Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Eagles lone touchdown

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Eagles lone touchdown
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:29 am
  • I said last night in the gameday forum it was a pick. I still think it is. Here are the still shots.
    Attachments
    Untitled.png
    Untitled.png (243.37 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Re: Eagles lone touchdown
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:34 am
  • I believe that’s where maxi got facemasked as well. I can’t remember but it on one of the two long bombs or the touchdown. Went uncalled and he was wasn’t happy
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:44 am
  • Everyone was sayin in the game day forum that he got burned but it was a pretty obvious opi when they showed the replay. He was picked well down the field.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:52 am
  • HAWKAMANIA wrote:Everyone was sayin in the game day forum that he got burned but it was a pretty obvious opi when they showed the replay. He was picked well down the field.

Eagles were running picks all night.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:54 am
  • You can clearly see Smith stop right at Maxwell's spot and run into him.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 am
  • Def a pick... we normally get called for that no questions asked....
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 am
  • Every team runs the pick as much as they can. Would have been nice if they had thrown flags on the Eagles for it, but at least they didn't throw one sided flags on us for it this time.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 pm
  • Yea I thought he got beat.

That's a pick. Smh
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:39 pm
  • I live in eagles country and its the most annoying thing ever. never heard a fan base claim how they are already a 5 time superbowl champ under wentz when they haven't done squat yet. everyone around here is crying about how they were cheated and bad calls. all I saw was non stop holding by their oline. and now I will add this to the discussion when they come cry to me. I didn't realize it as I also thought he just got beat.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm
  • Live it looked like he got toasted. But watching the replay after getting home from the game, it was clearly a pick play.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:50 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Live it looked like he got toasted. But watching the replay after getting home from the game, it was clearly a pick play.

ya they showed the replay and then all i heard was silence and they didnt talk about the pick at all which got the WR open in the first place

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:52 pm
  • Other way around, they would have made it sound like our defender Stabbed someone :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:57 pm
  • Didn't the Saints ran this one last year against the Hawks?
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:53 am
  • Doesn't look like much really. Or at least it didn't appear intentional. Outside WR was just running his route and Maxwell's press threw off Agholor's making him cross late and too close to Smith, so you could say he picked himself. Then again...why is he running to the same exact spot in the middle of the field as that other WR/TE?

Last edited by 253hawk on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 am
  • It would have been called if the Hawks did the same exact thing.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:46 am
  • 253hawk wrote:Doesn't look like much really. Or at least it didn't appear intentional. Outside WR was just running his route and Maxwell's press threw off Agholor's making him cross late and too close to Smith, so you could say he picked himself. Then again...why is he running to the same exact spot in the middle of the field as that other WR/TE?

The only purpose that WR served on that play was to pick Maxwell and hope that it didn't get called.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:03 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:Doesn't look like much really. Or at least it didn't appear intentional. Outside WR was just running his route and Maxwell's press threw off Agholor's making him cross late and too close to Smith, so you could say he picked himself. Then again...why is he running to the same exact spot in the middle of the field as that other WR/TE?

Doesn't need to be much, all that is required is to distract the receiver and stop hip swivel for a moment. A split second is enough to get a player wide open in this league. It caused Maxwell to focus on the contact for a split second, you see his eyes go back to the QB then back to the WR who is already taking off down field at that point. It was plenty.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:19 pm

He paced Maxwell, waited for the break and then reached out to block him, then pretended to run a route. Obvious pick.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:42 am

If you look at the stills I posted, you can see Smith is not running his route. He is clearly lining up to block. No WR in this league stops, looks the way they are going and then turns that direction for a route. That what peewee kids do.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:11 am
  • They also had several ran pass option plays that were pass for decent gains where there were offensive linemen well downfield (and not in continuous blocks) when the ball was thrown. For a team that runs run pass options quite a bit, you would think that would be something the officials would be looking for.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:00 am
  • Yes the still looks damning but the real time version was extremely weak in terms of a pick, especially considering we were getting many favorable calls already. My problem with the whole damn thing is why is our guy even in a position to BE picked?. Third and long and we're pressed up on the receiver that close?. I'd have every db 7-8 off minimum to keep everything in front, but i guess we didn't learn our lesson from Washington.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information