Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Shead's back

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Shead's back
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm
  • GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Re: Shead's back
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm
  • :irishdrinkers:

Secondary depth is strong again.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:30 pm
  • Who's getting waived or IR'd for him to be on the active roster? I guess they have an exemption for a bit before that happens. It may be time to part ways with Lacy or Rawls when the move is needed. Neither add anything aren't involved on ST.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:38 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Who's getting waived or IR'd for him to be on the active roster? I guess they have an exemption for a bit before that happens. It may be time to part ways with Lacy or Rawls when the move is needed. Neither add anything aren't involved on ST.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Chancellor was reserving a spot on the 53 man roster for either Shead, Prosise, or Carson...Whoever was ready first.
    jmahon316
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm
  • jmahon316 wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Who's getting waived or IR'd for him to be on the active roster? I guess they have an exemption for a bit before that happens. It may be time to part ways with Lacy or Rawls when the move is needed. Neither add anything aren't involved on ST.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Chancellor was reserving a spot on the 53 man roster for either Shead, Prosise, or Carson...Whoever was ready first.

This has been the suspicion. Since they didn't plan on signing anyone, there was no reason to IR Kam until they needed to. As for Shead, I believe we have some time until we have to activate him, so we may not make any moves just yet. If they plan to play him on Sunday, they have until Saturday to activate him. If they want to give him some time to get up to speed in practice (which I suspect they may do) then they may not make any moves just yet

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:09 pm
  • IIRC there used to be a 3 week exemption for someone coming off PUP, so no rush on a roster move to cover him. But, yeah, Kam would be the obvious choice.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:33 pm
  • Now THAT is very welcome news indeed. We knew this was coming any day now ... but it's sure nice to see him officially off the PUP and practicing. Hopefully he can get back in there soon and help provide some needed depth insurance there at the DB position.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:39 pm
  • This is good news and it helps reduce the concerns about experienced DB depth just in time for the playoffs.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:54 pm
  • That's great to hear! One of the best tacklers on the team and a solid cover guy. I'm sure someone will be about to complain about how he doesn't get his head turned around....
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:That's great to hear! One of the best tacklers on the team and a solid cover guy. I'm sure someone will be about to complain about how he doesn't get his head turned around....

(Raises hand) That would be me. He doesn’t get his head turned and just blindly throws his hands up to defend the ball. That’s poor technique as you cannot intercept what you don’t see, and he’d have more passes defensed if he saw the ball.........but he adds to the depth and he does tackle well. So I guess from that perspective it’s good.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:11 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:That's great to hear! One of the best tacklers on the team and a solid cover guy. I'm sure someone will be about to complain about how he doesn't get his head turned around....

(Raises hand) That would be me. He doesn’t get his head turned and just blindly throws his hands up to defend the ball. That’s poor technique as you cannot intercept what you don’t see, and he’d have more passes defensed if he saw the ball.........but he adds to the depth and he does tackle well. So I guess from that perspective it’s good.

Always good to see the dark cloud lurking behind that silver lining.

:twisted:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:22 pm
  • Liked his play last year. Hes like a safety playing corner. He can come in as the 4th CB for now then once he gets his feet wet can share the slot with coleman. Shaq and B max are holding it down on the outside so far.

Whats ever better should one of them go down we have alot of depth at CB now.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 pm
  • Allows us the flexibility to run some 4-2-5, especially with Kam out.
    "You don't always get to play playoff games at home, or conference championships at home, or superbowls at home. You have to have the mindset that you can play to your potential wherever you are." - Pete Carroll
    nwHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:12 pm
  • Well we now have Safety and CB depth in one player with playoff experience and can play at a tougher level. Would not expect a lot right away may play Special teams till his legs are back.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:43 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:Allows us the flexibility to run some 4-2-5, especially with Kam out.

I know that Pete Carroll said this past week that "the Big Nickel is officially dead" (because of course, the one who WAS the "Big Nickel", McDougald, is now the current SS) ... but there is a piece of me that wonders whether or not Shead's addition would allow some of that 4-2-5 again. As others have said, Shead is a lot like Kam in a lot of ways -- he truly is like a Safety playing Corner. And in one guy, I would say that potentially gives them a lot of flexibility scheme-wise.

I posted this before, but it bears mentioning again ...

Source:
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-seahawks-cb-deshawn-shead-could-be-sidelined-well-into-the-regular-season

His addition is an added shot of nitrous oxide into the engine of an already pretty good run defense. Personally, I'm excited to get him back, I really am. I can't wait to see him on the field again.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 pm
  • this is going to be huge. The secondary is the weakest part of the defense right now.
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:21 pm
  • We play 4-2-5 on the majority of snaps already. Most teams play some variation nickel on most downs.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 am
  • Saw it this morning, great stuff.

I wonder if/when he will get a starting role with the team.

No way they take snaps away from Shaq, Coleman is playing pretty well in the slot so that leaves Maxwell on the outside, I suspect Maxwell continues as the starter this week then depending on how he looks, Shead will come in and start over Maxwell in the coming weeks. Hope it works out! Having either Shead or Maxwell as the primary backup over Lane fills me with confidence, I cringe every time I see that number 20 jersey on anything other than ST's.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 am
  • Looking forward to getting Finger Wag back out there. Depth is getting stronger.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:49 am
  • Any update with his situation ...
    PaVloVa!8
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information