Thank you Mike Davis

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
For being a competent RB. It's nice to see someone not named Russ, make plays from the backfield finally.

evergreen

Reaction score
I called him a real running back tonight. About friggin time.

IrishNW

Reaction score
toffee":z2b6r6y4 said:
A little sad that a cast off from a 2-10 team is our best RB.

where you come from does not matter dude. Davis is playing hard

SlickRick

Reaction score
Davis is good enough to get it done, I hope he's our featured back the rest of the way

flmmkrz

Reaction score
loved what I saw out of him. He found holes, he took what he could get when he had to, he made guys miss, caught balls, just an all around good game out of him.

Seymour

Reaction score
Lets all pray he stays healthy. I also think the oline played better than I would have expected. They gave up some pressures and a couple of sacks but against that D they did well IMO. They keep that up, and get Carson back and we could make a run at the best. :2thumbs:

ducks41468

Reaction score
His biggest value is catching balls out of the backfield. To be honest he didn't have many good runs and the o-line still wasn't opening up holes. The only run I remember that was longer than 3-4 yards was that awesome 20 yarder where he avoided the three tackles, and his running yardage was also boosted by the yards from the lateral. Still way better than Lacy though

Seanhawk

Reaction score
A competent RB looks like a star when you look at the other dudes. I mean, Lacy had one carry for 3 yards. On that carry he had already conceded the play for one a yard loss or no gain, then out of nowhere, an Eagle defender tackled him forward for three yards.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Run blocking is terrible which is why he averaged 2.5 ypc, but he did have big run which is better than anyone else could muster other than Carson and he makes big plays cstching out of the backfield.

Im happy.

Josea16

Reaction score
He did just enough for Russ to do his thing. If Carson actually gets back we might be looking at a historical run. We are dangerous and solid currently bordering on "you don't want to play us real quick.

Smellyman

Reaction score
To be fair, all the running backs are competent, but the line is not.

See Collins in Baltimore.

toffee

Reaction score
IrishNW":6udncdsr said:
toffee":6udncdsr said:

True, but our off-season RB talent evaluation was so so ... we went after Lacy, kept Rawls, and let Collins go,

Ruminator

Reaction score
What I learned about Davis tonight is that he has great awareness. Russell seems to have more success moving the offense when paired with a RB having above-average awareness. Improvisation is more difficult when the RB operates in a kind of a tunnel vision of just 2 or 3 limited possibilities per play. Davis seems always ready for anything. Reminiscent of Lynch. Such an awareness in a RB bodes well.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
toffee":1dlmt888 said:
IrishNW":1dlmt888 said:
toffee":1dlmt888 said:

True, but our off-season RB talent evaluation was so so ... we went after Lacy, kept Rawls, and let Collins go,
In other words, only slightly better than the fans who had Collins cut in his rookie season.

sutz

Reaction score
IrishNW":2mo9vy22 said:
toffee":2mo9vy22 said:

IIRC, Buffalo wasn't doing that well when we grabbed Lynch from them. ;)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
What really gives this weight is that Davis' being a legitimate RB gives us the ability to bring Carson back into the mix at a decent pace. I'm still of the mind that Carson is the guy going forward, but Davis lends us another guy, which is the only guy right now. Hopefully, in 3 weeks, we are a much more balanced offense with a 1-2 at RB and can just play Seahawks football. What Wilson is doing lately is obviously great, but you can never just put everything on one guy. The defense seems to be filling in well and ST might be getting some consistency except for the K game probably. Outside of that, if we get get that other facet of the offense going then we only better our chances.