Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Thank you Mike Davis

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Thank you Mike Davis
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 pm
  • For being a competent RB. It's nice to see someone not named Russ, make plays from the backfield finally.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Re: Thank you Mike Davis
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:01 pm
  • :irishdrinkers:
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:03 pm
  • I called him a real running back tonight. About friggin time.
    evergreen
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:26 pm
  • A little sad that a cast off from a 2-10 team is our best RB.
    toffee
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:27 pm
  • toffee wrote:A little sad that a cast off from a 2-10 team is our best RB.

where you come from does not matter dude. Davis is playing hard
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:27 pm
  • Davis is good enough to get it done, I hope he's our featured back the rest of the way
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 pm
  • loved what I saw out of him. He found holes, he took what he could get when he had to, he made guys miss, caught balls, just an all around good game out of him.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:32 pm
  • Lets all pray he stays healthy. I also think the oline played better than I would have expected. They gave up some pressures and a couple of sacks but against that D they did well IMO. They keep that up, and get Carson back and we could make a run at the best. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:32 pm
  • His biggest value is catching balls out of the backfield. To be honest he didn't have many good runs and the o-line still wasn't opening up holes. The only run I remember that was longer than 3-4 yards was that awesome 20 yarder where he avoided the three tackles, and his running yardage was also boosted by the yards from the lateral. Still way better than Lacy though
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:33 pm
  • A competent RB looks like a star when you look at the other dudes. I mean, Lacy had one carry for 3 yards. On that carry he had already conceded the play for one a yard loss or no gain, then out of nowhere, an Eagle defender tackled him forward for three yards.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:33 pm
  • Damn shtraight :ditto:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:35 pm
  • Run blocking is terrible which is why he averaged 2.5 ypc, but he did have big run which is better than anyone else could muster other than Carson and he makes big plays cstching out of the backfield.

Im happy.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:38 pm
  • He did just enough for Russ to do his thing. If Carson actually gets back we might be looking at a historical run. We are dangerous and solid currently bordering on "you don't want to play us real quick.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 pm
  • To be fair, all the running backs are competent, but the line is not.

See Collins in Baltimore.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 pm
  • IrishNW wrote:
    toffee wrote:A little sad that a cast off from a 2-10 team is our best RB.

True, but our off-season RB talent evaluation was so so ... we went after Lacy, kept Rawls, and let Collins go,
    toffee
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:52 pm
  • What I learned about Davis tonight is that he has great awareness. Russell seems to have more success moving the offense when paired with a RB having above-average awareness. Improvisation is more difficult when the RB operates in a kind of a tunnel vision of just 2 or 3 limited possibilities per play. Davis seems always ready for anything. Reminiscent of Lynch. Such an awareness in a RB bodes well.
    F E E L I N G L I K E 2 0 1 3 A L L O V E R A G A I N !
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:53 pm
  • toffee wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:

True, but our off-season RB talent evaluation was so so ... we went after Lacy, kept Rawls, and let Collins go,

In other words, only slightly better than the fans who had Collins cut in his rookie season.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:58 pm
  • Dilly Dilly!!
    Barakas
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:01 pm
  • IrishNW wrote:

IIRC, Buffalo wasn't doing that well when we grabbed Lynch from them. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:54 pm
  • What really gives this weight is that Davis' being a legitimate RB gives us the ability to bring Carson back into the mix at a decent pace. I'm still of the mind that Carson is the guy going forward, but Davis lends us another guy, which is the only guy right now. Hopefully, in 3 weeks, we are a much more balanced offense with a 1-2 at RB and can just play Seahawks football. What Wilson is doing lately is obviously great, but you can never just put everything on one guy. The defense seems to be filling in well and ST might be getting some consistency except for the K game probably. Outside of that, if we get get that other facet of the offense going then we only better our chances.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 am
  • ducks41468 wrote:His biggest value is catching balls out of the backfield. To be honest he didn't have many good runs and the o-line still wasn't opening up holes. The only run I remember that was longer than 3-4 yards was that awesome 20 yarder where he avoided the three tackles, and his running yardage was also boosted by the yards from the lateral. Still way better than Lacy though

Doesn't need to be great. Just needs to have good enough vision to max out potential yardage on a play whether it's 1 yard or 15.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:09 am
  • OrangeGravy wrote:
    ducks41468 wrote:His biggest value is catching balls out of the backfield. To be honest he didn't have many good runs and the o-line still wasn't opening up holes. The only run I remember that was longer than 3-4 yards was that awesome 20 yarder where he avoided the three tackles, and his running yardage was also boosted by the yards from the lateral. Still way better than Lacy though

Doesn't need to be great. Just needs to have good enough vision to max out potential yardage on a play whether it's 1 yard or 15.

Yep. Also got Carson coming back real soon too.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:02 am
  • Davis had 101 combined rushing (64) and receiving (37) yards.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:04 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:A competent RB looks like a star when you look at the other dudes. I mean, Lacy had one carry for 3 yards. On that carry he had already conceded the play for one a yard loss or no gain, then out of nowhere, an Eagle defender tackled him forward for three yards.

Lacy is a joke. Least Mode.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:44 am
  • toffee wrote:A little sad that a cast off from a 2-10 team is our best RB.

