Russel Wilson Deserves A Better Program Around Him.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
@ the end of last season I warned this year might be Pete's final year in Seattle. I feel the same but even more justified in saying so. Over the course of this season many more in here have joined in my concern over the program as a whole.

RW deserves something better and I just don't think Pete is the guy to deliver Seattle a top-tier franchise anymore.

I would add I have been very impressed with how RW has played for much of this season and can only imagine what he could do with a more competent/consistent line and running game. The chemistry we have all hoped for between he and Graham is finally showing up (though we could very well lose Big Jimmy in the off season) the passes are crisp, RW's speed is def. back, and more important, he's showing a willingness to make mistakes/take risks which is a hallmark of very great HoF QB.

Unfortunately RW has surpassed the coaching staff by several levels and the organization needs to be prepared to put the staff in place that can give RW, the team, and the fans, a legit powerhouse contender over the next 3-5 seasons which could prove RW's most productive yet should he stay healthy.

Yes, I know some will say be careful what you wish for, that what replaces Pete could be much worse, etc., but I'm convinced it's worth the risk to avoid the pretender status our Hawks have been the last few seasons.

Wilson is a talent actually right now truly coming into his own. That might sound odd given he already has a ring but that ring was from a very different team of which he played a role and not always the most important one. Now the stage is/should be his. Give him the supporting cast from the coaches on down to make it happen. He's getting that look that tells me he's finally comfortable demanding these things. I say good on him.

Get it done. Give RW the personnel he needs and then let us sit back and see how far his remarkable talent can take us.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I really like and appreciate what Pete built, but it's a copycat league + a league where if you stay stagnant, you're going to be figured out swiftly by the other top tier programs and sadly this is where we're at. If we end up winning less than 10 games this year, and/or miss the playoffs, does anyone other than the Sioux hawk have a compelling argument to the contrary?

getnasty

Reaction score
semiahmoo":zr2eckwu said:
@ the end of last season I warned this year might be Pete's final year in Seattle. I feel the same but even more justified in saying so. Over the course of this season many more in here have joined in my concern over the program as a whole.

RW deserves something better and I just don't think Pete is the guy to deliver Seattle a top-tier franchise anymore.

I would add I have been very impressed with how RW has played for much of this season and can only imagine what he could do with a more competent/consistent line and running game. The chemistry we have all hoped for between he and Graham is finally showing up (though we could very well lose Big Jimmy in the off season) the passes are crisp, RW's speed is def. back, and more important, he's showing a willingness to make mistakes/take risks which is a hallmark of very great HoF QB.

Unfortunately RW has surpassed the coaching staff by several levels and the organization needs to be prepared to put the staff in place that can give RW, the team, and the fans, a legit powerhouse contender over the next 3-5 seasons which could prove RW's most productive yet should he stay healthy.

Yes, I know some will say be careful what you wish for, that what replaces Pete could be much worse, etc., but I'm convinced it's worth the risk to avoid the pretender status our Hawks have been the last few seasons.

Wilson is a talent actually right now truly coming into his own. That might sound odd given he already has a ring but that ring was from a very different team of which he played a role and not always the most important one. Now the stage is/should be his. Give him the supporting cast from the coaches on down to make it happen. He's getting that look that tells me he's finally comfortable demanding these things. I say good on him.

Get it done. Give RW the personnel he needs and then let us sit back and see how far his remarkable talent can take us.

Who you hiring?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
My only concern is that I seriously don't see any way that K. Richard or Cable don't take over (which will likely result in The Bevell staying) if Pete actually does take the blinders off and sees this team for what it TRULY is and says farewell.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hgwellz12":162b9bhx said:
I really like and appreciate what Pete built, but it's a copycat league + a league where if you stay stagnant, you're going to be figured out swiftly by the other top tier programs and sadly this is where we're at. If we end up winning less than 10 games this year, and/or miss the playoffs, does anyone other than the Sioux hawk have a compelling argument to the contrary?

Agreed - Pete's format was stale during Training Camp two years ago and has only worsened since then.

