Hey Doom and Gloomers

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe it's not so nuts to think the Seahawks will beat the Eagles this Sunday. National poll of fans...What say ye?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,995

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Guess we'll just have to see the outcome Sunday to see what view is relevant. If I remember correctly, not going to name anyone but many thought last year was a shoe in loss to NE.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
If we play up to our potential, no worries. We haven't really been, and it's cost us two silly HOME games. I love our team either way, but how 'bout best foot forward on Sunday, k? We got this...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Time for us lifers to show up and represent.

Am quite sure the team will appreciate our ‘help’.

Bring the noise!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I don't see a win. I think team is older and injuries caught up. However I'm going to be cheering and watching no matter what. Just like the bad years.

Seymour

Reaction score
LOL almost a perfect split of the 30-40% chance of W that I predicted early this week. :2thumbs:

Not "great" odds, but we no doubt have a chance in this one.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I am certainly no fairweather fan. I've remained loyal to my Seahawks thru a lot of seasons where all we had left was hope, belief, and prayers. In many of our seasons that clearly wasn't enough. This is not one of those seasons however. We have made tremendous progress on both our Defense and our Offense and, as loony tunes as some will think I am in my perception of things as they are at present, the Seahawks have rarely been as posed for an unstoppable run for a Super Bowl Championship, as they are at this very moment.

Many will want to argue that with Kam, Sherman, and Cliff, out for the season, our defense can't possibly live up to the legion of booms level of play, I say we have been playing without Richard since last year, he admits himself, that he played with injuries thru the end of last season and all of this season, relying on his technique to carry him thru. Cliff and Kam's absence is not going to go unnoticed, the additions of McDougald, Richardson, Shaquill, and Maxwell, leave us with as good as we are with Kam, Cliff, and Sherm on the field. I'm not mentioning Lane intentionally, he has always been a weak link, in our defense, and the Seahawks would do well to avoid playing him whenever possible.

Our Offense has finally come full circle, and are suiting up with their big boy pants on the rest of the season, both in the run game and in our air game. With Luke Joeckal and Duane Brown making much needed gaps and lanes for our running backs, and consistently giving Russell the 3 seconds pass protection he needs, combined with his uncanny ability to scramble and make things happen where most other QBs cannot, the Seahawks are a genuine threat in both our running and passing games on every down.

The one factor We can't count on, and in doing so has cost us, what would likely have been wins had we gone with alternative play calls, and that is our Blair Walsh Project. We can trust that he will always fail us when we need him to succeed the most. If it doesn't matter, he can't miss. So I vote that if we are in a spot where we really need him to get it right, we just take our chances with fourth down conversion attempts provided we dont leave our opponents to good of a position on the field if we fail to convert, and go for 2 points instead of extra points, if it comes down to trusting Walsh to save the day.

With the exceptions of Lane and Walsh, I can still see our Seahawks taking the field in the 2018 Super Bowl. We beat the Eagles convincingly Sunday night.

Go Seahawks !

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Now THAT is what I am talking about! Nice positivity. And for all you reading NO I am not saying you are less of a fan if you don't agree or choose to be more critical, it's just nice to have these kinds of posts and mentality to combat the progressive cynicism that is prevalent on this board.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
If the Seahawks play a complete game, they will win. The Eagles are far from invincible, although they are a good team that is going to present match-up problems for us.

Complete game means... running the ball, no turnovers, forcing turnovers, getting stops on 3rd down, limit the stupid penalties.

Also, I wouldn't go as far as labeling fans who don't think we will win this game as "doom and gloomers." We are 7-4 and have played a weak schedule. We had a terrible home loss to a not so good Washington team, blew a chance against Atlanta, and are staring down an unimaginable third straight home loss in what used to be a massively intimidating stadium and homefield advantage.

We are without three of our defensive studs for the rest of the season and are facing a seriously uphill climb just to make the playoffs. A vicious Jacksonville defense, a powerful Rams offense and vastly improving defense, the Cowboys with Zeke back, and the Cardinals who have beaten us twice in a row at C Link await. It's perfectly understandable why fans are a little nervous right now. We have no run game and have to rely on the magic conjuring of Russell Wilson to move the ball at all.

