Hawks mixed power concepts into their run blocking

chris98251

Reaction score
Gee I wonder who was saying they should do just that around here for a while??????

hawknation2017

Reaction score
They've been running plays like this occasionally for years. It makes sense, as both Pocic and Britt are very good at pulling. That doesn't mean the ZBS is being scrapped.

sdog1981

Reaction score
They did the same thing in the lions playoff game last season. I don’t understand the rhythm or reason of the Seahawks offense.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sdog1981":sk1tyvrv said:
I don’t understand the rhythm or reason of the Seahawks offense.

I think Pete is hoping that our opponents won't, either, and thinks that's good strategy.

sdog1981

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2jayhm7i said:
sdog1981":2jayhm7i said:

I think Pete is hoping that our opponents won't, either, and thinks that's good strategy.

you can be so crafty that you outsmart yourself at times too.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
sdog1981":1olrp72p said:
MontanaHawk05":1olrp72p said:
sdog1981":1olrp72p said:

Darrell Bevell and Pete Carroll in a nutshell. They are their own worst enemies for most of the season, and then all of the sudden they have a December surge. It took Bevell three years to finally learn how to use Graham, and it took him six years to figure out that the screen play stymies aggressive defenses.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Brought this up in the GD forum when it happened. Would like to see trap and misdirection plays as well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It’s too bad they waited until the 12th game of the season to start doing this. It would be nice to utilize this sooner so they can maximize the strengths of their personnel as mentioned in the article. There’s a couple of games they probably would have won had they been able to milk the clock with a run game...Redskins for sure and possibly the Titans game too.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1vwfg7am said:
sdog1981":1vwfg7am said:
MontanaHawk05":1vwfg7am said:
sdog1981":1vwfg7am said:

Darrell Bevell and Pete Carroll in a nutshell. They are their own worst enemies for most of the season, and then all of the sudden they have a December surge. It took Bevell three years to finally learn how to use Graham, and it took him six years to figure out that the screen play stymies aggressive defenses.
Good thing Bevell started coaching right after college. At his rate he'll become a decent coach when he reaches Pete's age.