The Redskins loss just might haunt us..

rjdriver

Reaction score
We had no business losing to them. Play calling to execution to missed kicks, it was just an awful showing from a seasoned team at home.

At the beginning of the year I started this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137449&p=2052748#p2052748

It was titled "Which Should win no problem game will we lose?"

There seems to be one every year and not many of us choose the Skins. I'm still optimistic as always, but that was a winnable game that could have put us in a completely different position playoff wise.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
... and we could've easily lost the Rams and Texans games.

You win some, you lose some. Doesn't do much good looking back and regretting it.

They control their own destiny at this point. Win the last four, everything else will fall into place

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think I can remember a season where I couldn't look back and say that about some game along the way.

That's kind of how it works, every year, for almost every team.

Sit back, smoke a fat one, listen to some Yanni. Relax and generate some acceptance.

:beach:

:pimp:

'Round about Fri/Sat, start cooking up some excitement for the Jags game. It's what we fans do. :mrgreen:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1br5v3ex said:

You win some, you lose some. Doesn't do much good looking back and regretting it.

They control their own destiny at this point. Win the last four, everything else will fall into place

Great point. people tend to focus on the negative but you are exactly right. Kupp makes that catch, or RW doesn't pull the rabbit out of his hat vs hou and either of those could of went the other way.....

But we could keep playing this game too though! thats the beauty of the NFL

Naz Jones pick 6 doesn't get wiped away and Lane tossed on that garbagey garbage call we may have won in gb

SF was an ugly fest, we very easily could of lost that game. Last minute td drive was needed

Tennessee, they pulled away at the end, ummm maybe if this is played in temperatures 15 degrees cooler?

Indy, we put it on them pretty good.

Rams see above

Giants who wasn't nervous as heck starting the second half?

etc. etc. etc.

Good teams find ways to win more then they lose because they've trained for it, because they have experience in it and they want it.... bad teams find ways to lose games

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1a5bsy2x said:

But those were both 50/50 games.

IMO there's a difference between losing a game against a good team, especially a road game like the Rams. That IS usually the difference between going to the playoffs and/or SB and not...........winning the games you're suppose to win, and then winning a couple games you're not suppose to win.

The Skins game is a game we should have won, plain and simple. So yes, I agree with the OP, if we don't win the division, or miss the playoffs, it will be THE game we'll all point at as a big reason why.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Every season has these games. The ones most don't expect to win (Eagles) and the ones you never would think we would lose (Redskins).

This season is no different than any other in that regard.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That Redskins game pissed me off more than any game in the Pete Carroll era (the Super Bowl loss was heartbreaking...this game just made me angry). It was just infuriating to watch the dumb mistakes, bad coaching, missed kicks, and blown opportunities.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For me it wasn't so much about anger as it was shock. Like, "Really? We just lost at home to THEM?"

The Falcons are understandable. But THEM?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's going to haunt us in more ways than one. The teams with which we'll be jockeying for playoff position - Minnesota and New Orleans - DID beat the Redskins. Meaning their conference and SOV tiebreakers are stronger than ours. Same with the Green Bay and Atlanta games. Brutal losses.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
And this FO would deserve it

Dumbest of dumb moves actually signing Blair Walsh

StoneCold

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1824do5u said:
That Redskins game pissed me off more than any game in the Pete Carroll era (the Super Bowl loss was heartbreaking...this game just made me angry). It was just infuriating to watch the dumb mistakes, bad coaching, missed kicks, and blown opportunities.

I was going to post something along these lines. I was at the game and when Russ hit Dougy for the TD we we're going wild and had the taste of victory in our mouths. Then shit happened and it tasted so much worse in comparison. With the looking-back-what-if-missed-kicks, damn. And it was cold as hell. Not might, it haunts me now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1p6h5rkn said:

I know, I hate how Blair Walsh let the Redskins go 70 yards in 35 seconds with a 4 point lead too.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":7vvgahu0 said:
Vpk0718":7vvgahu0 said:

I know, I hate how Blair Walsh let the Redskins go 70 yards in 35 seconds with a 4 point lead too.

Missed three makeable FGs. That game was at least 50% on him.

Chapow

Reaction score
Yeah, we botched that game big time, but are the Redskins really as bad as we're making them out to be?

They lost by a field goal to the Saints and by a TD to the Vikings in back to back weeks just a couple of weeks ago and they've beaten both us and the Rams this season.

I mean, yeah, I definitely think we are the better team and should have won. I'm just saying I think the Redskins might be a bit better than some are giving them credit for.

stizz19

Reaction score
The Skins at full strength is no easy task so at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a must win that we will lose. However the Titans game we should have won, I think that team is a farce.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
stizz19":31ddxk1m said:
The Skins at full strength is no easy task so at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a must win that we will lose. However the Titans game we should have won, I think that team is a farce.

I'd switch these around.

When we played the Titans they were at full strength at home with a healthy Mariotta.........and worse, something to prove against the bullies of the NFC coming into their house.

On the other hand, the Skins came limping into the Clink with their entire offensive line gone and other key injuries on defense. NO REASON to lose that game, other than like 20 penalties and a bunch of missed FG's.

stizz19

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3g5mctph said:
stizz19":3g5mctph said:

I'd switch these around.

On the other hand, the Skins came limping into the Clink with their entire offensive line gone and other key injuries on defense. NO REASON to lose that game, other than like 20 penalties and a bunch of missed FG's.

Don't get me wrong, im saying at the beginning of the year I would not have put the Skins as a should win that we would lose because when the OP said that the Skins would have been at full strength.

Chapow

Reaction score
The best team doesn't always win. In fact, upsets are actually fairly common in sports. To expect to win every game in which you think we are the better team and then get all bent out of shape when we don't is a little naive to say the least.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
adeltaY":b1i1kcgh said:
Hasselbeck":b1i1kcgh said:
Vpk0718":b1i1kcgh said:

Missed three makeable FGs. That game was at least 50% on him.

The entire team stunk. That's why they lost.