Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

We need to re-sign McDougald ASAP

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:00 pm
  • Played lights out tonight. Only 27. With Kam’s future in doubt, we need to get this done.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Re: We need to re-sign McDougald ASAP
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:00 pm
  • Yes, extend him now.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:01 pm
  • Shaq is going to replace Sherman, and McDougald is the real deal I said it when we signed him he is a beast. If I'm not mistaken he intercepted Wilson 3 times in there game against the bucs last year

Chancellor is no longer missed imo we found are new guy
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:03 pm
  • I don't think we resign him. Believe me, I'd want the team too but I think they let him walk and move forward with Hill.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:40 pm
  • Yes. Sign him.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:55 pm
  • Yes re-sign at a fair deal. I would like Coleman to stay as well. Resigning McDougald doesn't necessarily hinder Hill's progression either. McDougald has played multiple positions for us at a high level. I believe he can play CB as well. He can fit somewhere.

McDougald had 12 tackles last night along with 2 pass deflections. That is incredible.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:17 pm
  • Hes very good
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:22 pm
  • No cap space to sign him this year.
    BullHawk33
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm
  • SlickRick wrote:Shaq is going to replace Sherman, and McDougald is the real deal I said it when we signed him he is a beast. If I'm not mistaken he intercepted Wilson 3 times in there game against the bucs last year

Premature to say re: Chancellor. He did it at a high level for a long time. Mcdougald has had one good game for us.

In any case, Chancellor is still on the books with a monster contract. Tying up more at SS seems crazy, when we have other big questions like what to do with Graham, Clark, Richardson, Brown and to a lesser extent Richardson. I’m not a cap pro, but I know you can’t keep everybody.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:37 pm
  • A-Dog wrote:Played lights out tonight. Only 27. With Kam’s future in doubt, we need to get this done.

Might want to pump the brakes on the contract. He's just 2 years younger than Kam.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:53 pm
  • Nice thing about McDougald is he can play both safety positions, I think he'll be a priority regardless of what Kams future is.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm
  • Agreed - he stepped up last night for sure. There were a couple of plays where Kam would have been more effective, but some coaching up and more starting experience with our philosophy and he's a great replacement for Kam.

Same with Shaq - he may not be the next Sherman, but he's really shown he's got the chops to play in the NFL...dumb mistakes like not touching the downed player, etc will go away with experience.
    boykster
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 pm
  • We have no space to sign him now, and if he continues to play like he did last night there will be no way hawks can afford him.

If that happens, oh well, a fantastic 1 year signing and would wish him well.

Not that I don't want him on the team, just may not be feasible fiscally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    scrummymustard
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 pm
  • SlickRick wrote:Shaq is going to replace Sherman, and McDougald is the real deal I said it when we signed him he is a beast. If I'm not mistaken he intercepted Wilson 3 times in there game against the bucs last year

Dirty hit to the head last night. Embarrassing.

In contrast, Chancellor plays cleanly, to the limits of the rules. Not embarrassing.

I hate to see the Seahawks descend to the level of the Al Davis Raiders who coached their DBs to use clothesline tackles, and, doing exactly that, they broke Daryl Stingley's neck, paralyzing him for life. That was, and remains, really embarrassing.

Where do you draw the line?

That said, I think McDougald is a good player, but I want him playing within the rules, so that I can be proud of the Seahawks.
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:56 pm
  • Could not agree more OP. This is the caliber of player you KEEP.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 pm
  • I have been told we might have as many as twenty new faces next year, so many new things are possible.
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 pm
  • netskier wrote:
    SlickRick wrote:Shaq is going to replace Sherman, and McDougald is the real deal I said it when we signed him he is a beast. If I'm not mistaken he intercepted Wilson 3 times in there game against the bucs last year

Dirty hit to the head last night. Embarrassing.

In contrast, Chancellor plays cleanly, to the limits of the rules. Not embarrassing.

I hate to see the Seahawks descend to the level of the Al Davis Raiders who coached their DBs to use clothesline tackles, and, doing exactly that, they broke Daryl Stingley's neck, paralyzing him for life. That was, and remains, really embarrassing.

Where do you draw the line?

That said, I think McDougald is a good player, but I want him playing within the rules, so that I can be proud of the Seahawks.

Uhhh what? He shouldn't have hit Wentz but I don't think it was a malicious play at all. You could argue Sherman's hit on Mariota was worse this year. Just a mistake by him and he was flagged accordingly. No pattern of dirty play by McDougald.

Also, McDougald had one pick of Russ that game, Russ only threw two. I think Alterraun Verner had the other.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:25 am
  • While I do like his play, Kam just resigned. If he is able to come back, I'm not sure where McDougal fits in. We also just drafted Hill in the 3rd.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:59 am
  • I think a lot of it depends on the perceived progression of Hill and Thompson.

I haven't seen enough of either yet to know what we truly have in them.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:13 am
  • Would love to see him come back, but I suspect he will be allowed to test the FA market first. He may have played well enough for some other team to offer him a raise. The league is changing a bit in how it values the position of safety.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:31 am
  • To be clear, I do not want Kam replaced. If he is healthy, that's the best news I could possibly hear going in to next year.

But McDougald has shown his value, and he can back up both positions and play the big nickel. Of course it will come down to cost, as well as what the team thinks of Hill. We haven't seen Hill yet, which is normal for safeties in our system, but I'm sure the coaches have some idea of his potential based on practices.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 am
  • Subzero717 wrote:While I do like his play, Kam just resigned. If he is able to come back, I'm not sure where McDougal fits in. We also just drafted Hill in the 3rd.

Someone gets it.

Signing all these bubble players is what put us in the position to having no oline to begin with.

We invested in Hill and need to see that through.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:03 pm
  • McDougal was a starter in Tampa Bay, came here because of a connection to Bennett I think and wanting to win, if he hits the market he will be able to demand starter salary again since he has not shown anything but upside.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information