Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jaguars: A Tough Test

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jaguars: A Tough Test
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 am
  • I know we will probably be favored against the Jags, but I'm still a bit nervous on this one

Unlike the Titans game, I think Mariota gave us fits with his speed. Their power running game also over powered us, which is actually key to beating our defense. Big, physical linemen and tight ends to over power our front seven. As much as some of us get upset over that loss, it was a poor matchup for us. Bortles isn't that mobile so that works for us

I think the Jaguars give us fits because they have a really good LB core. Telvin Smith is speedy. That might give Russ trouble. The teams we struggled to score against this year (Packers, Redskins) also had good to great LBs that can keep up with Russ when the play breaks down

What do you guys think? I think we can definitely win this, especially with the right game plan and utilizing McKissic, Varnett and Jimmy. Tight Ends have had success against the Jags. Bevell will need to keep the defense honest with read option. Take what the defense gives us. If our defense can stop the run, tough slug it out game
    Scorpion05
    NET Starter

Re: Jaguars: A Tough Test
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:29 am
  • We WILL win this Sunday if there is not an emotional "letdown".
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:33 am
  • This is the game the Seahawks typically lose. Coming off a huge emotional win, travelling as far as you possibly can for a game, the Jags D is legit great...

But as you will see in my fearless prediction thread, ain't no way we lose to Blake Freakin' Bortles. Ain't. No. Way.

Blake meet Bobby. Bobby meet Blake.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:35 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:I know we will probably be favored against the Jags, but I'm still a bit nervous on this one

Unlike the Titans game, I think Mariota gave us fits with his speed. Their power running game also over powered us, which is actually key to beating our defense. Big, physical linemen and tight ends to over power our front seven. As much as some of us get upset over that loss, it was a poor matchup for us. Bortles isn't that mobile so that works for us

I think the Jaguars give us fits because they have a really good LB core. Telvin Smith is speedy. That might give Russ trouble. The teams we struggled to score against this year (Packers, Redskins) also had good to great LBs that can keep up with Russ when the play breaks down

What do you guys think? I think we can definitely win this, especially with the right game plan and utilizing McKissic, Varnett and Jimmy. Tight Ends have had success against the Jags. Bevell will need to keep the defense honest with read option. Take what the defense gives us. If our defense can stop the run, tough slug it out game

Good call on that type of team being trouble for us. But you missed the other almost more important part.....our offense vs Tennessee was non existant so it allowed them to lean and pound us. We stopped them fine early but the offense was nothing but 3 and outs and well the rest is history....
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:47 am
  • IF we stay clean and efficient with no dumb mistakes, drops and penalties then this is a game we should be able to win 17-10.

Now that's a big if, cause before the Eagles game we couldn't go even one series without making a dumb mistake.

So if we go back to the record setting most penalized team in NFL history? Then the Jag's D is going to feast on Russell and the offense and this will be more of a 10-6 loss type game.

Fournette's the real deal, so I hope we can get a couple of the D-linemen back that didn't play last week. Cause we're going to need a deeper rotation against a very good run game to make Bortles throw it more.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 am
  • I trust the Defense to stop Bortles and lets hope the Offense starts off fast!
    DontRussellWithMe
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:28 pm
  • We lost to Austin Davis a few years ago. He played within himself, didn't make mistakes, let his defense do most of the work, and, at the right moments, made the occasional big play. Bortles' best chance is to play in similar fashion.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:09 pm
  • Aros wrote:This is the game the Seahawks typically lose. Coming off a huge emotional win, travelling as far as you possibly can for a game, the Jags D is legit great...

But as you will see in my fearless prediction thread, ain't no way we lose to Blake Freakin' Bortles. Ain't. No. Way.

Blake meet Bobby. Bobby meet Blake.

Can’t find the Fearless Prediction thread anywhere Todd?
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:28 pm
  • Las Vegas has us as 3 point "dogs"! Never-the-less, I'm confident that we win in the 4th quarter.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 pm
  • Our offense has to take care of the ball. This Jaguars defense is the best defense Seattle has played all season by far.

Our defense can't let Fornette and their run game beat them. Force Bortles to beat our defense, hes bound to make a mistake
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm
  • For some reason this game has the TB game from last season feel to it for me. I hope the results are better for the Seahawks than the TB game though. Jax doesn't let teams score much on them. They are giving up only 14.8 pts per game.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 pm
  • Jalen Ramsey is one to watch out for. There's a reason he was drafted 5th overall. So far this year he's got 16 passes defensed, and 3 INTs. Not bad for a 2nd year player.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm
  • Isn't Fournette hurt? I'm more concerned about their OL tbh, they were downright dominant earlier in the season before they sustained some injuries. I think they still have some guys banged up, but I'm not sure.

