Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Redskins loss just might haunt us..

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The Redskins loss just might haunt us..
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 pm
  • We had no business losing to them. Play calling to execution to missed kicks, it was just an awful showing from a seasoned team at home.

At the beginning of the year I started this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137449&p=2052748#p2052748

It was titled "Which Should win no problem game will we lose?"

There seems to be one every year and not many of us choose the Skins. I'm still optimistic as always, but that was a winnable game that could have put us in a completely different position playoff wise.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• ... and we could've easily lost the Rams and Texans games.

You win some, you lose some. Doesn't do much good looking back and regretting it.

They control their own destiny at this point. Win the last four, everything else will fall into place
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't think I can remember a season where I couldn't look back and say that about some game along the way.

That's kind of how it works, every year, for almost every team.

Sit back, smoke a fat one, listen to some Yanni. Relax and generate some acceptance.

:beach:

:pimp:

'Round about Fri/Sat, start cooking up some excitement for the Jags game. It's what we fans do. :mrgreen:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Jerhawk wrote:... and we could've easily lost the Rams and Texans games.

You win some, you lose some. Doesn't do much good looking back and regretting it.

They control their own destiny at this point. Win the last four, everything else will fall into place

Great point. people tend to focus on the negative but you are exactly right. Kupp makes that catch, or RW doesn't pull the rabbit out of his hat vs hou and either of those could of went the other way.....

But we could keep playing this game too though! thats the beauty of the NFL

Naz Jones pick 6 doesn't get wiped away and Lane tossed on that garbagey garbage call we may have won in gb

SF was an ugly fest, we very easily could of lost that game. Last minute td drive was needed

Tennessee, they pulled away at the end, ummm maybe if this is played in temperatures 15 degrees cooler?

Indy, we put it on them pretty good.

Rams see above

Giants who wasn't nervous as heck starting the second half?

etc. etc. etc.

Good teams find ways to win more then they lose because they've trained for it, because they have experience in it and they want it.... bad teams find ways to lose games
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:... and we could've easily lost the Rams and Texans games.

But those were both 50/50 games.

IMO there's a difference between losing a game against a good team, especially a road game like the Rams. That IS usually the difference between going to the playoffs and/or SB and not...........winning the games you're suppose to win, and then winning a couple games you're not suppose to win.

The Skins game is a game we should have won, plain and simple. So yes, I agree with the OP, if we don't win the division, or miss the playoffs, it will be THE game we'll all point at as a big reason why.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Every season has these games. The ones most don't expect to win (Eagles) and the ones you never would think we would lose (Redskins).

This season is no different than any other in that regard.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• That Redskins game pissed me off more than any game in the Pete Carroll era (the Super Bowl loss was heartbreaking...this game just made me angry). It was just infuriating to watch the dumb mistakes, bad coaching, missed kicks, and blown opportunities.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• For me it wasn't so much about anger as it was shock. Like, "Really? We just lost at home to THEM?"

The Falcons are understandable. But THEM?

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• It's going to haunt us in more ways than one. The teams with which we'll be jockeying for playoff position - Minnesota and New Orleans - DID beat the Redskins. Meaning their conference and SOV tiebreakers are stronger than ours. Same with the Green Bay and Atlanta games. Brutal losses.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• And this FO would deserve it

Dumbest of dumb moves actually signing Blair Walsh
    Vpk0718
    NET Starter

• HawkFan72 wrote:That Redskins game pissed me off more than any game in the Pete Carroll era (the Super Bowl loss was heartbreaking...this game just made me angry). It was just infuriating to watch the dumb mistakes, bad coaching, missed kicks, and blown opportunities.

I was going to post something along these lines. I was at the game and when Russ hit Dougy for the TD we we're going wild and had the taste of victory in our mouths. Then shit happened and it tasted so much worse in comparison. With the looking-back-what-if-missed-kicks, damn. And it was cold as hell. Not might, it haunts me now.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

• Vpk0718 wrote:And this FO would deserve it

I know, I hate how Blair Walsh let the Redskins go 70 yards in 35 seconds with a 4 point lead too.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    Vpk0718 wrote:And this FO would deserve it

I know, I hate how Blair Walsh let the Redskins go 70 yards in 35 seconds with a 4 point lead too.

Missed three makeable FGs. That game was at least 50% on him.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, we botched that game big time, but are the Redskins really as bad as we're making them out to be?

They lost by a field goal to the Saints and by a TD to the Vikings in back to back weeks just a couple of weeks ago and they've beaten both us and the Rams this season.

I mean, yeah, I definitely think we are the better team and should have won. I'm just saying I think the Redskins might be a bit better than some are giving them credit for.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• The Skins at full strength is no easy task so at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a must win that we will lose. However the Titans game we should have won, I think that team is a farce.
    GOHAWKS

CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    stizz19
    NET Rookie

• stizz19 wrote:The Skins at full strength is no easy task so at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a must win that we will lose. However the Titans game we should have won, I think that team is a farce.

