Jaguars: A Tough Test

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I know we will probably be favored against the Jags, but I'm still a bit nervous on this one

Unlike the Titans game, I think Mariota gave us fits with his speed. Their power running game also over powered us, which is actually key to beating our defense. Big, physical linemen and tight ends to over power our front seven. As much as some of us get upset over that loss, it was a poor matchup for us. Bortles isn't that mobile so that works for us

I think the Jaguars give us fits because they have a really good LB core. Telvin Smith is speedy. That might give Russ trouble. The teams we struggled to score against this year (Packers, Redskins) also had good to great LBs that can keep up with Russ when the play breaks down

What do you guys think? I think we can definitely win this, especially with the right game plan and utilizing McKissic, Varnett and Jimmy. Tight Ends have had success against the Jags. Bevell will need to keep the defense honest with read option. Take what the defense gives us. If our defense can stop the run, tough slug it out game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the game the Seahawks typically lose. Coming off a huge emotional win, travelling as far as you possibly can for a game, the Jags D is legit great...

But as you will see in my fearless prediction thread, ain't no way we lose to Blake Freakin' Bortles. Ain't. No. Way.

Blake meet Bobby. Bobby meet Blake.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Scorpion05":hdp3h830 said:
I know we will probably be favored against the Jags, but I'm still a bit nervous on this one

Unlike the Titans game, I think Mariota gave us fits with his speed. Their power running game also over powered us, which is actually key to beating our defense. Big, physical linemen and tight ends to over power our front seven. As much as some of us get upset over that loss, it was a poor matchup for us. Bortles isn't that mobile so that works for us

I think the Jaguars give us fits because they have a really good LB core. Telvin Smith is speedy. That might give Russ trouble. The teams we struggled to score against this year (Packers, Redskins) also had good to great LBs that can keep up with Russ when the play breaks down

What do you guys think? I think we can definitely win this, especially with the right game plan and utilizing McKissic, Varnett and Jimmy. Tight Ends have had success against the Jags. Bevell will need to keep the defense honest with read option. Take what the defense gives us. If our defense can stop the run, tough slug it out game

Good call on that type of team being trouble for us. But you missed the other almost more important part.....our offense vs Tennessee was non existant so it allowed them to lean and pound us. We stopped them fine early but the offense was nothing but 3 and outs and well the rest is history....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IF we stay clean and efficient with no dumb mistakes, drops and penalties then this is a game we should be able to win 17-10.

Now that's a big if, cause before the Eagles game we couldn't go even one series without making a dumb mistake.

So if we go back to the record setting most penalized team in NFL history? Then the Jag's D is going to feast on Russell and the offense and this will be more of a 10-6 loss type game.

Fournette's the real deal, so I hope we can get a couple of the D-linemen back that didn't play last week. Cause we're going to need a deeper rotation against a very good run game to make Bortles throw it more.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We lost to Austin Davis a few years ago. He played within himself, didn't make mistakes, let his defense do most of the work, and, at the right moments, made the occasional big play. Bortles' best chance is to play in similar fashion.

original poster

Reaction score
Aros":yn6o1ddo said:
This is the game the Seahawks typically lose. Coming off a huge emotional win, travelling as far as you possibly can for a game, the Jags D is legit great...

But as you will see in my fearless prediction thread, ain't no way we lose to Blake Freakin' Bortles. Ain't. No. Way.

Blake meet Bobby. Bobby meet Blake.

Can’t find the Fearless Prediction thread anywhere Todd?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Our offense has to take care of the ball. This Jaguars defense is the best defense Seattle has played all season by far.

Our defense can't let Fornette and their run game beat them. Force Bortles to beat our defense, hes bound to make a mistake

hawkfan68

Reaction score
For some reason this game has the TB game from last season feel to it for me. I hope the results are better for the Seahawks than the TB game though. Jax doesn't let teams score much on them. They are giving up only 14.8 pts per game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey is one to watch out for. There's a reason he was drafted 5th overall. So far this year he's got 16 passes defensed, and 3 INTs. Not bad for a 2nd year player.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Isn't Fournette hurt? I'm more concerned about their OL tbh, they were downright dominant earlier in the season before they sustained some injuries. I think they still have some guys banged up, but I'm not sure.

We've seen mediocre QBs with great defenses beat us before, as Montana astutely brought up Austin Davis. If we can get three big plays on offense and reach 20 points, I'd be pretty confident in a Seahawks win. I think a defensive score might be in order.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Key to this game is an offensive strategy utilizing short passing in the zone soft spots 10 yards give or take from the LOS. This will force the LB's and pass rushers to back off. If we go back to bombs and runs up the gut, we lose as it allows them to man up on the outside and stack the box.

Bev called a good game last week, let's hope he can go back to back.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":12nnxwlb said:
Isn't Fournette hurt?

He had 22 carries and a TD against the Colts, so he's fine.

So our front seven's going to have to bring it Sunday, the Jags can run the ball, and will wear you out if you don't disrupt their line.

To me this game will be won or lost on the offensive side of the ball. If Russell and the offense limits the mistakes and continues to roll? We're good.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think we match up pretty well with the Jags. Their strength is running the ball, and I have more confidence in our run defense than our pass defense. The Jags strength on defense is covering the outside corners and stopping the run. We don't do a ton of throwing to our outside receivers and we obviously don't run the ball well. I'd assume Ramsey and Bouye won't cover Baldwin in the slot. This could be a big game for Baldwin and Graham.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
original poster":2i4bllio said:
Can’t find the Fearless Prediction thread anywhere Todd?

Sorry I meant the one that will be coming up on Wednesday. I usually post them on Wednesdays.

stizz19

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1ia0tr8p said:

Because Russ Is playing at a much higher level, along with the offensive line I think he will be fine. He is getting the ball out of his hand much faster more often then not now whereas that was not the case against those teams, especially Green Bay.

stizz19

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2qqgqt5s said:

Because Russ Is playing at a much higher level, along with the offensive line I think he will be fine. He is getting the ball out of his hand much faster more often then not now whereas that was not the case against those teams, especially Green Bay.