Seahawks scalping their own fans, Blue Pride listen up

Gormanimal

Reaction score
I got my offer to buy available tickets to the Eagles game thus Sunday. For section 313 row gg they want 140 plus ticket master fees. This is my benefit for being on the waiting list for 5 years. Well, I will not pay that, completely ridiculous. And if other people do pay it, how long until that is the regular price?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Economics 101 my friend. If it is too expensive then don't go.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll keep my ears open Gorm. I always seem to have a friend or two selling tix, and for face value as well. If I hear something, I'll shoot you a PM.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
The Seahawks and every other team started doing this last yr. It's called dynamic ticket prices. When you go to ticketmaster.com and you see tickets from varified seller tickets, it's from fans selling tickets. If you see standard tickets, it's from the Seahawks. Definition of dynamic tickets---teams hold back tickets and look at what the price of the ticket is going for on the secondary market and uses that price. It's definitely the teams doing it and not ticketmaster because ive seen it done through team box offices

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Yup, noticed it last year as well. It's a shame that teams are doing this especially since tickets are already pretty expensive. At least the initial 4 tickets we get before the season aren't marked up.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Gormanimal":17td3577 said:
I got my offer to buy available tickets to the Eagles game thus Sunday. For section 313 row gg they want 140 plus ticket master fees. This is my benefit for being on the waiting list for 5 years. Well, I will not pay that, completely ridiculous. And if other people do pay it, how long until that is the regular price?

Welcome to the world of scalpers! Nose bleed tickets for $150 ... that figures out to be about $50 per hour of entertainment....cheap compared to other forms of entertainment. If I was to list them, I'd probably be banned!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Economics are why the HFA is diminishing. More visiting fans and more casual/wealthy fans that sit on their hands for the hot ticket.

xgeoff

Reaction score
This is, in fact, institutionalized scalping. I had a back and forth with a season ticket holder when I complained about paying $200 a few years back when the face value of the ticket was $70. She gave me some ridiculous excuses, including the fees involved in selling the tickets, to justify those types of prices.

It's a disingenuous argument, however. It is fans engaging in an activity that would otherwise be illegal. There is no reason that fans should be able to sell their tickets for a profit. An upcharge to cover the fees would be fine, but not the ridiculous prices you see.

On a positive note, season ticket holders are restricted in the number of games they can sell. On a negative note, season ticket holders are forced to buy pre-season games, which I think is horsesh*t.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":33omxtul said:
SoulfishHawk":33omxtul said:
Well, if they are selling thru ticketmaster, the team is not the ones who set the price right?

Quoted for truth

Not correct. The team is using dynamic pricing where they monitor 3rd party prices and then sell remaining seats BY THE TEAM using their Ticketmaster partner.

UW does the same bing with dynamic pricing

I once bought them then realized what was going on. I could have scalped for much better prices. You get tricked because you set your Ticketmaster search to "no resellers" and these tickets shows up

Mad Dog

Reaction score
There are some of us that had to eat the cost of tickets in the bad times because we couldn’t give them away. It goes both ways as a season ticket holder.
If you want to have tickets to the hottest show in town, buy season tickets when the team is bad and stick with it. Don’t whine about being shafted by people who’ve weathered the tough times.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Really can't complain about the price of tickets no matter where you buying them from. If tickets had a market value of $500 each, but were forced to be sold at $200, then you would have 0 opportunity to even obtain one. The increase in price is the very reason people can still buy a ticket.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It is what it is, you can still find tickets for face value right before the game. Or on Craigslist leading up to the game.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2c346zcd said:
There are some of us that had to eat the cost of tickets in the bad times because we couldn’t give them away. It goes both ways as a season ticket holder.
If you want to have tickets to the hottest show in town, buy season tickets when the team is bad and stick with it. Don’t whine about being shafted by people who’ve weathered the tough times.

QFT. I recall a game against the Redskins, at CenturyLink, when I could not find a single soul who would pay me $20 for my 50 yard line, 15th row extra seat. Face value I believe at the time was $100 or $110. That particular season it was not an anomaly for me to be not able to unload tickets when it was raining hard, if my friends and/or family bailed on me late.

