Football Scenario

skater18000

Reaction score
If your team is losing by 9 to 11 points late in the 4th Q & you're driving to score points, would you try to kick the field goal asap or would you try to score a TD first?

Not sure where this post belongs, but the Seahawks seem to go for the Touchdown every time in this scenario.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Depends who your kicker is and where his psychy is...

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
I'm talking about as soon as you get into comfortable field goal range, spiking or bombing it to the endzone to stop the clock and kicking it right away. This way there's so much more time left in the event you get the ball back.

pmedic920

Reaction score
skater18000":3ltkmyd6 said:
I'm talking about as soon as you get into comfortable field goal range, spiking or bombing it to the endzone to stop the clock and kicking it right away. This way there's so much more time left in the event you get the ball back.

Too many variables come into play.
IMO, the worst thing a coach can do is, be set in stone, and always do the same thing in any given scenario.

But if your point is that Pete doesn’t seem to manage the clock well, I’d agree with that.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Imo if your down by 11 go for the TD. If you fail the 2pt conversion you still need another TD. 9 or 10 points I'd consider kicking the FG before 4th down considering the time and yardage needed.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Assuming you have a shot at 2 possessions, I would try to score a quick TD 1st. Sometimes the play is there and sometimes it isn't.
If it isn't there, kick a FG and on the next possession it is TD or go home a loser.