I will always be grateful for his help in bringing us a title but he even looks burnt out these days and sad to say, his coaching has reflected that for a while as well.

RW's potential is too great. He deserves to be given something better to allow him to bring the team back to he promised land.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Pete's opinion is no longer relevant.

Time for this guy to make the move for something different.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1ahcf7jd said:
hgwellz12":1ahcf7jd said:

Agreed - Pete's format was stale during Training Camp two years ago and has only worsened since then.

I will always be grateful for his help in bringing us a title but he even looks burnt out these days and sad to say, his coaching has reflected that for a while as well.

RW's potential is too great. He deserves to be given something better to allow him to bring the team back to he promised land.

Spot on about how drained Pete looks. And I know he's STILL "the youngest old coach around" & all that good stuff but even the state of the country politics and spillover to the league has been a drain on ME, a 38 year old Black man who "gets it", I can only imagine how it has weighed on Pete. And then there are all of the injuries to his prized defensive studs. I'd be a damn headcase I imagine.

RussB

Reaction score
I agree about that. Pete should stay but there needs to be a revamp on the offensive side of the ball. Better Qb coaches, better Oc. Preferabbly an elite OC. Wilson deserves that because hes an elite player and they need to build around him more now that the defense is regressing and its become wilsons team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
semiahmoo":32i46zca said:
Word is the talks have already been initiated...

You should know better by now. You can't make that kind of a statement without supportive facts via a link or some reputable source. If you can't offer that up I will remove that quote myself.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seafan":11ni9k2t said:
The Hawk receivers deserve a more consistent passer.

LOL you mean more consistant then the 2nd best all time QBr leader, which is what we have. thanks for the laugh though

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seafan":esx435r5 said:

Who are you? Pete prisco?
Wilson works miracles and behind this line and no running game? Find me another qb that would care better with the personnel around him?

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
I would love for Pete to stay, but the offensive side of the ball coaching wise needs a change, imo primarily Cable. It is the inconsistency and lack of identity of this offense that has has lead to a majority of our losses.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seafan":2cpxbw8q said:

LOL, you mean the receivers/TEs who dropped four passes that hit them in the hands today? Or who weren't getting open and forcing him to do acrobatics to try to keep the play alive? I actually can't think of an inaccurate throw save the pick and the underthrow to Lockett in the endzone. This was on a very windy day too.

The dream: PC continues as HC and works wonders as a master motivator and DB guru with strong influence on the defensive side. He hires a new, creative OC who has full control over the offense OR he gives Bev the licence to call the plays as he sees fit without adhering to any philosophy Pete sets out.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Attention please.

The post was edited by myself.
Please redirect the conversation back to the OP, and refrain from further commenting on the aspect that was removed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hgwellz12":a16hvf0w said:

Missing the playoffs in a year where four other NFC teams go at least 13-3 isn't going to be a compelling argument for Pete being out of touch.

Pointing to Pete's "program" and "philosophy" or the music he plays at training camp is appealing to unprovable intangibles. In the end, it's going to come down to drops by our WR's and horrible luck at the RB position. Pete made moves there. He made moves at OT (finally). He made moves at DL. You can't blame him for that. Sometimes the injury bug just bites you.

I can blame him for slow first-half starts. But at least that's something falsifiable, rather than pointing to things that can't even be measured and then feeling good because there's no way to contradict your position.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Seafan":324c5myq said:

Sir the only reason this team is a perennial playoff team is because of the man making those passes, not the other way around. Without russ this team is a good Defense with nothing else

Seymour

Reaction score
xStickybudz":2evhyfqy said:
Seafan":2evhyfqy said:

Sir the only reason this team is a perennial playoff team is because of the man making those passes, not the other way around. Without russ this team is a good Defense with nothing else

May as well say that to a brick wall. Some people don't understand what "you take the good with the bad" means and never will get it.
You weigh it all out and at the end of the day if you are still near the top of your position group then you accept it and work to improve it. You don't throw it away and live with more Tavaris Jackson years "looking for that guy".