Was 2-14 actually. Don't be so kind!
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:34 am
  • God dammit i knew we were gonna regret letting this guy go. He flashed so much in preseason but he never really got a chance. You guys got a good one.
    SF49r
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:34 am

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:34 am
  • Smart kid too. You could see Russell and Doug in his ear and the kid listened to them, understood them, and made key adjustments. In one of his post games Russell mentioned the kids alertness and understanding of spacing on the lateral play. That first down was huge and despite lack of experience he read the improvision and was exactly where he was needed.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 am
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:A competent RB looks like a star when you look at the other dudes. I mean, Lacy had one carry for 3 yards. On that carry he had already conceded the play for one a yard loss or no gain, then out of nowhere, an Eagle defender tackled him forward for three yards.

Feast mode? I still think Lacy could be good if we had a bit more of a line push and some one hypnotized him to believe there are free cheeseburgers in the endzone.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:38 am
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Run blocking is terrible which is why he averaged 2.5 ypc, but he did have big run which is better than anyone else could muster other than Carson and he makes big plays cstching out of the backfield.

Im happy.

The fact that the Eagles are the number one rush defense, allowing 65 yds per game, has something to do with that as well. I think Carson and now Davis have shown that the O line is taking a little too much blame for running woes.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:56 am
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:Run blocking is terrible which is why he averaged 2.5 ypc, but he did have big run which is better than anyone else could muster other than Carson and he makes big plays cstching out of the backfield.

Im happy.

The fact that the Eagles are the number one rush defense, allowing 65 yds per game, has something to do with that as well. I think Carson and now Davis have shown that the O line is taking a little too much blame for running woes.

Actually I mathed wrong on that. Davis had 4.0 YPC not 2.5.

Yes I agree that the OL takes a little to much blame but they still arent good. Rawls tries to create new holes instead of hitting the one in front of him. Lacy is just plain slow and really has no power for such a big guy, he's easily the worst fit for our poor run blocking. Davis and Carson have been able to hit the few holes they are given and then create afterwards.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:53 am
  • Competency at running, flashes at catching. Not much more you can ask for right now.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:55 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    OrangeGravy wrote:
    ducks41468 wrote:His biggest value is catching balls out of the backfield. To be honest he didn't have many good runs and the o-line still wasn't opening up holes. The only run I remember that was longer than 3-4 yards was that awesome 20 yarder where he avoided the three tackles, and his running yardage was also boosted by the yards from the lateral. Still way better than Lacy though

Lets be realistic. Even if Carson comes back this year (unlikely) he will not be anywhere close to himself. It is going to take months for that. Coming back from a broken bone is a process. It actually take 12-16 weeks for the bone to FULLY heal not to mention the atrophy that takes place during the healing process. If he had any normal job I'd tend to believe he'd be back. NFL running back...not so much.
    HawkerD
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:39 am
  • Was watching post game interviews. Davis is a hungry and humble practice squad guy. I think he has great potential. Reminds me of when Christine Michael came back after getting cut by Dallas. He was hungry. Unfortunately he was also not too bright. Davis is a savvy player. Blocks, catches passes and can make people miss if given a bit of room.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am
  • I really hope that Chris Carson comes back this season because I would like to think that Carson, Davis and McKissic(sp) will be more effective than what we have had. I did notice on the single play I saw Rawls in on he did seem to just be decisive and shoot through for that 3-4 yard gain. if he can settle down and do that regularly we have reason to be more excited.
    niveky
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:36 am
  • For a moment last night I allowed my mind to wander to a rotation of Davis and Carson, who both can run, catch and block with physicality.

Also means we can finally get rid of the dumpster fire combo that is Rawls and Lacy.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:42 am
  • HawkerD wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    OrangeGravy wrote:

Lets be realistic. Even if Carson comes back this year (unlikely) he will not be anywhere close to himself. It is going to take months for that. Coming back from a broken bone is a process. It actually take 12-16 weeks for the bone to FULLY heal not to mention the atrophy that takes place during the healing process. If he had any normal job I'd tend to believe he'd be back. NFL running back...not so much.

“He’s unbelievably ahead of schedule,” Carroll continued. “I watched him run last week and he was flying in his first real day of changing direction when they cut him loose. You couldn’t tell that he wasn’t fine.”

So what exactly will it take to get the running back ready for the end of the regular season?

“He just has to show that he is back to full speed and can do it and get on the practice field and away we go.”

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/04/rb-chris-carson-likely-back-for-seahawks-final-games-of-regular-season/
    Last edited by DJrmb on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:46 am
  • Don't everyone forget about our prize "ace in the hole"....CJ Prosise. He is due back late in the year also.

In fact, I can hear his chopper approaching now.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 am
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:A competent RB looks like a star when you look at the other dudes. I mean, Lacy had one carry for 3 yards. On that carry he had already conceded the play for one a yard loss or no gain, then out of nowhere, an Eagle defender tackled him forward for three yards.

Feast Mode
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:57 am
  • ivotuk wrote:
    PlinytheCenter wrote:

Feast Mode

I don't want to make fat jokes, but Lacy looks bigger than ever. It's too bad as I truly think if he was 20 pounds lighter he'd be a good RB. As it is he's probably made enough money that he's not motivated.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:19 pm
  • HawkerD wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    OrangeGravy wrote:

Carroll said today he will be back, that he is running, cutting full speed. Said he is way ahead of schedule. It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest he can't be himself. There is no set timeframe for broken bones, everyone heals differently.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:01 pm

• We need another solid game from Mike Davis against a Jacksonville defense that has been susceptible to big backs like him.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information