Injuries continue to devastate this team

adeltaY

Reaction score
When will it end? Just saw that Naz Jones is doubtful with an ankle. Dion Jordan still doubtful with a neck, but we knew that. Earl and Bobby on the report as questionable but they will probably play. Meanwhile, the Eagles are basically fully healthy :|

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was talking about this with a friend today. Being heathy is a huge part of success overall. It's obvious stuff, but this year is a perfect example of it. Look at Philly, the Rams etc. Teams that are very healthy overall. When the Hawks won 48, they stayed pretty healthy overall. Unfortunately, going in to 49, a bunch of guys played who likely shouldn't have been out there, but they had no choice, and they were going to play regardless. This year, we got devastated by injuries, and now we are just shooting for a playoff spot. Being a great team is one thing, but you really do need to be fortunate w/very few injuries.

Seymour

Reaction score
Then again there are teams like the Redskins that were down like 7 starters, and even some 3rd string olinemen that come to town and slap us in the face when we're at near full strength.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Seymour":1mjkewr2 said:
Then again there are teams like the Redskins that were down like 7 starters, and even some 3rd string olinemen that come to town and slap us in the face when we're at near full strength.

We were hardly near full strength but, yeah, that was an embarrassing loss to a team completely decimated by injuries.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, perfect example of why you can never assume a win or loss. Any given day a team can be knocked off.
Between Walsh missing 3, and the D pooping themselves at the end, they flat out gave that one away.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":xab6b0wl said:
When will it end? Just saw that Naz Jones is doubtful with an ankle. Dion Jordan still doubtful with a neck, but we knew that. Earl and Bobby on the report as questionable but they will probably play. Meanwhile, the Eagles are basically fully healthy :|

At this stage of the season all players have injuries or pain, especially the ones who started the season and have played 11 games. You may see some players who have just come up to start have a excellent showing. This is why I have a hard time figuring the spread. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy this game. If the Hawks pull a win out, that will be great for momentum. The possibilities of playing the Eagles again will be much greater. Gotta say it, "GO HAWKS"

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Football is a game, where at the core, the greatest attributes are the ability to inflict violence or endure it.

We talk about delivering 'hits' or 'playing through pain'.

With this as a backdrop, it is hard not to expect injuries. Injuries happen to every team in the league throughout the year.

And EVERY team loses key players here and there along the way. It is part of the process.

Yes, we lost some pivotal players due to injuries.

That isn't why we lost to the Redskins and we sure as hell didn't lose to the Titans for that reason. This team was on a downward slope before Sherman or Kam went down.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":2gi996yf said:
What key players have the Rams lost to long term injury?

Don't know and don't care at this point. Ask me in two weeks!

At this time of the season alot of injuries are going to happen. Nutrition plays BIG role on both sides.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
adeltaY":10v9i26a said:

The eagles are not healthy though. Lost their Pro bowl LT for the season, best special teams player, 3rd down back, and MLB for the season to name a few. Let’s not make excuses.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":27ez2wrm said:
That isn't why we lost to the Redskins and we sure as hell didn't lose to the Titans for that reason. This team was on a downward slope before Sherman or Kam went down.

I'd argue that the loss of a running game played a big role in those losses, and that did happen because of injury.

byau

Reaction score
Overall, I'm pretty sure a lot of teams would want our defense as is.

Secondary:
ET, all-pro
Bradley McDougal is at least can hold his own
Shaq Griffin is composed rookie
B-Maxwell has picked up quickly and should only get better
Justin Coleman: we're all pleased with him
Jeremy Lane: well, he has his good and bad games. No penalties last game which is good

Middle:
Bobby and KJ: all-pro, pro-bowl caliber that also have amazing chemistry

D-line:
Michael, Sheldon, Jarron, Frank Clark, plus a host of others doing well (too bad Dion is injured still)

Not 2013 SB defense, but how often you going to find 3 all-pro/pro-bowls in the secondary PLUS all the above?

On offense:
Russell Wilson. Need I say more?

I mean people calling Dak an MVP caliber QB, and I actually believed it. But let's look at something: he lost one of his three pro-bowl/all-pro lineman and a pro-bowl/all-pro running back and what happens? He isn't so MVP anymore

Russell has a front line with one all-pro/pro-bowl (Justin Britt), and just recently two. NO RUNNING GAME not even close to average. And he's putting up MVP Numbers

Add to that a pretty darn good receiving corps.

A lot of teams would like to have what the Seahawks have

Oh yeah, 113 out of 115 games, one score or less. And Russell who leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks.

Yes, hard to still get over the injuries because think of all this and then some without the injuries, but I'll still take the above roster with injuries over a lot of other teams.