Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 am
  • Playing around with the ESPN playoff machine today unless the Rams just completely fall apart which has happened before we can only afford one more loss. Tough task with Hawks remaining schedule. @Jags, vs. Rams, @Dallas(w:Zeke), vs.Cardinals (w:Palmer). Tons of things have to go our way to snag a Wild-Card spot. Rams game has suddenly likely become a must win if we wan't the division which at this point is our best hope at making the playoffs.
    RCATES
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 268
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:44 am
  • The playoffs essentially started for us Sunday. I hope Pete is preaching this. We're looking at must-win games against good teams for the rest of the season, however long we can make that last.
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2316
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 am
  • WindCityHawk wrote:The playoffs essentially started for us Sunday. I hope Pete is preaching this. We're looking at must-win games against good teams for the rest of the season, however long we can make that last.

    I think that is Pete's normal attitude about Dec games.

    :2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16892
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:06 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:The playoffs essentially started for us Sunday. I hope Pete is preaching this. We're looking at must-win games against good teams for the rest of the season, however long we can make that last.

    I think that is Pete's normal attitude about Dec games.

    :2thumbs:


    I doubt it's a coincidence that his 4th quarter philosophy applies to the season as well as each individual game.
    JGreen79
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 469
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:26 pm
    Location: Newberg, Oregon


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm
  • If you don't think this team is dialed in, knowing what month it is, and what is on the line, then I humbly submit you just haven't been paying attention to this team over the past 5 years.
    Image

    There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 11365
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:18 pm
  • JGreen79 wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    WindCityHawk wrote:The playoffs essentially started for us Sunday. I hope Pete is preaching this. We're looking at must-win games against good teams for the rest of the season, however long we can make that last.

    I think that is Pete's normal attitude about Dec games.

    :2thumbs:


    I doubt it's a coincidence that his 4th quarter philosophy applies to the season as well as each individual game.


    I had a similar thought. A thought that gets me very excited for what may be coming up.
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2316
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:42 pm
  • Rams game is a must win regardless of what happens this week if we want a bye. In fact, ideally we want Rams to win on Sunday. Reason being if Hawks win against Jags and Eagles win against Rams the Rams game against us will still determine who will be in first place. So, bearing this in mind a Rams win would hurt Eagles run for a top two seed. The best scenario is Hawks win out and Eagles, Saints, Panthers and Vikings lose. This way we get a bye. Just like last years loss to a team we should've beat (Cards) the Skins loss is going to haunt our chances for the bye.
    dukestar
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:31 pm


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:09 pm
  • Here's the ESPN playoff machine to play with for those with 'what if' questions

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4430
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:15 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Here's the ESPN playoff machine to play with for those with 'what if' questions

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine


    And here is the Seymour playoff machine. Don't screw with it.

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3219
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:31 pm
  • No way I'm cheering for the Rams to win for the off chance we get a higher seed. Our main focus is win each game, then division, then 1 or 2 seed. We need the Rams to lose first and foremost.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 211
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm
  • SpokaneHawks wrote:Our main focus is win each game


    If we do that, the division's ours.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16214
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:46 pm
  • I played a ton with the playoff machine. Our chance of getting the #1 seed is pretty much non-existent. Too many teams would all have to lose, it's just not going to happen.

    Our chance of getting the #2 seed isn't much better as too many teams will likely end up with a 12-4 record and our loss to Atlanta kills the "record among common opponents" tie breaker. There's a chance but not one I would put money down on.

    #3 seed is the most likely outcome if we win out.
    User avatar
    Barakas
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 368
    Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 pm


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:47 pm
  • Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow your roll there buddy. Playoff hopes? What are you even talking about? According to countless posts and threads right here on .net our season was over weeks ago. It was over after the Redskins game and then it was over again after the Falcons game. I guess you didn't get the memo that sitting at 5-3 with 8 games to go (or 7-4 with 5 games remaining) = season over. Anyone who thinks this team could possibly make the playoffs is a delusional homer! :P :stirthepot:

    Where do we pick in the draft again?
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2493
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:44 am
  • Chapow wrote:Where do we pick in the draft again?


    With the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select ...

    :2thumbs:
    AlciG
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:06 am


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:46 am
  • AlciG wrote:
    Chapow wrote:Where do we pick in the draft again?


    With the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select ...

    :2thumbs:


    Or better yet... The Seattle Seahawks trade the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft to...
    AlciG
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:06 am


Re: Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:25 am
  • AlciG wrote:
    AlciG wrote:
    Chapow wrote:Where do we pick in the draft again?


    With the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select ...

    :2thumbs:


    Or better yet... The Seattle Seahawks trade the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft to...


    FAR more likely! :2thumbs:
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 861
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am




It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information