What Defines Hitting Rock Bottom??

Seymour

Reaction score
This is about the running game, and this week it's Eddie Lacy. Pete seemed genuinely excited about the "emergence" of Lacy on Sunday. "We really got to feel him this week"....blah blah blah.

DUDE!! He had 17 carries for 46 yards ave. 2.7 per carry against one of the bottom 3 run defenses in the NFL and you want to throw him a party?

Also, in other news, what's up with Rawls not getting any shots? I realize between Lacy and Rawls it is becoming the topic of lessor of 2 evils, but at least Rawls is in good enough shape to break one lose eventually.

McKissic could have had a few more carries also (4 / 22 5.5 YPC). Anyway, nothing to celebrate with those numbers against THAT team IMO. :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I take from your post Seymour that you're specifically referring to the run game?

If that's the case, we're at rock bottom right now. When your entire franchise's philosophy from the GM to the dude who cleans the jock straps revolves around being a pounding run first offense.......................and your leading rusher is your QB, AND your leading RB is a guy who hasn't played in like seven weeks?

Seahawks, please let me introduce you to rock bottom.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, you know it's bad when you're saying "look, they got 2 yards" Ugh

Lacy is so flippen slow.........

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jk5cuwu said:
I take from your post Seymour that you're specifically referring to the run game?

If that's the case, we're at rock bottom right now. When your entire franchise's philosophy from the GM to the dude who cleans the jock straps revolves around being a pounding run first offense.......................and your leading rusher is your QB, AND your leading RB is a guy who hasn't played in like seven weeks?

Seahawks, please let me introduce you to rock bottom.

Seymour":2jk5cuwu said:
This is about the running game,

Ummm...ya. 1st sentence. ;)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I do hope that that game represents their final attempt to squeeze worth out of the Lacy signing. Awful signing. But you can't fault him for putting lots of effort into the RB problem.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Lacy hit like a 250+ lb marshmallow? Pete was raving about his physicality yet Rawls seems to break more tackles. I know Rawls has become a head case, and likely not the total answer, but we need to find "the guy" to lean on this final stretch. Right now (Davis aside), I think we are back to square 1.

I hope Pete isn't really excited about Lacy and that was just coach speak.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
They got a feel for what he could do . . . and it wasn't very good.

Mike Davis should be back this week. Thank God.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1i2fgzuo said:
Yeah, you know it's bad when you're saying "look, they got 2 yards" Ugh

Lacy is so flippen slow.........

Has there ever been a RB as big as Lacy that can't break a tackle? Not even one.

I like the guy, seems like a good dude and lord knows he's tried hard. But I see a RB that has nothing left, and I hope to never see him run the ball again in a Hawk's uniform.

Rawls, Davis, McKissic.............hell, bring Derick Fenner out of retirement, I don't care. Anybody but Lacy.

iigakusei

Reaction score
If Lacy starts over Mike Davis against the Eagles I will lose my mind.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Funny (but not really) I heard on sports radio today Greg Bell say they are just trying to get something out of Lacy because of the $$ invested. Hmm, so if true does it make sense that you mitigate your $$ investment with a lack of production and a potential loss? That doesn't stand the test of a reasonable decision IMO.

I hope this is more stubborn behavior and a test against a weak opponent. If they start (and feature) Lacy against the Eagles we are in deep dodo.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
iigakusei":1vic3k8g said:

Is Davis suppose to be ready next week? I have to think he is above Lacy still, but that is why the thread here. Pete's comments makes me wonder.

massari

Reaction score
Pretty sad that we're all praying a guy with 3 YPC on the season and 2.1 YPC for his career will be back and starting against the #1 rushing defense in the NFL.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":34r79nx3 said:
Funny (but not really) I heard on sports radio today Greg Bell say they are just trying to get something out of Lacy because of the $$ invested. Hmm, so if true does it make sense that you mitigate your $$ investment with a lack of production and a potential loss? That doesn't stand the test of a reasonable decision IMO.

I would be extremely skeptical of that kind of statement. Especially since Seattle has done the exact opposite in terms of roster spots and playing time every year. Including Carson starting over Lacy to start this year.

I'd call BS on that.

Now if that supposition is framed in a conversation over playing time relative to Lacy and Rawls -- that *might* make sense. Because in that respect, I think that Rawls/Lacy are largely interchangeable in terms of productivity. And that scale may tip in Lacy's favor anyway.

Lacy has largely been a volume kind of back. Getting more effective after a large number of carries. Not unlike most bigger backs. Rawls doesn't have that kind of profile.

I don't think it's coincidence that Seattle scouts have been attending a lot of games featuring Seahawk profile RBs this year. And honestly, it's a pretty good class to be looking for one. Just as last year was.

I don't think they will need to tear up the roster to resolve the running game. But they will need to add a day 2 quality back to the RB room. Right now I know Procise elicits groans among the faithful 12s. Really though, could his first two years be any closer to Paul Richardson's? Both tantalizingly good. Frustratingly fragile. Now in Richardson's final year and a half of his rookie deal, we're benefiting from a stretch of good health. Procise's first two years are almost exactly like Paul's first two seasons. He's still going to be cheap. And is still worth the #5 RB roster spot until we get one that is better.

I'm assuming its:

Carson
Rookie RB
Rawls
McKissic
Procise

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":3lvuoyj0 said:
iigakusei":3lvuoyj0 said:

Is Davis suppose to be ready next week? I have to think he is above Lacy still, but that is why the thread here. Pete's comments makes me wonder.

Pete said today that both Davis and Griffin are good to go.

Davis showed some flashes before he got hurt, so I'd be shocked if we see Lacy at all. He just had an ENTIRE game against a mediocre defense with a banged up D-line behind the best O-line we've had all year...............and stunk.

whidbeast

Reaction score
Lacy is Cary Williams.

I think they'd cut bait if there weren't a 100 percent chance the next back up would get injured immediately.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q70tvcgk said:
Seymour":q70tvcgk said:
iigakusei":q70tvcgk said:

Pete said today that both Davis and Griffin are good to go.

Davis showed some flashes before he got hurt, so I'd be shocked if we see Lacy at all. He just had an ENTIRE game against a mediocre defense with a banged up D-line behind the best O-line we've had all year...............and stunk.

Good news...hopefully. Davis brings hope at least.

BTW Niners run D is not even mediocre. They rank 29th against the rush (today) and held us to around 40 yards under their average (including Wilsons #'s), and playing us improved their stats.

adeltaY

Reaction score
They need to stop running Lacy unless everyone else gets injured. I really feel for the dude and his struggles, but as a runner, he's just not getting it done.

Aside from the RBs, shouldn't our run blocking be, ya know, at least decent? We have the alleged run blocking wizard Cable and are starting three first round picks and two second round picks. I get Joeckel is returning from injury, Britt was banged up, Pocic has been switching around, and Brown is injured/new, so I'd give it a couple weeks. I expect us to put up a respectable running performance in the next couple of weeks. If they suck at running for the rest of the year, we have MAJOR problems.