Total Tally of loss for Cardinals game???

Seymour

Reaction score
Damn, that was one expensive game to the team. We lose Kam and Sherman for the year or longer, and possibly a draft choice now.

That is what I'm now wondering. That investigation started over a month ago and no word on what they found?

Has anyone heard any updates on their findings on who is at fault with that phantom concussion check?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...s/seahawks-insider-blog/article184669908.html

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Question, why would we be punished by losing a draft pick. Isn't the concussion protocal done by "an independent dr? " Aren't they the ones who should be found at fault if there was a problem?

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":32bfz578 said:
Question, why would we be punished by losing a draft pick. Isn't the concussion protocal done by "an independent dr? " Aren't they the ones who should be found at fault if there was a problem?

That is just the stated max penalty from what I remember. I doubt we get that, but you never know with God in charge. I would think max would be saved for someone knowingly attempting to cheat the system while their player was is danger, but that may be just me. As far as the test goes, I believe you are right. I don't think we know who dropped the ball quite yet though.

kidhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1snt4qtk said:

From what I've read, they must find the team purposely avoided the protocols before being able to issue that type of punishment. If they just screwed up, then it's more likely a fine or possibly forcing the team's employees related to the concussion protocol to go through training in the policies and regulations.

As for the doctors involved, I believe a team doctor and an outside doctor must both examine the player in question.

I think this is really on Wilson for not waiting in the tent to get checked out. It appeared that there wasn't even a doctor there yet, so he just went in and took off. Seems more of the "whoops" instead of the purposeful evading the protocol on the team's part. Coaches are actively in game mode, it's impossible for coaches to know if the doctor cleared them or not.

I'd guess our penalty may be financial or training or both, but I doubt it's egregious enough to merit draft picks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Which makes the win on Sunday even more impressive. Held the "best team in football" to 10 points. All w/out 3 pro bowl players.