Playoff Hopes: (12/5/17)

RCATES

Reaction score
Playing around with the ESPN playoff machine today unless the Rams just completely fall apart which has happened before we can only afford one more loss. Tough task with Hawks remaining schedule. @Jags, vs. Rams, @Dallas(w:Zeke), vs.Cardinals (w:palmer). Tons of things have to go our way to snag a Wild-Card spot. Rams game has suddenly likely become a must win if we wan't the division which at this point is our best hope at making the playoffs.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
The playoffs essentially started for us Sunday. I hope Pete is preaching this. We're looking at must-win games against good teams for the rest of the season, however long we can make that last.

sutz

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1dd19gbb said:
The playoffs essentially started for us Sunday. I hope Pete is preaching this. We're looking at must-win games against good teams for the rest of the season, however long we can make that last.
I think that is Pete's normal attitude about Dec games.

:2thumbs:

JGreen79

Reaction score
sutz":37vpy5x1 said:
WindCityHawk":37vpy5x1 said:

I doubt it's a coincidence that his 4th quarter philosophy applies to the season as well as each individual game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you don't think this team is dialed in, knowing what month it is, and what is on the line, then I humbly submit you just haven't been paying attention to this team over the past 5 years.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
JGreen79":2kt4wsv1 said:
sutz":2kt4wsv1 said:
WindCityHawk":2kt4wsv1 said:

I doubt it's a coincidence that his 4th quarter philosophy applies to the season as well as each individual game.

I had a similar thought. A thought that gets me very excited for what may be coming up.

dukestar

Reaction score
Rams game is a must win regardless of what happens this week if we want a bye. In fact, ideally we want Rams to win on Sunday. Reason being if Hawks win against Jags and Eagles win against Rams the Rams game against us will still determine who will be in first place. So, bearing this in mind a Rams win would hurt Eagles run for a top two seed. The best scenario is Hawks win out and Eagles, Saints, Panthers and Vikings lose. This way we get a bye. Just like last years loss to a team we should've beat (Cards) the Skins loss is going to haunt our chances for the bye.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
No way I'm cheering for the Rams to win for the off chance we get a higher seed. Our main focus is win each game, then division, then 1 or 2 seed. We need the Rams to lose first and foremost.

Barakas

Reaction score
I played a ton with the playoff machine. Our chance of getting the #1 seed is pretty much non-existent. Too many teams would all have to lose, it's just not going to happen.

Our chance of getting the #2 seed isn't much better as too many teams will likely end up with a 12-4 record and our loss to Atlanta kills the "record among common opponents" tie breaker. There's a chance but not one I would put money down on.

#3 seed is the most likely outcome if we win out.

Chapow

Reaction score
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow your roll there buddy. Playoff hopes? What are you even talking about? According to countless posts and threads right here on .net our season was over weeks ago. It was over after the Redskins game and then it was over again after the Falcons game. I guess you didn't get the memo that sitting at 5-3 with 8 games to go (or 7-4 with 5 games remaining) = season over. Anyone who thinks this team could possibly make the playoffs is a delusional homer! :p :stirthepot:

Where do we pick in the draft again?

AlciG

Reaction score
Chapow":1kr0sy37 said:

With the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select ...

AlciG

Reaction score
AlciG":241ybiji said:
Chapow":241ybiji said:

Or better yet... The Seattle Seahawks trade the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft to...

original poster

Reaction score
AlciG":21szamb9 said:
AlciG":21szamb9 said:
Chapow":21szamb9 said:

Or better yet... The Seattle Seahawks trade the 32nd pick of the 2018 NFL draft to...

FAR more likely! :2thumbs: