Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Coaching did great tonight.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Coaching did great tonight.
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:11 pm
  • Was worried that Philly would make adjustments at half, and they did but this team held their ground. Overall good job tonight against another on fire coaching staff and players. So, really hope this can be a cornerstone and pushed forward.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3710
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:31 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:Was worried that Philly would make adjustments at half, and they did but this team held their ground. Overall good job tonight against another on fire coaching staff and players. So, really hope this can be a cornerstone and pushed forward.


    I liked the fact that the Hawks did not take a time out right before the half. This pushed the Eagles into panic mode. It worked. I do question Cable and his coaching every game though.
    User avatar
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1014
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 pm
  • In particular, I'll give credit to Bevell since he gets most of the hate (both justified and not). Given the team's strengths and weaknesses, I thought the percentage of run plays felt about right (it's annoying to have to use a pass play to get one yard on 3 tries, but can't say I disagreed with it), I liked the usage of multi-tight-end sets, and the red-zone plays were well called.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 73
    Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 pm
  • In the gameday forum I actually started a thread to give bevel his due for a non-stinky game plan for a change. I even allowed as how that if he keeps this up I might start using the second 'L' in his name.
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6066
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:06 pm
  • I think this is the first game where we outcoached the opponent from start to finish, no? Aside from some third and long breakdowns (as is tradition) and incredible Wentz plays, the coaching was superb.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 884
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:07 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:In the gameday forum I actually started a thread to give bevel his due for a non-stinky game plan for a change. I even allowed as how that if he keeps this up I might start using the second 'L' in his name.


    Yeah, but in the in the end an honest fan wants the best right. This is a credit to the team as a whole and should be used as a bench mark. Nothing less should be acceptable. Their was a point in the game where I was so happy with how the team was competing overall that I didn't care if we lost. Just a little bit though because if we didn't win it would have meant nothing, especially at this point in the season.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3710
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:08 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:I think this is the first game where we outcoached the opponent from start to finish, no? Aside from some third and long breakdowns (as is tradition) and incredible Wentz plays, the coaching was superb.


    Agreed.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3710
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:06 am
  • I can't complain at all tonight. It was solid coaching from bev to Kris to Pete.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 516
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:20 am
  • They need to be like they were tonight from here on out.

    The gameplanning was good, it was aggressive for the most part, and they didn’t wait around “to feel out” what the other team was going to do, which is usually the status quo with this bunch. They dictated instead of being dictated to.

    They got away with a couple of boner calls, the 3rd and 10 draw play, and the 2 bubblescreens, which are both the 2 worst playcalls in football under normal circumstance, but were generally solid.

    On defense, outside of a few big gainers where they were caught playing a softzone, they did very well.
    Holding Philly to 10 points is outstanding! Loved the corner blitz sack by Coleman.

    The coaching staff needs to stay aggressive on both sides of the ball. This team plays better when they are!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23279
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:45 am
  • Coaching was very good and the players were clearly hungry and ready to make a statement of their own. I hope that this intensity stays and this is the turning of the corner for us.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1134
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:55 am
  • We're in that part of the season that Pete starts unleashing what he has been holding back.

    It's not how you start... :2thumbs:
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3913
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:58 am
  • Bevell had his best game of the year.

    Eagle's came out in man to man press cover, so he called all those slants and misdirection rub routes, and Russell and the WR's executed perfectly.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12441
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:28 am
  • I agree with the sediment of this thread. I will try to give Cable and Bevell the week off for the improved results. No promises though. :twisted:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3145
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am
  • Seymour wrote:I agree with the sediment of this thread. I will try to give Cable and Bevell the week off for the improved results. No promises though. :twisted:


    Still want Carroll fired? :stirthepot:
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1077
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 am
  • hawknation2017 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I agree with the sediment of this thread. I will try to give Cable and Bevell the week off for the improved results. No promises though. :twisted:


    Still want Carroll fired? :stirthepot:


    I never did "want it". Calling for it is not necessarily the same. If you pull the plug on a loved one suffering, do you "want them dead"?
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3145
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:51 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I agree with the sediment of this thread. I will try to give Cable and Bevell the week off for the improved results. No promises though. :twisted:


    Still want Carroll fired? :stirthepot:


    I never did "want it". Calling for it is not necessarily the same. If you pull the plug on a loved one suffering, do you "want them dead"?


