Wagz the Dog

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
Wag the dog - The less important or subsidiary factor, person, or thing dominates a situation; the usual roles are reversed.

Amidst all the turmoil about coaching staff, running game, O-line, secondary, pass rush, run defense, QB play, TE play/usage, draft picks (did I miss any?), Bobby Wagner can do no wrong. He shows up every single week and plays almost flawlessly. Every single game he can be seen crashing the line of scrimmage to make a tackle for loss, running sideline to sideline to prevent a big gain, or blanketing receivers in coverage. He often gets less recognition than Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, and Bennett, he sets the tone for the defense and their intesity (although a big argument can be made for Earl).

Despite our sub-optimal record, and questionable playoff chances, Bobby Wagner is a great reason that every Seahawk fan... no, football fan can enjoy watching the Seahawks play. He has been a dominating figure of our defense since his rookie year, and has logged over 100 tackles every single year of his career. While he may never win a DPOY award due to the talent around him, he is already the greatest ILB in franchise history. Assuming he stays in healthy and in Seattle, when he decides to retire he will be deserving of the Ring of Honor, and should someday see his name in the discussion for the HOF.

Okay, now that I have revealed my love for number 54, please resume the regular team shaming that has consumed this site.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Dude is a stud. We have plenty of current hawks that fans crap on that they will sorely miss once retired or gone.

sutz

Reaction score
Wags is a stud, and he excels in all facets of the defense. There have been several games that he single handedly turned momentum around with plays in key situations. He's slowly getting some recognition from the talking heads in the booth, so I hope he gets a shot at a Gold Jacket some day. He's earning his way there, game by game.

Own The West

Reaction score
I had a hard time warming up to Bobby since I had my heart set on Mychael Kendricks that year.

Mr. Wagner, I owe you an apology. Keep up the good work.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Bobby's the best player on our team. Love the guy.

RussB

Reaction score
He should have got defensive player of the year last year. The guy just balls out every game.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Even with Earl being the only remaining member of the LOB, I believe an argument can be made that Wagner is more important to this team currently than ET. If we were to lose Wagner the defense would be lost.

Steve2222

Reaction score
One day find his way in the discussion to the HOF? Hell his current career track places him as an unquestioned first balloter

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
He is da man. KJ wright is another unsung hero as well. He doesn't have gaudy numbers but he is usaully in the right lace at the right time. These two are not the most outspoken and therefor less recognized but no less important that the LOB (if not more so).

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Wags was the Play of the Game in our winning SB appearance. He has continued to improve
each year since. He has become the KEY to our Defense.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1nwbiqwy said:
If I remember correctly, Wags was the Play of the Game in our winning SB appearance. He has continued to improve
each year since. He has become the KEY to our Defense.

Are you referring to Malcolm Smiths pick 6? There was like 20 plays of the game that game.

sutz

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":128018in said:
Was Malcom the Player of the Game?
Yes, but almost by default. He was kind of lucky about being in the right place at the right time on a couple of plays, but you could have picked any of about 4 or 5 defensive players that had great games that day.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I would have given it to Kam. He set the tone early that the D came to dominate.

potatohead

Reaction score
Steve2222":1sxdqqyh said:
I would have given it to Kam. He set the tone early that the D came to dominate.

Me too. He was a monster in that game.

Wagner is one of those guys who just goes about his business, works hard, doesn't really seek recognition, just lets his play do the talking. He is one hell of a football player and anyone who pays any attention at all knows that. One of the absolute upper echelon players in the league.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
From the reports I read, Kam wouldn't sign the Disney parade clause and therefor could not receive the MVP. Might not be true as far as anyone admits, but it's not like it's hard to believe.