Let me pitch this forward.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Is Jacksonville good? They are a team I know least about in the league.

original poster

Reaction score
Their offensive line is hurt, expect this game to be won in the trenches.

If this team is going to shutout an offense this year, its Jacksonville.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Blake Bortles + strong defense.

Jacksonville stole Telvin Smith from us in the draft. We took Kevin Pierre-Louis instead. :(

Josea16

Reaction score
Smellyman":326kkt1i said:
Is Jacksonville good? They are a team I know least about in the league.
Very good defensively, the key to beating them is stopping the run and forcing the pass just like Philadelphia. With far better results because Bortles isn't good like Wentz.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Talented aggressive defense with a strong running game. Key is stopping the run, Bortles cannot win games for them and rarely throws anything deep. Built very similar to ~2012 Seahawks except Russell could make big plays. I don't see many points being scored for either team.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They scare me more than Philadelphia did. We had a huge win against the Eagles and I hope we dont have a let down against the Jags. Their defense is vicious.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
One difference from Philadelphia is that Jacksonville has been vulnerable to committed running games. Bilal Powell (Jets RB), Derrick Henry, Todd Gurley, and even old man Adrian Peterson all had big games running the ball against them, leading to Jacksonville losses. Their pass defense is legit.

I want Mike Davis to have another big game, in addition to plenty of screen passes from Wilson.

drcool

Reaction score
Bortles is horrible. Leonard Fournette is a great back but he has a gimpy ankle/foot so he won't be at 100% and they have some injuries on the O-line. So I think our defense can definitely shut down their offense.

They have a very good pass rush and one of the best secondaries in the league. But the secondary is very young and aggressive. I think Baldwin's route running will make Jalen Ramsey look like a fool a couple times. And while they have some fast LBs (Telvin Smith and Myles Jack) I think Graham's size could give them problems if they get a good matchup. Their run defense is a bit weak too. If we can run the ball well we win easily.

And I think Wilson's experience and escapability will give them fits. They are a very young team and I can see some of our vets goading them into some personal fouls.

There will be a huge contingent of Seahawks fans at this game. It might be one of the best road crowds we have ever had at a game. A guy that sits two desks over from me also works for the Jags ticket office and says they have been selling a ton of tickets to Seahawks fans. We could easily see 30-40% of the stands filled with Hawks fans and we will definitely be louder than the Jags contingent.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Their defense is 2013 Seahawks good. They allow 0.1 more ppg than that group at this point in the season. The DL is more stacked than the Eagles' and their secondary is way better. Our old "friend" Calais Campbell is having a career season over there too.... Can't escape him yet haha

kidhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2cnwlxu0 said:
They scare me more than Philadelphia did. We had a huge win against the Eagles and I hope we dont have a let down against the Jags. Their defense is vicious.

This has been my worry for awhile now. We can beat the Jaguars....We should beat the Jaguars. Having the game moved to a late game helps alleviate some of my angst, but coming off such a huge loss is a recipe for a let down game. I hope that this doesn't happen, but it's a valid concern in my opinion. With that said, I still think we win it, as we don't have the cushion to be able to afford a let down game.

devo2478

Reaction score
drcool":2sra91xh said:
Bortles is horrible. Leonard Fournette is a great back but he has a gimpy ankle/foot so he won't be at 100% and they have some injuries on the O-line. So I think our defense can definitely shut down their offense.

They have a very good pass rush and one of the best secondaries in the league. But the secondary is very young and aggressive. I think Baldwin's route running will make Jalen Ramsey look like a fool a couple times. And while they have some fast LBs (Telvin Smith and Myles Jack) I think Graham's size could give them problems if they get a good matchup. Their run defense is a bit weak too. If we can run the ball well we win easily.

And I think Wilson's experience and escapability will give them fits. They are a very young team and I can see some of our vets goading them into some personal fouls.

There will be a huge contingent of Seahawks fans at this game. It might be one of the best road crowds we have ever had at a game. A guy that sits two desks over from me also works for the Jags ticket office and says they have been selling a ton of tickets to Seahawks fans. We could easily see 30-40% of the stands filled with Hawks fans and we will definitely be louder than the Jags contingent.

You must not have been in Minneapolis for the Dec game a couple years ago played at TCF Stadium. Probably the same number of Hawks fans as you mention above, maybe more due to MSP being such an easy destination to get to for so many.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
They remind me of the Hawks in Russell's rookie season.

Game managing QB just not making mistakes, relying on physical run game and nasty young defense.

But if Russell can continue to play like the Russell of the past 4-5 weeks and we don't go back to our penalty committing shooting ourselves in the foot ways? This is a game our D should be able to keep the Jag's terrible offense to 10 pts and win a 17-10 type of game.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
They remind me of the Hawks in 2013-2014. Brutal defense, very good RB....except their QB sucks eggs. Its gonna be tough sledding on offense, I expect a low scoring affair and a win.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I think we beat them, but there could be some injury attrition. They are a hard hitting bunch.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Bortles has been making lots of mistakes because he's still Bortles. They've done what they can to minimize him, but he still sucks.