Jimmy vs PRich

mikeak

Reaction score
I think the fact that we got Vannett into the passing game more will over the rest of the season be used to see if we can re-sign Willson and roll with him and Vannett and let Graham go

Not saying he isn't valuable just the question is can we provide 85%-90% of those catches with different players?

I think PRich goes as well by the way. We are going to lose a few other players that we hopefully have replaced through this year's draft (Avril goes as well IMHO)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd be nervous about giving either Jimmy or P-Rich a big contract. Both have had injuries and both are streaky offensive contributors.

But if you're making me choose, it's Graham. He's a far more valuable commodity and unique athlete than Richardson is, even if Richardson's upside may be in front of him.

Or..............you could cut Sherman and sign both and then some.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think they will figure out a way to re-sign both Jimmy G and PRich. Both have good chemistry developing with RW. Both will be Seahawks next season, IMHO

Seymour

Reaction score
While I'll say I'm proud of Bevell and Russ learning how to throw a lob pass to a TE that can box out a defender in under 3 years, Jimmy still is a part of the running game problem in several ways. 1) blocking, and 2) his expense for what is typically a lessor expensive position to fill. We learned from Miller that Bevell knows little about using a quality TE, so lets not repeat the mistake a 3rd time.

I know it's exciting to see the progress and red zone usage after the long wait, but lets use the $$ wisely and put together a line that can run block and protect our top investment IMO.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
mikeak":322jq4qt said:
I think the fact that we got Vannett into the passing game more will over the rest of the season be used to see if we can re-sign Willson and roll with him and Vannett and let Graham go
I'd rather re-sign Graham, let Willson walk and draft a 3rd TE.

Wilson to Graham is working now in the RZ and Willson just doesn't do enough to keep imo.

Seymour

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2921t7ot said:
mikeak":2921t7ot said:

Wilson to Graham is working now in the RZ and Willson just doesn't do enough to keep imo.

What you talkin bout Willis? He is our go to guy on 4th down now. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
HawkerD

HawkerD

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":iwm2g4r0 said:
mikeak":iwm2g4r0 said:

Grahm and Willson are apples and oranges. You can keep both. Willson is a 2nd or 3rd tier player. He tested free agency last time and came back with his tail between his legs. Prich if healthy, will command WR #2 money which is about the same as #1 TE money. We can pay only one.

PRich is a commodity. Darboh or Moore can probably take his snaps. Graham is unique the way he is playing now. Even if the defense knows he is getting the ball they can't stop him if the ball is accurately thrown. I can't believe I am touting JG. I called for the team cutting him for 3 years. Never doubted him but the coaches and Wilson seemed clueless in how to use him. Now that they have it figured out it would be a huge waste to say so long to a TD machine.

SUhawk

Reaction score
jimmy is #1 red zone target, paul richardson is trash taking advantage of lack of coverage drawn to doug Baldwin and jimmy

gubernaculum

Reaction score
I think the franchise tag for Jimmy is 10 million. If that's the case, tag him. I wouldn't sign a 31 year old tight end to a long term contract, though. Regarding P.Rich, I'd be nervous signing him since he's never played a full season. If the price is right, then sure.

gubernaculum

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1j8b0547 said:

I would think that Sherman would have some trade value, as opposed to cutting him..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gubernaculum":2x9ph2lw said:
Sgt. Largent":2x9ph2lw said:

I would think that Sherman would have some trade value, as opposed to cutting him..

Whatever trade value he had evaporated with his achilles tear.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I'd keep jimmy over prich all day.

Jimmy commands attention. He helps others offensive playmakers out by drawing the attention to him. He and Russ have been awesome in the redzone and got it figured out I believe.

I live prich. Shoot I love my team. However, I'd take a superstar who is killing the redzone all day.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SUhawk":1rqvsyqp said:
jimmy is #1 red zone target, paul richardson is trash taking advantage of lack of coverage drawn to doug Baldwin and jimmy

35 receptions, 584 yards, and 5 TD's isn't exactly trash. Nor are his highlight reels.

In the end, I'd prefer Jimmy because 1) he's got better physical traits, 2) he doesn't have as bad an injury history, 3) we have even worse depth at TE then we do WR, and 4) he didn't wait for his contract year here to put up good numbers (yes, that's right, his 2016 featured good numbers for us, go look them up).

But that doesn't mean P-Rich is trash. He's playing well. It's going to be a tough choice.

massari

Reaction score
P Rich is younger and will likely be a lot cheaper.

Teams with a lot of cap room will likely overpay so I'm kinda hoping they let both go, clear some cap room, collect a couple 3rd round comp picks and hope Darboh/Moore/Vannett/the run game can step it up.

The offense was rollin without eiither guy in 2015.

They can sign Austin Seferian-Jenkins and a good in-line blocker like Anthony Fasano to help the run game, if the price is right.

Seferian-Jenkins
Willson
Vannett
Fasano

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I wanna see a Richardson signed up long term, just not Paul.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Right now, TDs are hard to come by with the Hawks.

Currently in the red zone, Graham seems to be the most effective, this alone is enough justification to resign him.

What I do not understand is why can't defenses figure out how to stop graham in the end zone?

But this is for another thread.

P-Rich has been good but you need to think is it cause he's good or is it cause defenses are playing him soft focusing on containing Wilson, watching Baldwin or doubling Jimmy?

You should resign the guy if he is the reason he is creating the plays with his skills not so much he is a beneficiary of another player being the focus.

Just my two cents.

Resign jimmy 3 years, maybe, and let P-Rich test his options.