Who should we pay?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We have a few players coming due for new contracts in that next two years. Who would you like to see kept around with a nice payday from the Seahawks?

Sheldon Richardsdon (FA)
Jimmy Graham (FA)
Paul Richardson (FA)
Luke Willson (FA)
Bradley McDougal (FA)
Luke Jockel (FA)
Duane Brown
Earl Thomas
Tyler Lockett

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Veilside

Reaction score
We tend to focus on the biggest impact players no matter the position. Overall, we pay talent, and that is what I see us continuing to do.

Order of impact:

Earl Thomas
Duane Brown
Sheldon Richardson (FA)
Jimmy Graham (FA)
Bradley McDougal (FA)
Tyler Lockett
Paul Richardson (FA)
Luke Jockel (FA)
Luke Willson (FA)

Of these I could see us prioritizing McDougal over Graham and Jockel over Richardson.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sheldon and Graham will return us 3rd rd comp picks for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

poly1274

Reaction score
I don't think FO would care that much for Richardson, and McDougal would be kinda expensive as backup (5-6mill)

IMO the order is

1. Brown
2. Graham.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This is really hard to say right now. For sure SR. Brown too but I worry about his age. If we can get 2-3 solid out of him pay him.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Veilside":1opi9wle said:
We tend to focus on the biggest impact players no matter the position. Overall, we pay talent, and that is what I see us continuing to do.

Order of impact:

Earl Thomas
Duane Brown
Sheldon Richardson (FA)
Jimmy Graham (FA)
Bradley McDougal (FA)
Tyler Lockett
Paul Richardson (FA)
Luke Jockel (FA)
Luke Willson (FA)

Of these I could see us prioritizing McDougal over Graham and Jockel over Richardson.

You say we pay talent and then say we will pay Joekel. I have a hard time following that.

Subzero717

Reaction score
poly1274":1nn3qh4l said:
I don't think FO would care that much for Richardson, and McDougal would be kinda expensive as backup (5-6mill)

IMO the order is

1. Brown
2. Graham.

McDougal will be interesring. I think a lot of it depends on what happens with Kam and how we feel about Hills progress.

NJlargent

Reaction score
S Richardson
Brown
Graham
Earl

The rest can go.

Subzero717

Reaction score
That's a good list. I for one would be kind of disappointed if we let Richardson get away.

original poster

Reaction score
Signing Sheldon would be great, just not so sure they will throw that sort of money at him.

Jimmy gets a 3 year extension IMO.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Brown has made huge impact so he must be the priority. Without him we might as well let JG walk too. With him JG is a redzone nightmare for our opponents. Without him Jimmy is a second bad tackle on one side. Sheldon after those two and McD next in priorities. Just no to Joke. The rest of the money is available.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
Re-signing Sheldon is gonna be really hard. DTs of his caliber command a pretty penny and our cap space will be tight. If the team knows that Malik McDowell can come back than I think that we let Sheldon walk. McDowell isn't the same exact player as Richardson but he would minimize the his loss. If McDowell is done for his career it makes the decision more difficult. I just don't know how we can sign Richardson while signing our other free agents and maintaining the cap space to eventually extend players like Frank Clark.

Blaze808

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Duane, Jimmy and Sheldon would be a priority for me.

Mindsink

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":28ci4161 said:
This is really hard to say right now. For sure SR. Brown too but I worry about his age. If we can get 2-3 solid out of him pay him.

Agreed. Pay heem. Pay dat myan his mahnee.

sutz

Reaction score
Do we know yet what the cap will be doing in '18? All this speculation would be a little easier if we know how much money we have to play with.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sheldon Richardson has been the missing piece to the defense. Interior pressure has been awesome this year and he needs to be re-signed.

Brown has single handedly improved the offensive line, I'd say he is essential going forward. Especially with his veteran presence in the offseason, he's essentially a coach on the field.

Jimmy is finally being utilized correctly, I'd be much happier keeping him and his potential for 10+ TD's a year over some of the WR's.

NJlargent

Reaction score
mistaowen":16ytkc3x said:
Sheldon Richardson has been the missing piece to the defense. Interior pressure has been awesome this year and he needs to be re-signed.

Brown has single handedly improved the offensive line, I'd say he is essential going forward. Especially with his veteran presence in the offseason, he's essentially a coach on the field.

Jimmy is finally being utilized correctly, I'd be much happier keeping him and his potential for 10+ TD's a year over some of the WR's.

I agree 100% with this post. I think it is obvious we win big games when we pressure the QB. When we don’t, we get carved up. So pay Richardson. I would also pay Brown. He’s good and even if he was 50 he’s better than the rest of the line combined (britt excluded) regardless of what combination you put out there. Graham is a red zone monster and you pay for that. Plus I like that stupid TD celebration they all do and it is good for team morale.

I have concerns about McDowell if he is healthy and using him as the excuse to let SR walk. He is unproven and could easily end up being the next Rawls. You have a stud in SR at a position we are built around. Pay him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1fc2pfwy said:
Sheldon and Graham will return us 3rd rd comp picks for sure.

I prefer the multiple forced turnovers and 1 touchdown per game over a pair of high 4th round picks, myself.

Also resign Earl, Bradley, and Brown. Joeckel depends on whether he regains the form he had before his injury.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sheldon Richardson is a difference maker and I would prioritize re-signing him over pretty much anyone else on that list. Worst case scenario, I think we should franchise him & then collect the 3rd round comp pick if you can't fit in an extension the next year.

Duane Brown is the player of greatest need. He is signed through next season but it would be wise to work out an extension. It will also be important to extend Earl Thomas.

I would really like to see Bradley McDougald re-signed. I'm just not sold on Hill, and McDougald is a valuable player.

Graham could go either way, depending on his market. He's leading the league in receiving TDs, which makes me think he won't be worth re-signing.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
1. Brown needs to be kept.
2. Jimmy can be Franchise Tagged.
3. If we can keep S.Richardson we should move on from Avril

I'd like to see Paul brought back on a 1 year deal to see if he can continue to say healthy and play at this level