coin toss and we're talking about beating the one loss Eagles?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SlickRick":12dsl1jq said:
At Indy & sox, I feel the same way the strength of schedule & they remind me of the cowboys of last year. I know I sound crazy, but stranger things have happened

Maybe they're taking the Nick Saban/Alabama strategy. Play no-bodies and hope to be more fresh than the competition when it comes championship time.

NJlargent

Reaction score
The eagles are up 17-0 over the Bears. They took them out of the game early and didn’t let them hang around. They are a good team.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Why do we seem to always make excuses for other teams being dominant. Sure, they haven't run the gauntlet, but they've destroyed the teams they should have and beat the good ones they've faced. As others have pointed out, we've faced an easier schedule and struggled mightily. The Eagles are an elite team this year. Doesn't mean they win the SB, but credit where credit is obviously due.

That said, we can still beat them. It'll take a performance the likes of which we haven't seen since @NE last year, but it's possible. Even though in that game we had a full strength LoB and healthy prosise...

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Eagles defense is very good....everybody know the front seven was good and they’re without their starting MLB but it’s the secondary that has been the surprise. They’ve been shutdown unit most of the year despite yardage allowed, the exact definition of bend but don’t break.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jimmykempski/status/934867774526107649[/tweet]

The offense is well...very good, as well. Seattle is going to have their hands full but it should be a very good game.

The big thing for me is how in the hell is that horrid OL going to contain the Eagles elite pass rush from all four down positions?

sdog1981

Reaction score
You see what the Eagles do is they play bad teams and they beat bad teams they don't let them stick around.

adeltaY

Reaction score
xkj1985x":1awqe6wb said:
Eagles defense is very good....everybody know the front seven was good and they’re without their starting MLB but it’s the secondary that has been the surprise. They’ve been shutdown unit most of the year despite yardage allowed, the exact definition of bend but don’t break.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jimmykempski/status/934867774526107649[/tweet]

The offense is well...very good, as well. Seattle is going to have their hands full but it should be a very good game.

The big thing for me is how in the hell is that horrid OL going to contain the Eagles elite pass rush from all four down positions?

I agree with all your points KJ, but I will say I was dumbfounded last year when we were able to mitigate the Eagles pass rush. I have ZERO idea how we were able to do that then get annihilated by a much worse TB pass rush.