Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks rookie Chris Carson nearing a return

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

  • Could be big if it happens.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • I had posted this in another thread but I'll add it here too:



    “He’s unbelievably ahead of schedule,” Carroll continued. “I watched him run last week and he was flying in his first real day of changing direction when they cut him loose. You couldn’t tell that he wasn’t fine.”

    So what exactly will it take to get the running back ready for the end of the regular season?

    “He just has to show that he is back to full speed and can do it and get on the practice field and away we go.”

    http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/04/rb-chris-carson-likely-back-for-seahawks-final-games-of-regular-season/
    User avatar
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1147
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


  • It would be like a shot of adrenaline to have him come back and outplay Gurley in a big game. Especially heading down the home stretch of the season. Wouldn't work that way his first game back with Davis playing real solid, but it would be cool.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3550
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • They can make some hay with Carson and Davis back there. Especially if Pocic and Ifedi continue to make improvements on the right side.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1591
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 pm


  • Sounds like Santa is dropping off presents early.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3376
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


  • Very exciting news with the prospects of a Carson and Davis tandem. Realistically, could be 3 weeks til he's ready and there's no guarantee he'll have the same cutting ability, but we could be very strong heading into the playoffs if he's healthy.
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1608
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • Wilson with a running game? Uh oh.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1198
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


  • GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:


    Pete is definitely being coy on the timeline....but that's standard Pete Carroll. He was VERY excited about his prospects for returning. My personal feeling is that he'll come back for the last 2 weeks of the season. That should give him time to practice himself into game shape and get a few games under his belt before the playoffs.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 22049
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Are there pretty good odds on if he'll look the same so soon after a broken ankle?
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 991
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • massari wrote:Are there pretty good odds on if he'll look the same so soon after a broken ankle?


    Two things if he is really healed, and if he is confident he is really healed and feels like it physically and in his head.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • massari wrote:Are there pretty good odds on if he'll look the same so soon after a broken ankle?


    If he's even ready to practice this soon, he must be a Luke Willson-level mega-healer.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 211
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


  • The thought alone makes me feel kinda funny, "Like the time I climbed the rope in gym class."
    User avatar
    Sign37now
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 626
    Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:49 am


  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?


    Davis isn't Carson. He's a nice, sparky gadget guy, but not the workhorse we need for a deep playoff run. His ceiling is probably Thomas Rawls.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    SpokaneHawks wrote:Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?


    Davis isn't Carson. He's a nice, sparky gadget guy, but not the workhorse we need for a deep playoff run. His ceiling is probably Thomas Rawls.


    I've never seen Rawls break ankles like I watched Davis do last night. I think the kid is special, way better vision than Rawls. I personally would love to see him share time with Carson, let them compete for the job.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4621
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • Carson back, with some practices under his belt, would be a great compliment to Davis.

    Rawls and Lacy have both just been so underwhelming this year, would be a breath of fresh air.
    User avatar
    HoldYourHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:38 pm
    Location: Centurylink Field


  • DJrmb wrote:I had posted this in another thread but I'll add it here too:



    “He’s unbelievably ahead of schedule,” Carroll continued. “I watched him run last week and he was flying in his first real day of changing direction when they cut him loose. You couldn’t tell that he wasn’t fine.”

    So what exactly will it take to get the running back ready for the end of the regular season?

    “He just has to show that he is back to full speed and can do it and get on the practice field and away we go.”

    http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/04/rb-chris-carson-likely-back-for-seahawks-final-games-of-regular-season/



    In related news, Coach Carroll said that C.J. Procise was “unbelievably behind schedule, and it will take longer than anticipated for him to incur his next injury”.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    User avatar
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1773
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


  • Sign37now wrote:The thought alone makes me feel kinda funny, "Like the time I climbed the rope in gym class."


    Party time, excellent.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2460
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


  • hawker84 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    SpokaneHawks wrote:Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?


    Davis isn't Carson. He's a nice, sparky gadget guy, but not the workhorse we need for a deep playoff run. His ceiling is probably Thomas Rawls.


    I've never seen Rawls break ankles like I watched Davis do last night. I think the kid is special, way better vision than Rawls. I personally would love to see him share time with Carson, let them compete for the job.


    He still hasn't put up the numbers Rawls has. Neither has Carson, for that matter.

    They're different types of backs.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • massari wrote:Are there pretty good odds on if he'll look the same so soon after a broken ankle?


    It wasn't a broken ankle. It was a high ankle sprain, and a leg fracture just below the knee. The high ankle sprain would be the slower of the 2 to heal (he had ligament surgery on it).
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • I didn't realize Carson was averaging 4.2 YPC, at the beginning of the year no less, when our line was even worse.

    Even 4 YPC from our run game (not counting Wilson) would drastically improve this offense, take pressure off Wilson, and help rest the defense.

    I just hope we don't knock ourselves out of contention before then. Hang on just a little longer, boys! The cavalry's coming!
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2316
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


  • He was playing really well and is a really good RB

    I just really hope that the coaching staff makes him fit into the system and type of football we are playing today

    Instead of going back to what wasn't working at the beginning of the season which is a run, run, run team
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6834
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    SpokaneHawks wrote:Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?


    Davis isn't Carson. He's a nice, sparky gadget guy, but not the workhorse we need for a deep playoff run. His ceiling is probably Thomas Rawls.


    I've never seen Rawls break ankles like I watched Davis do last night. I think the kid is special, way better vision than Rawls. I personally would love to see him share time with Carson, let them compete for the job.


    He still hasn't put up the numbers Rawls has. Neither has Carson, for that matter.

    They're different types of backs.


    That would require having the same opportunities, earlier in the season he would have been fed more, now were in a win now mode and the run is more complimentary and our line is worse then when Rawls came out, they were clicking with Reese as a FB and Rawls running, as I see it right now we have no FB on the roster and have not been running out of the I formation. Rawls really was excelling there.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Davis, Carson and Mckissic? Yes please
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6994
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA




It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information