Of course, Wilson alone makes us dangerous. :D

Jville

Reaction score
Yep ...... the most recent O-line thread has pretty much been trashed. :177692: No way I'll venture into that thread.

The cynics who have taken over the forum have purt-near run me off from dot net as a healthy go to resource for all things Seahawks. However, I couldn't help but log on one more time, if for no other reason than, to spite unrelenting negativity by posting a couple of forwarded tweets ....... [tweet]https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/936351997267185664[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/936614273798868992[/tweet]

Bon Appétit

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
pacific101":2bq7yj2u said:
I am certainly no fairweather fan. I've remained loyal to my Seahawks thru a lot of seasons where all we had left was hope, belief, and prayers. In many of our seasons that clearly wasn't enough. This is not one of those seasons however. We have made tremendous progress on both our Defense and our Offense and, as loony tunes as some will think I am in my perception of things as they are at present, the Seahawks have rarely been as posed for an unstoppable run for a Super Bowl Championship, as they are at this very moment.

Many will want to argue that with Kam, Sherman, and Cliff, out for the season, our defense can't possibly live up to the legion of booms level of play, I say we have been playing without Richard since last year, he admits himself, that he played with injuries thru the end of last season and all of this season, relying on his technique to carry him thru. Cliff and Kam's absence is not going to go unnoticed, the additions of McDougald, Richardson, Shaquill, and Maxwell, leave us with as good as we are with Kam, Cliff, and Sherm on the field. I'm not mentioning Lane intentionally, he has always been a weak link, in our defense, and the Seahawks would do well to avoid playing him whenever possible.

Our Offense has finally come full circle, and are suiting up with their big boy pants on the rest of the season, both in the run game and in our air game. With Luke Joeckal and Duane Brown making much needed gaps and lanes for our running backs, and consistently giving Russell the 3 seconds pass protection he needs, combined with his uncanny ability to scramble and make things happen where most other QBs cannot, the Seahawks are a genuine threat in both our running and passing games on every down.

The one factor We can't count on, and in doing so has cost us, what would likely have been wins had we gone with alternative play calls, and that is our Blair Walsh Project. We can trust that he will always fail us when we need him to succeed the most. If it doesn't matter, he can't miss. So I vote that if we are in a spot where we really need him to get it right, we just take our chances with fourth down conversion attempts provided we dont leave our opponents to good of a position on the field if we fail to convert, and go for 2 points instead of extra points, if it comes down to trusting Walsh to save the day.

With the exceptions of Lane and Walsh, I can still see our Seahawks taking the field in the 2018 Super Bowl. We beat the Eagles convincingly Sunday night.

Go Seahawks !
We would win every game if Russ threw within 3 seconds.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Anthony!

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":7zv2cyik said:
pacific101":7zv2cyik said:

Go Seahawks !

NO, we would not because that would mean a lot of throwaways because no one was open LOL

Seymour

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":25a5ogob said:

Guess again....

[youtube]hw9Po9eh4M8[/youtube]

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":1fmq0b7s said:
LOL almost a perfect split of the 30-40% chance of W that I predicted early this week. :2thumbs:

Not "great" odds, but we no doubt have a chance in this one.

Look at the poll question more carefully: "Which team's win streak will end this week?" 37% of people picking the Eagles as the most likely of the four teams to be upset has nothing to do with the odds of the Seahawks beating the Eagles. It could be higher or lower than 37%.

Atlanta is actually favored to beat Minnesota; yet 7% more people, in the OP's poll, think the Seahawks are more likely to upset the Eagles. FiveThirtyEight has the actual odds for the Eagles/Seahawks game split at 52-48.

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. Just saying.

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Clayton: "Carson Wentz has a 50% completion rate in road games."

Heard it on a podcast. I think Philadelphia players are going to be nervous after traveling across country, remember last year, looking at the weather and the fans, then when they see the Seahawks come out on the field...

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I’d feel much better about the win if we didn’t have a shaky-ass kicker. He has to be sent packing if he blows it again in this game.

Latest posts