We need to re-sign McDougald ASAP

A-Dog

Reaction score
Played lights out tonight. Only 27. With Kam’s future in doubt, we need to get this done.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Shaq is going to replace Sherman, and McDougald is the real deal I said it when we signed him he is a beast. If I'm not mistaken he intercepted Wilson 3 times in there game against the bucs last year

Chancellor is no longer missed imo we found are new guy

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I don't think we resign him. Believe me, I'd want the team too but I think they let him walk and move forward with Hill.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yes re-sign at a fair deal. I would like Coleman to stay as well. Resigning McDougald doesn't necessarily hinder Hill's progression either. McDougald has played multiple positions for us at a high level. I believe he can play CB as well. He can fit somewhere.

McDougald had 12 tackles last night along with 2 pass deflections. That is incredible.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
SlickRick":1p0cafpp said:
Shaq is going to replace Sherman, and McDougald is the real deal I said it when we signed him he is a beast. If I'm not mistaken he intercepted Wilson 3 times in there game against the bucs last year

Premature to say re: Chancellor. He did it at a high level for a long time. Mcdougald has had one good game for us.

In any case, Chancellor is still on the books with a monster contract. Tying up more at SS seems crazy, when we have other big questions like what to do with Graham, Clark, Richardson, Brown and to a lesser extent Richardson. I’m not a cap pro, but I know you can’t keep everybody.

Seymour

Reaction score
A-Dog":5boclo7f said:
Played lights out tonight. Only 27. With Kam’s future in doubt, we need to get this done.

Might want to pump the brakes on the contract. He's just 2 years younger than Kam.

getnasty

Reaction score
Nice thing about McDougald is he can play both safety positions, I think he'll be a priority regardless of what Kams future is.

boykster

Reaction score
Agreed - he stepped up last night for sure. There were a couple of plays where Kam would have been more effective, but some coaching up and more starting experience with our philosophy and he's a great replacement for Kam.

Same with Shaq - he may not be the next Sherman, but he's really shown he's got the chops to play in the NFL...dumb mistakes like not touching the downed player, etc will go away with experience.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
We have no space to sign him now, and if he continues to play like he did last night there will be no way hawks can afford him.

If that happens, oh well, a fantastic 1 year signing and would wish him well.

Not that I don't want him on the team, just may not be feasible fiscally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

netskier

Reaction score
SlickRick":zjjgoj8l said:

Dirty hit to the head last night. Embarrassing.

In contrast, Chancellor plays cleanly, to the limits of the rules. Not embarrassing.

I hate to see the Seahawks descend to the level of the Al Davis Raiders who coached their DBs to use clothesline tackles, and, doing exactly that, they broke Daryl Stingley's neck, paralyzing him for life. That was, and remains, really embarrassing.

Where do you draw the line?

That said, I think McDougald is a good player, but I want him playing within the rules, so that I can be proud of the Seahawks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Could not agree more OP. This is the caliber of player you KEEP.

netskier

Reaction score
I have been told we might have as many as twenty new faces next year, so many new things are possible.

adeltaY

Reaction score
netskier":azknhpv1 said:
SlickRick":azknhpv1 said:

Dirty hit to the head last night. Embarrassing.

In contrast, Chancellor plays cleanly, to the limits of the rules. Not embarrassing.

I hate to see the Seahawks descend to the level of the Al Davis Raiders who coached their DBs to use clothesline tackles, and, doing exactly that, they broke Daryl Stingley's neck, paralyzing him for life. That was, and remains, really embarrassing.

Where do you draw the line?

That said, I think McDougald is a good player, but I want him playing within the rules, so that I can be proud of the Seahawks.

Uhhh what? He shouldn't have hit Wentz but I don't think it was a malicious play at all. You could argue Sherman's hit on Mariota was worse this year. Just a mistake by him and he was flagged accordingly. No pattern of dirty play by McDougald.

Also, McDougald had one pick of Russ that game, Russ only threw two. I think Alterraun Verner had the other.

Subzero717

Reaction score
While I do like his play, Kam just resigned. If he is able to come back, I'm not sure where McDougal fits in. We also just drafted Hill in the 3rd.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I think a lot of it depends on the perceived progression of Hill and Thompson.

I haven't seen enough of either yet to know what we truly have in them.

sutz

Reaction score
Would love to see him come back, but I suspect he will be allowed to test the FA market first. He may have played well enough for some other team to offer him a raise. The league is changing a bit in how it values the position of safety.