I've sat through some absolutely horrendous football... and paid full price the entire time. I also paid for seat licenses when many season ticket holders weren't willing to do so. Hell, I paid $100+ per ticket per game for two years in Husky Stadium... that's a lot of money for a hard bench, and no cover.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am seeing a lot more Seahawk stuff on clearance at the stores.

Seahawks are going to find out what the Huskies already know, this town loves a winner but will drop you in a hot minute the moment you start losing.

So scalping your tickets to your fans you need to build loyalty with, at the same time people are starting to care less and less about the team?

Not a recipe for market growth.

It will probably balance out over time. I cancelled my season tickets a few years ago and I probably attend 4-5 games a year. I don't have a problem getting good seats at less than season tix would have cost me.

I like being in different parts of the stadium and seeing the games from different places anyway.

You used to be able to have to pay through the nose to get tickets to the better games, but not this year or last.

mikeak

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":2rd9q96d said:
The Seahawks and every other team started doing this last yr. It's called dynamic ticket prices. When you go to ticketmaster.com and you see tickets from varified seller tickets, it's from fans selling tickets. If you see standard tickets, it's from the Seahawks. Definition of dynamic tickets---teams hold back tickets and look at what the price of the ticket is going for on the secondary market and uses that price. It's definitely the teams doing it and not ticketmaster because ive seen it done through team box offices

100% correct

SeaChat

Reaction score
I sought out and bought 5 tickets in section 340 and paid well over $200 each for them, and was glad to get them at that price. I bought 2 simalar tickets last year and paid over $300 each. I saw SR tickets in section 339 going for $200 each at the Monday night Falcons game and paid it to get my oldest son into the game, it was all that was left in that price range.

Century Link is an expensive stadium as compared to many others. Bottom line is that it’s not inexpensive going to games at Century Link, preseason tickets are as much there as seasonal division game tickets are in most other stadiums. I love my Seahawks and will pay whatever they charge to go to at least one game a year there, which is something I’ve committed to do for myself. I’m not getting any younger, and being in the stands at Century Link brings me a lot of happiness, win or lose. I’ll take in as many games as I can afford to attend. You don’t see the Seahawks having any problems selling out their seats, I’m on a waiting list for a season ticket thinking by the time I retire one will surely come available.

The cost of tickets just are what they are. Whatever the market will bare will always dictate prices and keep in mind that It’s not cheap keeping a professional football team in the Pacific Northwest. I figure my ticket purchases, all the NFL Seahawk garb I buy for myself and every other Seahawk fan family member I have, my NFL TV Subscription’s, I.e. the NFL Season Ticket, the NFL Game Pass and so on are all my way of doing what I can to help foot that bill. As corny as it might sound or seem to a lot of folks, it’s why I enlisted in the Army, combat infantry as a pup, I figured some things in life had a price worth paying to preserve. Seahawks Football, mom, apple pie, freedom fries, and all that jazz lol.

I’d love to see cheap ticket prices in Seattle, only so I could afford to go to more games. However I don’t think it would be long before We started hearing rumblings about the Seahawks looking for a new home location and owner. I’ll pay the prices they ask, it’s a business that is intended to be profitable to its owners, and beneficial to its fan base, which the Seahawks are on both counts.

I remember folks standing out in front of the moving trucks not that many years ago, with the Seahawks packed up inside and headed for Anaheim, California, when Paul Allen and the people of the Pacific Northwest collectively said hell no! That we would do whatever it took to keep them in Seattle where they belong. So I won’t complain when it comes time to pay for my tickets, it seems like such a small contribution for all the happiness and satisfaction in life that the Seahawks team provides for me and my family. I guess when you put it in perspective the ticket prices don’t seem quite so outrageous after all.

Go Seahawks!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
My 1st pair of ST's were purchased in 1987. I paid face value for the last 30 years.
When The Clink opened in 2002 I bought my 2nd pair of ST's in another section and still own them.
I paid face for our 2-14 season in`92 plus face for every stinking preseason game for the last 3 decades.
In 2002, I was offered an opportunity for upgraded seats in the Charter Section. My cost for 2 PSLs? $4500.
If market demand means I can get more than I paid, then I should have that right. If I want to give them away for free, that is also my right.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":qeqhp1xf said:

I agree.
“Sea Pimp” guy has had his tickets since 1976. Weathered the storm.
He now gets about $500 to sit with him and the face value on his tickets are like $90 for FRONT ROW because he’s had them so long.