Seahawks favored to win remaining four games

hawknation2017

Reaction score
According to fivethirtyeight's predictions, the Seahawks are favored to win their remaining four games:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... ons/games/

If that happens, the Seahawks will win 12 games for the first time since the 2014 season. Coincidentally, the team started 6-4 that year, as well, before winning their final six games en route to the Super Bowl.

@ Jacksonville 53%
Vs. LA Rams 63%
@ Dallas 54%
Vs. Arizona 82%

joeseahawks

Reaction score
We could get the #1 Seed if things fall into place, if we win out. I really hope the boys know that.
Eagles will lose in LA and maybe the Cowboys.
Minnesota will lose @ Carolina and against Aaron Rodgers.
Falcons are now desperate and will beat the Saints at least once.
We beat the RAMs again.

luigi_sal

Reaction score
Pretty sure that if we win out, NFC West top position is ours. Not so clear that bye remains within our range, because Eagles and Vikings cannot lose easily two of four next games

rossob

Reaction score
We can as easily lose the next four games as we can win them. If we play like we did today it's going to be hard to stop us but if we revert to "you can only win in the 4. quarter", play conservatively and call bad games we could lose all of them too.
I think we should just take it week by week.

original poster

Reaction score
luigi_sal":dqcc6a3c said:
Pretty sure that if we win out, NFC West top position is ours. Not so clear that bye remains within our range, because Eagles and Vikings cannot lose easily two of four next games

We win the NFCW if we win out, guaranteed.

I can see 5 teams with 12-4 records after week 17.

SeahawkPQ

Reaction score
According to those percentages, there is a 15% probability of finishing 12-4

NJlargent

Reaction score
Jax scares me because they need the game. I’d rather philly beat the rams and concede the 1 seed. I think it’s important We are tied with the Rams going into our game with them so we essentially are up 2 on them after the win and can afford to lay an egg against Dallas

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
SeahawkPQ":1rxqw9pw said:

Yes, that's the important part. 3 very, very hard games left and with these Seahawks, it's really hard to make predictions. Could turn out amazing, could turn out catastrophic. We'll see.

Mindsink

Reaction score
SeahawkPQ":3md8ez5b said:

Exactly. This should not imply that we're favored to win out.

Saying "favored to win remaining four games" could be a little misleading.

jmahon316

Reaction score
AustrianHawk":3hsvycv7 said:
SeahawkPQ":3hsvycv7 said:

Yes, that's the important part. 3 very, very hard games left and with these Seahawks, it's really hard to make predictions. Could turn out amazing, could turn out catastrophic. We'll see.

I think Eagles/Texans games compared to Redskins at home shows that we're our own worst enemy. We're capable of doing great things but sometimes we shoot ourselves in the foot against opponents who are predicted to lose.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Mindsink":2wp99gey said:
SeahawkPQ":2wp99gey said:

Exactly. This should not imply that we're favored to win out.

Saying "favored to win remaining four games" could be a little misleading.

Fair point. I should have written "Seahawks favored to win each of their remaining four games." One game at a time, boys.

iigakusei

Reaction score
If we finish tied with the Rams we have the tiebreaker against them no matter what happens in the remaining games.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
We also have a history of dropping winnable games, especially after big games like this.

I just want to see us win next week an avoid the sluggish letdown after an emotional win. My fear is that we just emptied our tank going all out against Philly.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
That Redskins loss is looming large. IMO, to win the division we need to go at least 3-1 with one of the wins coming against the Rams and hope the Rams lose to either Philadelphia, Tennessee, or less likely, San Francisco. Based on how this team has played to this point I suspect we will finish 10-6, losing at JAX and at DAL. LA finishes 11-5. We make the playoffs as a 6 seed and play at LA in round 1.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I don't understand the pessimism. We have been historically good in December. I can see us win all remaining games. It is NOT a given, but it is possible. We MUST continue to play at yesterday's level. ... until the SB.
For me the question is: Can the Falcons, Panthers, the Packers and the Cowboys help us to the #1 seed? These teams desperately need wins. Else their seasons will be a failure.
I continue to believe that his team was meant to be in the SB this year. Because this is Pete's last year. And injuries to Sherm and Kam will not deter us.

Mindsink

Reaction score
iigakusei":1wn4x5x5 said:
If we finish tied with the Rams we have the tiebreaker against them no matter what happens in the remaining games.

We need to beat them though. If we don't beat the Rams, then we're not going to finish tied with them anyways.

Mindsink

Reaction score
TheHawkDoc":2h4riq3e said:
That Redskins loss is looming large. IMO, to win the division we need to go at least 3-1 with one of the wins coming against the Rams and hope the Rams lose to either Philadelphia, Tennessee, or less likely, San Francisco. Based on how this team has played to this point I suspect we will finish 10-6, losing at JAX and at DAL. LA finishes 11-5. We make the playoffs as a 6 seed and play at LA in round 1.

Incorrect. If we go 3-1 with one of the wins vs the Rams, then the Rams could win all the rest of the games, and we'd still win the division via tie-breaker.

In other words, if we beat the Rams, we control our own destiny to the division title.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2fz3x8ks said:
I don't understand the pessimism. We have been historically good in December. I can see us win all remaining games. It is NOT a given, but it is possible. We MUST continue to play at yesterday's level. ... until the SB.
For me the question is: Can the Falcons, Panthers, the Packers and the Cowboys help us to the #1 seed? These teams desperately need wins. Else their seasons will be a failure.
I continue to believe that his team was meant to be in the SB this year. Because this is Pete's last year. And injuries to Sherm and Kam will not deter us.
Pete's last year? Why do you think that?

renofox

Reaction score
Mindsink":1xphdw98 said:
If we go 3-1 with one of the wins vs the Rams, then the Rams could win all the rest of the games, and we'd still win the division via tie-breaker.

In other words, if we beat the Rams, we control our own destiny to the division title.

If Rams go 3-1 they end the season at 12-4.
If Seahawks go 3-1 they end the season at 11-5.

Rams have a one game lead. The Seahawks MUST win 1 more game than the Rams to tie the Rams record so that the tiebreaker comes into effect. The Seahawks must win 2 more games than the rams to win without tiebreaker.

If the Seahawks beat the Rams, and do not lose more games than the Rams in the remaining 3 games each team plays, the Seahawks win the division.

If the Seahawks beat the Rams, and do lose more games than the Rams in the remaining 3 games each team plays, the Rams win the division.

If the Seahawks lose to the Rams and are 3/3 of their other remaining games, the Rams only need 1/3 to tie or 2/3 to win the division.