    Your backpedal is fine, but your hips are really stiff through the change of direction.
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1599
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:58 am
  • FlyHawksFly wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I agree with the sediment of this thread. I will try to give Cable and Bevell the week off for the improved results. No promises though. :twisted:


    Still want Carroll fired? :stirthepot:


    I never did "want it". Calling for it is not necessarily the same. If you pull the plug on a loved one suffering, do you "want them dead"?


    Your backpedal is fine, but your hips are really stiff through the change of direction.


    Back off. I've stated several times the only reason I thought Carroll should go is because of his allegiance to Cable and he would not fire him and couldn't. I also said I preferred to fire Cable and keep Carroll. 1 game doesn't change that. A superbowl W would not change that or Cable either. :roll:

    The local shit stirrers just remember what they want to.

    http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142440&start=100#p2112983
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3145
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:19 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawknation2017 wrote:
    Still want Carroll fired? :stirthepot:


    I never did "want it". Calling for it is not necessarily the same. If you pull the plug on a loved one suffering, do you "want them dead"?


    Your backpedal is fine, but your hips are really stiff through the change of direction.


    Back off. I've stated several times the only reason I thought Carroll should go is because of his allegiance to Cable and he would not fire him and couldn't. I also said I preferred to fire Cable and keep Carroll. 1 game doesn't change that. A superbowl W would not change that or Cable either. :roll:

    The local shit stirrers just remember what they want to.

    http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142440&start=100#p2112983


    My comment was in jest, just to be clear. But to bring this line of comments back to the thread:

    It is the same thing every year though. We have seen this happen one too many times to think that it is a fluke. The coaching staff is playing the long game, and it has seen repeated playoff appearances because of it. There isn't more you can ask than that as a fan, without being unrealistic. Yet, continually we have fans that are myopic and can't see the bigger picture. They hem and haw calling for benchings, firings, etc, and then like clockwork the Hawks start hitting their stride and everyone is singing their praises.

    Credit where credit is due, this coaching staff is very good regardless of what some posters think.
    Last edited by FlyHawksFly on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1599
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 am
  • Image
    User avatar
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1077
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:They need to be like they were tonight from here on out.

    The gameplanning was good, it was aggressive for the most part, and they didn’t wait around “to feel out” what the other team was going to do, which is usually the status quo with this bunch. They dictated instead of being dictated to.

    They got away with a couple of boner calls, the 3rd and 10 draw play, and the 2 bubblescreens, which are both the 2 worst playcalls in football under normal circumstance, but were generally solid.

    On defense, outside of a few big gainers where they were caught playing a softzone, they did very well.
    Holding Philly to 10 points is outstanding! Loved the corner blitz sack by Coleman.

    The coaching staff needs to stay aggressive on both sides of the ball. This team plays better when they are!


    I remember during the Panthers game, the Eagles had a lot of trouble with edge blitzed from LBs or Safeties. It's cool we did the same thing with Coleman. Changing protections to account for that seems to be a weakness of their line and/or Wentz.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 884
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 am
  • I was going to say I was impressed with Bevell's play calling right from the first snap.
    GOHAWKS

    CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    User avatar
    stizz19
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 137
    Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:14 pm


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:56 pm
  • All I hope is that we are not in broken clock mode and we were on the money with things, because a broken clock is right twice a day.

    I stated in game day that we did what we have not done and looked good, I also stated I hope we don't pat ourselves on the back too much and regress to the previous philosophy.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:57 pm
  • Bevell's best game that I can recall.
    Image

    There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 11337
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Coaching did great tonight.
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 am
  • Yep, he definitely wasn't his typical Bevellriffic self on Sunday. Called an excellent game.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6883
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA




It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information