Seahawks rookie Chris Carson nearing a return

DJrmb

Reaction score
I had posted this in another thread but I'll add it here too:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/937741323490115584[/tweet]

“He’s unbelievably ahead of schedule,” Carroll continued. “I watched him run last week and he was flying in his first real day of changing direction when they cut him loose. You couldn’t tell that he wasn’t fine.”

So what exactly will it take to get the running back ready for the end of the regular season?

“He just has to show that he is back to full speed and can do it and get on the practice field and away we go.”
http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/20...k-for-seahawks-final-games-of-regular-season/

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It would be like a shot of adrenaline to have him come back and outplay Gurley in a big game. Especially heading down the home stretch of the season. Wouldn't work that way his first game back with Davis playing real solid, but it would be cool.

Mojambo

Reaction score
They can make some hay with Carson and Davis back there. Especially if Pocic and Ifedi continue to make improvements on the right side.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Sounds like Santa is dropping off presents early.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Very exciting news with the prospects of a Carson and Davis tandem. Realistically, could be 3 weeks til he's ready and there's no guarantee he'll have the same cutting ability, but we could be very strong heading into the playoffs if he's healthy.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/937828530510893056[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2g7i756p said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/937828530510893056[/tweet]

Pete is definitely being coy on the timeline....but that's standard Pete Carroll. He was VERY excited about his prospects for returning. My personal feeling is that he'll come back for the last 2 weeks of the season. That should give him time to practice himself into game shape and get a few games under his belt before the playoffs.

massari

Reaction score
Are there pretty good odds on if he'll look the same so soon after a broken ankle?

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":ooznqgqx said:
Are there pretty good odds on if he'll look the same so soon after a broken ankle?

Two things if he is really healed, and if he is confident he is really healed and feels like it physically and in his head.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
massari":18iv8jmi said:

If he's even ready to practice this soon, he must be a Luke Willson-level mega-healer.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?

Sign37now

Reaction score
The thought alone makes me feel kinda funny, "Like the time I climbed the rope in gym class."

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":3pgt2te0 said:
Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?

Davis isn't Carson. He's a nice, sparky gadget guy, but not the workhorse we need for a deep playoff run. His ceiling is probably Thomas Rawls.

hawker84

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2v8sfk7d said:
SpokaneHawks":2v8sfk7d said:

Davis isn't Carson. He's a nice, sparky gadget guy, but not the workhorse we need for a deep playoff run. His ceiling is probably Thomas Rawls.

I've never seen Rawls break ankles like I watched Davis do last night. I think the kid is special, way better vision than Rawls. I personally would love to see him share time with Carson, let them compete for the job.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Carson back, with some practices under his belt, would be a great compliment to Davis.

Rawls and Lacy have both just been so underwhelming this year, would be a breath of fresh air.

rjdriver

Reaction score
DJrmb":mr2tjatz said:
I had posted this in another thread but I'll add it here too:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/937741323490115584[/tweet]

“He’s unbelievably ahead of schedule,” Carroll continued. “I watched him run last week and he was flying in his first real day of changing direction when they cut him loose. You couldn’t tell that he wasn’t fine.”

So what exactly will it take to get the running back ready for the end of the regular season?

“He just has to show that he is back to full speed and can do it and get on the practice field and away we go.”
http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/20...k-for-seahawks-final-games-of-regular-season/

In related news, Coach Carroll said that C.J. Procise was “unbelievably behind schedule, and it will take longer than anticipated for him to incur his next injury”.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Sign37now":28r5d2er said:
The thought alone makes me feel kinda funny, "Like the time I climbed the rope in gym class."

Party time, excellent.