We've seen mediocre QBs with great defenses beat us before, as Montana astutely brought up Austin Davis. If we can get three big plays on offense and reach 20 points, I'd be pretty confident in a Seahawks win. I think a defensive score might be in order.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Key to this game is an offensive strategy utilizing short passing in the zone soft spots 10 yards give or take from the LOS. This will force the LB's and pass rushers to back off. If we go back to bombs and runs up the gut, we lose as it allows them to man up on the outside and stack the box.

Bev called a good game last week, let's hope he can go back to back.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:20 pm
  • I'll be in attendance. Go Hawks! :irishdrinkers:
    Fan since team Est. 1976
    Winner of 2013 and 2015 .net annual draft contests
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:24 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Isn't Fournette hurt?

He had 22 carries and a TD against the Colts, so he's fine.

So our front seven's going to have to bring it Sunday, the Jags can run the ball, and will wear you out if you don't disrupt their line.

To me this game will be won or lost on the offensive side of the ball. If Russell and the offense limits the mistakes and continues to roll? We're good.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:56 pm
  • I think we match up pretty well with the Jags. Their strength is running the ball, and I have more confidence in our run defense than our pass defense. The Jags strength on defense is covering the outside corners and stopping the run. We don't do a ton of throwing to our outside receivers and we obviously don't run the ball well. I'd assume Ramsey and Bouye won't cover Baldwin in the slot. This could be a big game for Baldwin and Graham.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:15 pm
  • original poster wrote:Can’t find the Fearless Prediction thread anywhere Todd?

Sorry I meant the one that will be coming up on Wednesday. I usually post them on Wednesdays.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:15 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:I know we will probably be favored against the Jags, but I'm still a bit nervous on this one

Because Russ Is playing at a much higher level, along with the offensive line I think he will be fine. He is getting the ball out of his hand much faster more often then not now whereas that was not the case against those teams, especially Green Bay.
    GOHAWKS

CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    stizz19
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Because Russ Is playing at a much higher level, along with the offensive line I think he will be fine. He is getting the ball out of his hand much faster more often then not now whereas that was not the case against those teams, especially Green Bay.
    GOHAWKS

CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    stizz19
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:37 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Isn't Fournette hurt?

He had 22 carries and a TD against the Colts, so he's fine.

So our front seven's going to have to bring it Sunday, the Jags can run the ball, and will wear you out if you don't disrupt their line.

To me this game will be won or lost on the offensive side of the ball. If Russell and the offense limits the mistakes and continues to roll? We're good.

Jags fans were saying they saw him limping towards the end of the game. Think he's been battling an ankle injury. We'll see when the reports come out I guess.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:05 pm
  • Fournette has been banged up for a while now. Which is why his numbers have been down the past month or so. He never fully recovered from the ankle injury in the middle of the season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:56 pm
  • The over under on this game should be set at 3.5. It is going to be ugly and I think will play out like the Carolina games from a few years back. I think one big play is going to be the difference.
    Subzero717
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:44 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:Our offense has to take care of the ball. This Jaguars defense is the best defense Seattle has played all season by far.

Our defense can't let Fornette and their run game beat them. Force Bortles to beat our defense, hes bound to make a mistake

Signing of Richardson should pay dividend in stopping the run, run up the gut anyways.
    toffee
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:07 pm

The Bad Boy Hawks Legion ain't taking these Jags for granted, it balls out, and another one in the WIN column. :rumble:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:41 pm
  • Our defense has been listed as second tier compared to the Jags all year, they won't like that and will be on a mission to state you can imitate but not duplicate. Also Fournette reminds me of Steven Jackson in many ways, we know how that went, big ass backs rarely have good days against us, now a scat quick back that's different.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:30 pm
  • If there was ever a game that we need to find a run game this is the one, Jags run D isn't that great but there pass d and pass rush is far and away best in the league. We cant find ourselves in 3 and long all game or we'll be in trouble.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:10 pm
  • I hope our coaches don't overthink this one.
    Jags lost to the Jets, cards and blown out by the titans. Heck the rams Goff threw for 124 yards at 52% completion rate and still won. Of course it helps that Gurley had over 100 yds. We just have to scheme our ground game better with read options, end-around, traps, pulling guards, or more 3 TE sets. On defense we have to hit Fournette and pressure Goff. We are a more physical team. We should be able to pull off what Titans and cards did.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 pm
  • Jags defense is 100% legit. They arent losing to bortles though its not gonna happen.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:31 am
  • I don't think this game will even be close, personally.

I'll listen to any argument but this team is going to continue on a roll, they're hungry, motivated and pissed off they're being constantly doubted. They clearly pay attention to the vegas lines, Frank tweeted about it actually.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information