Interesting tweet about our home record against good teams

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/937273261213306880[/tweet]

I'd like to think of this Eagles game the same as the 2013 Saints game. New Orleans was red-hot, while Seattle's previous two wins had come against decidedly unimpressive teams (Atlanta and Minnesota were bad that year). The "realists" were leery of our near-losses to Tampa and Tennessee and expected Brees to "expose" Seattle as the "pretender they really were".

The opposite happened.

That was a better Seattle team, of course, by any measure. But I still have hope for today.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Wentz is going to get hit harder by Bennett than he's ever been hit before. Wentz is going to be playing in the dark and cold at CLINK.

Philly hasn't played a single top ten defense this season.

Seattle put up 31 points on the 10th ranked defense two weeks ago and still lost, you don't want to play against a hungry Seahawks team. Wilson will find a way to put points up if the defense does their job this is a W.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3af7qnka said:
Wentz is going to get hit harder by Bennett than he's ever been hit before. Wentz is going to be playing in the dark and cold at CLINK.

Seattle put up 31 points on the 10th ranked defense two weeks ago and still lost, you don't want to play against a hungry Seahawks team. Wilson will find a way to put points up if the defense does their job this is a W.

Bennett has not hit anyone hard all year. He is finished.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
northseahawk":18eb9oxa said:
Sox-n-Hawks":18eb9oxa said:

You realize he has 7.5 sacks and has been responsible for -51yds tackled for a loss right? He is also our leading tackler on the D-Line. In fact, he's only finished 3 seasons with more sacks than he has right now, with 5 games left to play. Far from being finished.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
northseahawk":3patrwnv said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3patrwnv said:

He's got 7.5 sacks this year in 11 games, dude. He's on track to break his single-season record.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2gfka2sr said:
northseahawk":2gfka2sr said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2gfka2sr said:

He's got 7.5 sacks this year in 11 games, dude. He's on track to break his single-season record.

Bingo! Go Bennett! I hope he goes off and breaks his single season record tonight.

AgentDib

Reaction score
northseahawk":3fa7sbd7 said:
Bennett has averaged 7.6 sacks per year and 26.5 tackles per year over his previous four years with the Hawks.

This season in 11 games he has 7.5 sacks and 21 tackles while playing through an injury and is on pace to set a career best in sacks.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":tp5000el said:

I'd like to think of this Eagles game the same as the 2013 Saints game. New Orleans was red-hot, while Seattle's previous two wins had come against decidedly unimpressive teams (Atlanta and Minnesota were bad that year). The "realists" were leery of our near-losses to Tampa and Tennessee and expected Brees to "expose" Seattle as the "pretender they really were".

The opposite happened.

That was a better Seattle team, of course, by any measure. But I still have hope for today.

Great stat. Absolutely underscores the point I made in Aros's prediction thread.

And I just want to remind people ... that in 2010 the 7-9 Seahawks faced a Saints team in the 1st round of the playoffs that came in with a 13-3 record. The Hawks weren't even given a prayer by the experts.
Seahawks 41 ... Saints 36. I'm just saying...

adeltaY

Reaction score
Bennett is having a quieter season, but it's quietly good. Still, I don't see him getting by Lane Johnson or either of the Philly guards in pass rush situations. Might have some success against Big V.

This Eagles team is MUCH better than the Saints team that came to the Clink in 2013 and our team was also much better and healthier.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
adeltaY":2brl22gu said:
Bennett is having a quieter season, but it's quietly good. Still, I don't see him getting by Lane Johnson or either of the Philly guards in pass rush situations. Might have some success against Big V.

This Eagles team is MUCH better than the Saints team that came to the Clink in 2013 and our team was also much better and healthier.

You might be right, but he's going to break that read option B.S. in half.

NINEster

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2pqitgtp said:

The opposite happened.

Saints 2013.
49ers 2012.

Who was the third team, and what year?

sutz

Reaction score
I hate posts like this. Seems like every time somebody points out something that hasn't happened in a while, it happens.

:34853_doh:

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sutz":30r8aseh said:
I hate posts like this. Seems like every time somebody points out something that hasn't happened in a while, it happens.

:34853_doh:

Don't worry. Responses like yours act as a nice anti-jinx.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":gun8xec4 said:
northseahawk":gun8xec4 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":gun8xec4 said:

You realize he has 7.5 sacks and has been responsible for -51yds tackled for a loss right? He is also our leading tackler on the D-Line. In fact, he's only finished 3 seasons with more sacks than he has right now, with 5 games left to play. Far from being finished.

Bennett is still a beast even though he's playing through pain. I expect a big game from him tonight.

Edit: by staff for unnecessary political comment.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
A-dog. Huh? I didn't say anything against Bennett. He's going to go full HAM!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2j3ymei4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/937427964307763200[/tweet]
This is very comforting news. After all the coverage of this game, both professional media and social media, I feel much better about this game.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ninester, the other game is @AZ in 2014. It gets the Lindley asterisk, but it was a dominant performance nonetheless with Beastquake 2.0.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Lets not forget Wentz had a 25.7 passer rating and went 23/45 against Seattle last year. With 2INTs.