I'd switch these around.

When we played the Titans they were at full strength at home with a healthy Mariotta.........and worse, something to prove against the bullies of the NFC coming into their house.

On the other hand, the Skins came limping into the Clink with their entire offensive line gone and other key injuries on defense. NO REASON to lose that game, other than like 20 penalties and a bunch of missed FG's.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    stizz19 wrote:The Skins at full strength is no easy task so at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a must win that we will lose. However the Titans game we should have won, I think that team is a farce.

I'd switch these around.

On the other hand, the Skins came limping into the Clink with their entire offensive line gone and other key injuries on defense. NO REASON to lose that game, other than like 20 penalties and a bunch of missed FG's.

Don't get me wrong, im saying at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a should win that we would lose because when the OP said that the Skins would have been at full strength.
    GOHAWKS

CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    stizz19
    NET Rookie

• The best team doesn't always win. In fact, upsets are actually fairly common in sports. To expect to win every game in which you think we are the better team and then get all bent out of shape when we don't is a little naive to say the least.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Na. Multiple reasons. Plus, you don't win them all.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:
    Vpk0718 wrote:And this FO would deserve it

Missed three makeable FGs. That game was at least 50% on him.

The entire team stunk. That's why they lost.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• No sense crying over spilled milk. Get over it and move on.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    stizz19 wrote:The Skins at full strength is no easy task so at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a must win that we will lose. However the Titans game we should have won, I think that team is a farce.

I'd switch these around.

When we played the Titans they were at full strength at home with a healthy Mariotta.........and worse, something to prove against the bullies of the NFC coming into their house.

And, y'know, having a highly underrated QB and the offensive line continuing to be the most overrated element of winning.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Any loss could haunt you.
    Move on.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• Jerhawk wrote:They control their own destiny at this point. Win the last four, everything else will fall into place

I really hate this phrase. Guess what? Every single one of the 32 NFL teams controls its own destiny from day one of the start of the season. Win out and you've got HFA. People say "they control their own destiny" as if it IS destiny that they'll win out and everything will be cupcakes and unicorns.

In any case...carry on.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• By my estimation there have been 25 fairly large upsets this season so far. The Eagles-Redskins game is the 8th biggest and definitely a winnable game that got away from us. The Falcons (7-5) are the team that really has to be kicking themselves right now, as they have been on the wrong side of two of the top six, both at home in consecutive games (sandwiched around their bye) following a 3-0 start that had them in the top 3 of most power rankings.

Top 10 upsets so far this season:
    #10. Week 4 Bears 23-17 OT over the Steelers (+7 pts)
    #9. Week 5 Jaguars 30-9 over the Steelers in Pittsburgh (+7.5 pts)
    #8. Week 9 Redskins 17-14 over the Seahawks in Centurylink (+8 pts)
    #7. Week 1 Chiefs 42-27 over the Patriots in Foxborough (+8 pts)
    #6. Week 4 Bills 23-17 over the Falcons in Atlanta (+8 pts)
    #5. Week 12 Bills 16-20 over the Chiefs in Arrowhead (+8.5 pts)
    #4. Week 4 Carolina 33-30 over the Patriots in Foxborough (+9 pts)
    #3. Week 11 Giants 12-9 OT over the Chiefs in NY (+10 pts)
    #2. Week 6 Giants 23-10 over the Broncos in Denver (+13.5 pts)
    #1. Week 6 Dolphins 20-17 over the Falcons in Atlanta (+14 pts)

Week 14 features a lot of close games and so the only candidate to make the list this week is the Dolphins/Patriots game where the Patriots are favored by 11.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Wow. Thanks for the list Agent, it really puts into perspective some of the crazy games that have happened this season. As bad as it was for us to lose against the Redskins, at least they have a good QB. The Falcons lost to the freaking Dolphins with Jay Cutler. What's worse is that I think they had 17-0 lead at halftime or so. Pathetic. FTF
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I do so enjoy the parity in the NFL.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Redskins are decimated by injuries this year. They have star power. Beat both LA and Seattle this year.....seems like they've given up now though.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Every loss counts. It's been the same story every year. The Hawks have done better on the road this year so perhaps they can do better in the playoffs this season without HFA.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• You misspelled WILL.
    idahohawk
    NET Starter

• There's always one of two games you lose that you should win. This year it was the Titans and the Redskins. Can't change it, let's just hope the team wins out so it won't matter.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Meh, time to stop dwelling on the past. It's all about Sunday and these next 4 games. Nobody gave them a chance against the Eagles, look how that turned out.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information