"Don't Sleep On Us"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been using my PTO today to catch up on all the post game shows and player interviews. One thing that is crystal clear is how much our entire team took all the collective talk about the team being too old, or too injured or no longer elite, etc, etc, VERY personally.

That collective chip that propelled this team to their first Super Bowl championship has been missing since XLIX. Well, it's back folks. 6 point under dogs at home? Oh hell no. Two home losses was the stirring of the sleeping giant. The 6 point under dog status at home was the wake up call.

Once again we are being reminded of Schneider's brilliance. The Davis', the mcDougald's, the Jones, the players stepping in and stepping up shows not only our depth but how amazing JS really is. To find players that buy into our system, to the culture, and players who can elevate their games above and beyond.

BWags said in response to all the lack of respect was "Don't sleep on us."

If you are a fan of history, you would certainly heed his warning.

It's December folks. Now is when the fun really begins.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":eb0lo72p said:
I have been using my PTO today to catch up on all the post game shows and player interviews. One thing that is crystal clear is how much our entire team took all the collective talk about the team being too old, or too injured or no longer elite, etc, etc, VERY personally.

That collective chip that propelled this team to their first Super Bowl championship has been missing since XLIX. Well, it's back folks. 6 point under dogs at home? Oh hell no. Two home losses was the stirring of the sleeping giant. The 6 point under dog status at home was the wake up call.

Once again we are being reminded of Schneider's brilliance. The Davis', the mcDougald's, the Jones, the players stepping in and stepping up shows not only our depth but how amazing JS really is. To find players that buy into our system, to the culture, and players who can elevate their games above and beyond.

Great points.

This is one of those few times this year I’m not thinking, they have to fix this, they have to fix that.
They let Russ be Russ from play one with the read option keeper for 9 yards. That put the Philly defense on their heels as they knew right off the bat it was going to be a long day.

When Russ runs early it opens up the entire offense.

This team plays best when they play AGGRESSIVE on both sides of the ball, that is this team’s (see players) mindset and strength IMHO.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3om8xt3v said:
Great points.

This is one of those few times this year I’m not thinking, they have to fix this, they have to fix that.
They let Russ be Russ from play one with the read option keeper for 9 yards. That put the Philly defense on their heels as they knew right off the bat it was going to be a long day.

When Russ runs early it opens up the entire offense.

This team plays best when they play AGGRESSIVE on both sides of the ball, that is this team’s (see players) mindset and strength IMHO.

Exactly! The key to the running game is making the defense respect RWs legs early, tie up a LB or FS spy on him, free up a receiver or RB outside. Same as getting the inside rush going.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When I saw that first play I thought "We are going to win this game."

The Seahawks had no intention to do anything else but beat them on every play. It was so satisfying to watch.

The Seahawks remain one of those teams nobody really hopes to face in January.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Especially now that Graham and Wilson are connecting in the red zone!!!! The Jags defense will be another great test. Yet again, another team who has enjoyed a fairly weak schedule.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Tongue in cheek here but, Phillys mistake was winning the toss and deferring. Seemed to put us in a way more aggressive pattern than when we win the toss and defer.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
seedhawk":1oqr7vh7 said:
Tongue in cheek here but, Phillys mistake was winning the toss and deferring. Seemed to put us in a way more aggressive pattern than when we win the toss and defer.

Philly's first mistake was stepping onto the field at the Clink! :sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is it true that Graham leads the NFL in TDs???

IrishNW

Reaction score
Pete's letting the dogs off the leash and its beautiful

renofox

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":wocxx6z3 said:
Aros":wocxx6z3 said:
Is it true that Graham leads the NFL in TDs???

I think for his position....Tight End.

Tied (D Hopkins) for lead, receiving touchdowns (9), all positions

Josea16

Reaction score
Aros":3g4izj5y said:

You said it about the fun beginning. 20-5 in Dec-Jan since 2010, last night was the beginning of our usual back half run. I said Philadelphia wasn't going to run all over us and we would force Wentz to win the game. And given Philadelphia played nobody before last night he wasn't up to it. I expect the Rams to beat them also.

Josea16

Reaction score
seedhawk":s7g73v6t said:
I know you are joking but they knew they had to score points from the jump and they focused on it. Philadelphia is seriously good and you don't want that defense playing downhill, Wilson or not.

Sign37now

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":slvbw95u said:
I think the Rams hand them their second-straight loss.

Boy, I hope you are wrong. A first round bye is not realistic but we MUST win this division. First game at home, etc...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2buw29qy said:
Especially now that Graham and Wilson are connecting in the red zone!!!! The Jags defense will be another great test. Yet again, another team who has enjoyed a fairly weak schedule.

In the last 6 weeks, maybe. But before that, they posted a combined 103 points against Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and early-season Houston - some of the league's very best defenses. They allowed 23 combined points to those same teams.

I'm not sleeping on them. This will be a tough game against a legit defense. If they don't get Wilson going early and score fast, it'll turn into basically an extra Rams game.

Josea16

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1nlxtssd said:
Yes sir, and Dallas healthy will hand them their fourth, out of pure spite. I see possibly 4 12-4 teams in the NFC really soon.

Josea16

Reaction score
Sign37now":13bnmy8a said:
PlinytheCenter":13bnmy8a said:

Boy, I hope you are wrong. A first round bye is not realistic but we MUST win this division. First game at home, etc...
Why are you worried? We take care business against Jacksonville and beat the Rams at home we are in the running for first place given the other teams schedules.

We destroyed Philadelphia at home and fact is Goff isn't anywhere near Wentz level. That boy is legit.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Taking care of business against the Jags will be a tough task. Carson Wentz basically played like Blake Bortles yesterday aside from a couple of plays and the Jags defense is significantly better than the Eagles. We beat the Jags and don't suffer more injuries and I'll be HYPED going into the Rams game.

Josea16

Reaction score
adeltaY":27nqt44q said:
Taking care of business against the Jags will be a tough task. Carson Wentz basically played like Blake Bortles yesterday aside from a couple of plays and the Jags defense is significantly better than the Eagles. We beat the Jags and don't suffer more injuries and I'll be HYPED going into the Rams game.
You said it yourself Jacksonville won't even try actual deep shots. Game is at 3:25 CST it's fine. They won't run on us. We will make Bortles throw just like Wentz. It's our MO sir especially in Dec-Jan.