No Crow Necessary For The Gloom and Doomers

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No I told ya so's, no pointing fingers, just every 12 today bask in a great win. 8-4 and very much alive!!

2_0_6

Reaction score
I am one of the guys trying to figure out a good recipe for stewed crow today. Its sucks being wrong, but I will gladly take it today.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Amen Brutha! I'm relishing the fact that the whole world was slobbering all over the Eagles, and our defense made them like like the Giants. :p

And I know a lot of it is because of Russell, but we put up 101 yards against the "#1 Rush Defense." Thing is, like early last year, when Green Bay had the #1 Rush Defense, it's mainly because they get ahead early and the other teams stop running the ball and start throwing it. Stats can be misleading.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Everyone at my work on Friday, all gloom and doomers.

I just nodded, was like, "we'll see, we'll see."

But walked right on in this morning like:

BiDFHU0

sutz

Reaction score
Was talking to my brother this morning. Basically pointed out that this is Seahawks football under Pete. It's been the same every year. Start "slow" in Sept/Oct and barely maintain a .500 record. Pick it up in Nov and then in Dec turn on the afterburners.

I must admit this game was a concern for me, and while I refused to vote it as a "must win" for getting into the playoffs, I did agree that this had the potential to be a bit of a statement game. Sunday night, on national TV and the rest of the league watching, Seattle proved (once again) that they can play with the big boys of this league. We're solidly in the playoff hunt, and the LA Rams know we are breathing down their necks for the division crown and even though they lead us by one game they still have to come to our house and win that game which won't be easy.

I don't do internet bets, and I don't worry too much about people eating crow or whatever. I'm just glad they won, and won fairly convincingly.

:2thumbs:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Aros":3vml5ln8 said:
No I told ya so's, no pointing fingers, just every 12 today bask in a great win. 8-4 and very much alive!!

Maybe just a spoonful or two. Certainly no reason to eat the whole bird. Especially so soon after Thanksgiving. :irishdrinkers: :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I’m glad that they won but it kind of ruins that stat about playing 10 win teams-sure they’re 4-0 under Pete against them but they only won by 14 which brings the average of 29 down a little. :sarcasm_off:

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think a couple people picking a massive Eagles blowout should cook up a little crow to eat but I agree with the sentiment.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Well it ain't over yet either. Still 4 games left. Not saying that doom and gloom has merit, but just that there is still a job to do. We still haven't even clinched yet.

kf3339

Reaction score
Yesterday only goes to show you just don't know what team will show up each week. But glad they won!

drcool

Reaction score
All the Jags fans at the office here were sure we would lose to Philly before coming here and losing to Jax. I will be wearing a different Seahawks jersey to the office every day this week leading up to the game and next week after we show the Jaguars what it is like to be a real NFL team just to let them know that this is our league until we decide we don't want it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2v76yfvj said:
Well it ain't over yet either. Still 4 games left. Not saying that doom and gloom has merit, but just that there is still a job to do. We still haven't even clinched yet.

But I read in the manic depressive forum that we're gonna win out.

Don't take any of my posts on this too seriously. I'm just messing with people.

We still have a ways to go and a road game against a D built by one of our own.

907Hawk

Reaction score
drcool":3nn6m29n said:
All the Jags fans at the office here were sure we would lose to Philly before coming here and losing to Jax. I will be wearing a different Seahawks jersey to the office every day this week leading up to the game and next week after we show the Jaguars what it is like to be a real NFL team just to let them know that this is our league until we decide we don't want it.

I love the confidence, its nice to finally meet the overly obnoxious Seahawks fan I am always hearing about on the internet.
:irishdrinkers:

drcool

Reaction score
:greetingsearthling:
907Hawk":1hwpno5u said:
drcool":1hwpno5u said:

I love the confidence, its nice to finally meet the overly obnoxious Seahawks fan I am always hearing about on the internet.
:irishdrinkers:

Just trying to keep up with all the obnoxious Jaguars fans. :)