This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Philadelphia Eagles

BlueThunder

Reaction score

Steve2222

Reaction score
Reading through some of the forums the fans seem cautiously optimistic about the game. Surprising as I figured they’d be real cocky coming into Seattle.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the last time the Seahawks were this big of an under dog was the Pats game at Gillette last year were the Seahawks ended up playing their best game of the year. As far as an imiditation factor goes, there’s no way the Seahawks are going to go into this game intimidated. Granted I know it’s not the same team as years past, but we’ve had some big, nasty loaded teams come into Seattle that we just dominated. 2012 49ers comes to mind. I’m sure guys like Russell, Doug, Wagner, and ET are excited for this opportunity.

I’m pretty excited for this game. We will finally have our answer to this season. Either we’ll come out as contenders or we can go ahead and start looking ahead to 2018 after this Sunday.

irocdave

Reaction score
Just going off of memory, but I recall the Eagle's playing the Sea-hawk's several times over the past decade when they were playing well, only to get thumped. This goes back to the Holmy days IIRC. I am getting on in years, but that is what comes to my mind when I think of the Eagles.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Hawks win this game. It's not as drastic as what has transpired with the Redskins, but close, just no playoff games versus them.

Mindsink

Reaction score
irocdave":dbjexw6z said:
Just going off of memory, but I recall the Eagle's playing the Sea-hawk's several times over the past decade when they were playing well, only to get thumped. This goes back to the Holmy days IIRC. I am getting on in years, but that is what comes to my mind when I think of the Eagles.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Hawks win this game. It's not as drastic as what has transpired with the Redskins, but close, just no playoff games versus them.

Yeah. One of the more memorable games was a 42-0 beatdown in cold Philly in 2005 or 06, IIRC.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
irocdave":m0ifw14d said:

Only twice have the Eagles been to Seattle with a winning record since 2008. They were here in 2008. Seneca Wallace hit Koren Robinson with a long TD on the first play of the game (or right around the first play of the game) and then they didn't score another point, Eagles won 29-7.

They were also here with a 9-4 record in 2014. Seahawks took a 10 point lead midway through the third quarter and held on for a 24-14 win against the Mark Sanchez (lol) led Eagles.

Every other meeting in the past decade, if I remember correctly, were against dreadful Eagle teams.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":3gajeyjt said:
The 2014 game was in Philadelphia. The Eagles were 9-3 at the time.

Yes sir, you are correct. My bad. So I guess then in reality, they've only been here in Seattle with a winning record/decent team once and they won.

I remember I was at the Thursday Night game back in 2011 (I still don't know why I bought a ticket to that when I knew what was going to happen). I remember Michael Vick was hurt and the Eagles started Vince Young and then to make matters worse, Desean Jackson had a fall out or something with Andy Reid a few days before the game so Reid suspended him and didn't allow him to travel. I knew it was going to be an ass whooping and surely it was, 31-14.

justdrop

Reaction score
adeltaY":23xzewpo said:
The 2014 game was in Philadelphia. The Eagles were 9-3 at the time.
I was at that game. :cry: Believe me, I didn't think the Eagles stood a chance of winning with Sanchez at the helm.

First post here and looking to engage in constructive discussions regarding the game Sunday night.

RCATES

Reaction score
Eagles have a lot to be excited about. Its their lack of big game playoff experience that will likely be their demise this year. Strong future though. Seahawks are backed against the wall in this one. A loss would be 3 straight home losses. Just can't see that happening.

original poster

Reaction score
RCATES":32gmj5fc said:
Eagles have a lot to be excited about. Its their lack of big game playoff experience that will likely be their demise this year. Strong future though. Seahawks are backed against the wall in this one. A loss would be 3 straight home losses. Just can't see that happening.

I agree.

Along with two prime time games. Just can't see it happening.

Sunday night is going to be a hell of a game, for sure.

NINEster

Reaction score
GeekHawk":15cwc4ci said:
Hopefully their big plan is to contain RW and make him beat them with his arm...

It's will always be the best way to beat RW.

original poster

Reaction score
The official Eagles message board are a great bunch of guys, actually. You can have a genuine chat about the game. They've been very welcoming to me, can't beat it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
original poster":3pe1uju6 said:
The official Eagles message board are a great bunch of guys, actually. You can have a genuine chat about the game. They've been very welcoming to me, can't beat it.

Yes, they've always been good over the years - kinda fun to see their excitement this year.

You've done a great job interacting with them!

original poster

Reaction score
RedAlice":31qwlfwj said:
original poster":31qwlfwj said:

Yes, they've always been good over the years - kinda fun to see their excitement this year.

You've done a great job interacting with them!

Thank you Alice. Respect is everything, I got treated exactly the same as guys that come here and show respect, basic manners if you ask me!

hawker84

Reaction score
Gonna be playoff atmosphere no doubt, hope the crowd is louder than it's been all season, the D is going to need that.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
hawker84":6euas40j said:
Gonna be playoff atmosphere no doubt, hope the crowd is louder than it's been all season, the D is going to need that.

I just hope that most of the fans have heard what Pete has been saying over and over again this week... "12's... We NEED you! GET LOUD!!!"... I just hope that if the Iggle's get a lead that they don't get all quiet. That'd kinda bum me out. :(

Scorpion05

Reaction score
NINEster":2e3etqmp said:
GeekHawk":2e3etqmp said:
Hopefully their big plan is to contain RW and make him beat them with his arm...

It's will always be the best way to beat RW.

It is the way everyone thinks they need to beat him. And Russell still finds a way