Brian Baldinger Disgusted by OL Mistakes

adeltaY

Reaction score
Oh boy, watching some of these was difficult. The one where Tobin knocks Brown out of the play is downright embarrassing. Also, Ifedi had a bad game. Joeckel and Brown failing to pick up a stunt is forgivable because Brown didn't practice and Joeckel just came back from injury and the two have never played together. Is Ifedi poorly coached or is he just not learning?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/935598845056241664[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/935870293897367552[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/935871478003838977[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/935876187959840768[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/935877685947052032[/tweet]

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Didn't Ifedi grade out really high after the game?

Pretty sure I read that he had his best game as a pro Sunday.....

Seymour

Reaction score
What is most sad about all that is the fact that is our "improved" oline play and that is against the #29th run D. And it really was worse earlier in the year. Cable needs to give 1/2 his paycheck to Wilson for saving his job year after year.

sdog1981

Reaction score
At this is Pete's problem now, there has been more than enough evidence that Tom Cable horrible.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OLE'! watching the matadors above brings home how poorly a few of the players are doing their jobs. Ifedi was engaged with 3 rushers on one play and Pocic left his man to engage in a combo midline block, exactly why I don't know but that left a free rusher to chase Wilson around. Pocic combined with Ifedi is a recipe for disaste.

I'd be happy to pay Cable out and move on with a new OLine coach. The assistants here already might be able to do a better job w/o the egos involved.

The whole O scheme needs an overhaul as it has been figured out by defences. Replacing the architect of these horrible OLines and the Coordinator of the running game would be a good start.

aredub

Reaction score
Ifedi is the worst....wow. I knew he was bad, but this is just awful. It doesn't even look like he knows what his assignment is on any of these! This is really embarrassing to watch. If it wasn't for Wilson's ability to escapse it'd be even worse. Move him back to RG or something and let someone else play RT.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Someone please tag Pete with these clips. Because I really think he is only shown the few good plays by Cable.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Its OK guys, we have the Oline guru Mr. Cable to figure these issues out.

:roll:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
This has to stop. Cable is responsible for the development and progression of these players and this is just further evidence that he either has some ass backward scheme that no one but he understands or just simply he doens't know what he's doing.

The phrase "Fake it till you make it" comes to mine when it comes to Cable and his job.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Cable needs to be fired. I'm sorry, I'm tired of this. And it sickens me to my stomach that Russell actually gets some of the blame when he deals with this hot garbage. Disgusting

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
These are mostly mental mistakes.

I deeply wish for Tom Cable to lose his job after this season. But he won’t. I just really hope that when PC retires that Cable is not retained by the new coaching staff.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank God we have the untouchable Tom Cable! :34853_doh:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Three of those plays were supposed to be combo blocks by Pocic that he botched because he's playing a new position (RG) on the fly. One was Joeckel showing rust on a missed stunt. Last one was Matt Tobin being Matt Tobin.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2wzlsqsm said:

You read that from PFF, the same group that missed at least two pressures allowed by Pocic (#1 is shown in the first clip).

I'm not defending our OL, exactly, but I am about done with Brian Baldinger. No national analyst wrings his hands or takes a team's struggles so weirdly personally. He's been doing this all season.

He also isn't using any context. Ifedi is bad. Tobin is bad and not a starter. Pocic is a rookie. Brown hadn't practiced all week. That pretty much explains most of what you just saw on tape, yet it gets no acknowledgement from Baldinger. That makes him an Ifedi-level analyst.

It's yet another example of how blaming "the line" is a reductive and useless waste of words. Call out the correct people for specific things. Don't just blame "the line". That includes Brown and Britt.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2nyq53uc said:
Hawkpower":2nyq53uc said:

You read that from PFF, the same group that missed at least two pressures allowed by Pocic (#1 is shown in the first clip).

I'm not defending our OL, exactly, but I am about done with Brian Baldinger. No national analyst wrings his hands or takes a team's struggles so weirdly personally. He's been doing this all season.

He also isn't using any context. Tobin is bad. Ifedi is bad. Pocic is a rookie. That pretty much explains most of what you just saw on tape.

It's yet another example of how blaming "the line" is a reductive and useless waste of words. Call out the correct people for specific things. Don't just blame "the line". That includes Brown and Britt.

Ifedi had a good game to my eyes. He tends to do better when he avoid speed rushers. Unfortunately, the Eagles have a good outside speed rusher.

Seymour

Reaction score
As many know, I'm no Ifedi fan, but I saw more errors from Pocic on those clips myself.

I don't blame Baldinger for going after the low hanging fruit we left either. Most of those guys go after what they know the best. I've heard the same from Shawn O'hara this season a few times. As far as I'm concerned, those guys are on our side if they help with pressure to replace the incompetent.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":2eswuevo said:
As many know, I'm no Ifedi fan, but I saw more errors from Pocic on those clips myself.

I don't blame Baldinger for going after the low hanging fruit we left either. Most of those guys go after what they know the best. I've heard the same from Shawn O'hara this season a few times. As far as I'm concerned, those guys are on our side if they help with pressure to replace the incompetent.
I agree with this. Pocic struggled more than Ifedi from what I saw in the game and even in these clips. The thing with Pocic is he just isn't strong enough it seams to handle DT's inside. He's just a rookie so he can add strength in the offseason but for this season why not play him at RT where he can make more use of his superior footwork and technique and push Ifedi inside to use his pure strength?

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":ff5dyyd7 said:
Seymour":ff5dyyd7 said:

I agree with this. Pocic struggled more than Ifedi from what I saw in the game and even in these clips. The thing with Pocic is he just isn't strong enough it seams to handle DT's inside. He's just a rookie so he can add strength in the offseason but for this season why not play him at RT where he can make more use of his superior footwork and technique and push Ifedi inside to use his pure strength?

I've been calling for that since pre season. I'll have to defer to Cable the oline "genius" for that answer though.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
DJrmb":2vmq9xvs said:
Seymour":2vmq9xvs said:

I agree with this. Pocic struggled more than Ifedi from what I saw in the game and even in these clips. The thing with Pocic is he just isn't strong enough it seams to handle DT's inside.

Especially Deforest Buckner. Shanahan was smart to match him up with Pocic.

I suspect Pocic is getting the same rookie pass that Shaquill Griffin is. Which is fine. They're both struggling, but promisingly, not fatally. Each is doing some things very well.