Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Tom Cable as NYG HC (rumors and speculation)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• OH GOD PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:OH GOD PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!

And if he could then turn around and hire Bevell to be his Offensive Coordinator ... THEN we'd truly have something. :mrgreen:
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Good luck, Tom!
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• jmahon316 wrote:https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/12/6/16743230/seattle-seahawks-tom-cable-new-york-giants-bears-buccaneers-colts-assistant-coach

Even got support from Russell Okung...Could this finally be the chance to see him gone from the Seahawks sideline?

Please God make it so. Bevell I don't blame because he's following PC's dictates. Cable is responsible for an OL scheme rendered impossible because of the current blocking rules and CBA which is inexcusable.

The rules are completely different and specifically target what made Denver's version of the ZBS ridiculously awesome plus the cap and CBA currently in place.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• What's that saying?

Careful what you wish for?
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

• He would be the best thing to ever happen to the Giants (In case anyone from their organization would really want or care about our opinion)

Really he would be the best Head Coach ever!

Really

Really it’s true

Really it’s not true, please for the love of all humanity, take him.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

• He has been in the rumor mill for most jobs, I do think he interviewed for the job that McAdoo got though. He is a lot like Coughlin with his no nonsense approach and I am sure the Giants may like a Coach that has had continued success in the Seahawks and been a Head Coach before as in Oakland.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:He has been in the rumor mill for most jobs, I do think he interviewed for the job that McAdoo got though. He is a lot like Coughlin with his no nonsense approach and I am sure the Giants may like a Coach that has had continued success in the Seahawks and been a Head Coach before as in Oakland.

One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately. He would work for the Giants because a Coughlin/Parcells type is a requirement for sustainable sucess in New York.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He has been in the rumor mill for most jobs, I do think he interviewed for the job that McAdoo got though. He is a lot like Coughlin with his no nonsense approach and I am sure the Giants may like a Coach that has had continued success in the Seahawks and been a Head Coach before as in Oakland.

One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately.

Ahhh thats where your going to fail Young Josea Walker, Cable is a teacher of the system sure, but he is here solely becasue Pete wants this system, Pete has to be convinced to drop it or find a better coach to execute it.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• BigMeach wrote:What's that saying?

why do i have this gut feeling Tom Cable is going to be the best head coach from the Pete Carol coaching tree.
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He has been in the rumor mill for most jobs, I do think he interviewed for the job that McAdoo got though. He is a lot like Coughlin with his no nonsense approach and I am sure the Giants may like a Coach that has had continued success in the Seahawks and been a Head Coach before as in Oakland.

One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately.

Ahhh thats where your going to fail Young Josea Walker, Cable is a teacher of the system sure, but he is here solely becasue Pete wants this system, Pete has to be convinced to drop it or find a better coach to execute it.

Well, they better dump big money on the offense in general and specifically on the OL unless they prefer tilting at windmills? Seriously they draft all these guys that are power blockers and put them in a scheme that is impossible under the current rules and barely ever extend anybody? Pure clinical definition of insane.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:

There are several versions of the ZBS. For whatever reason, Cable seems to have far more issues getting things to click than other teams looking over the years here. Of course much of that is product selection (player) so for damn sure that won't be missed.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• IrishNW wrote:
    BigMeach wrote:What's that saying?

why do i have this gut feeling Tom Cable is going to be the best head coach from the Pete Carol coaching tree.

As long as it's in New England I'm good with it given your feeling is 100% wrong.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:

There are several versions of the ZBS. For whatever reason, Cable seems to have far more issues getting things to click than other teams looking over the years here. Of course much of that is product selection (player) so for damn sure that won't be missed.

I didn't know that. Could you explain the different versions? And what Cable should be drafting because obviously it isn't working currently.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:

As long as it's in New England I'm good with it given your feeling is 100% wrong.

well thats like your opinion man
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

• IrishNW wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:

well thats like your opinion man

Yep, and I stand by it. Cable needs to go. Hopefully he punches Odell Beckham in the face for being a pussy. It'd be better if he screwed the Patriots and concussed Brady out of stupidity but I'll take the Giants being screwed longer anytime as consolation.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately. He would work for the Giants because a Coughlin/Parcells type is a requirement for sustainable sucess in New York.

1) We were ZBS before Cable. Remember the few-week-long stint we had with Alex Gibbs, the godfather of the ZBS?

2) It's "dominant", not "dominate".
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Maulbert wrote:OH GOD PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!

I guess, if your objective is to see the Hawks slink back
    To mediocrity.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately. He would work for the Giants because a Coughlin/Parcells type is a requirement for sustainable sucess in New York.

1) We were ZBS before Cable. Remember the few-week-long stint we had with Alex Gibbs, the godfather of the ZBS?

2) It's "dominant", not "dominate".

The High Lord Spelling Nazi corrected me. I feel honored IRo seriously. Honestly I wasn't paying attention until Russell Wilson came because then I knew beyond a doubt we got lucky and got franchise quarterback.

Franchise quarterback means playoffs and in the mix every year.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Good luck Tom, Darrell. :)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• How soon can he leave?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:The High Lord Spelling Nazi corrected me. I feel honored IRo seriously. Honestly I wasn't paying attention until Russell Wilson came because then I knew beyond a doubt we got lucky and got franchise quarterback.

Rock or Anguish, can I get this set as my new forum moniker? .NET FCC Liaison has had its day. :lol:
    Last edited by RolandDeschain on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Bobblehead wrote:How soon can he leave?

I am hoping Thursday?
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:The High Lord Spelling Nazi corrected me. I feel honored IRo seriously. Honestly I wasn't paying attention until Russell Wilson came because then I knew beyond a doubt we got lucky and got franchise quarterback.

Rock or Anguish, can I get this set as my new forum moniker? .NET FCC Liaison has had its day. :lol:

Man, I hope you get the change. I'm just telling the truth and respect the longtime posters.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Josea16 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately.

I didn't know that. Could you explain the different versions? And what Cable should be drafting because obviously it isn't working currently.

This explains much of what you want to know.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/4/18/2954139/on-tom-cable-and-the-offensive-lines-identity
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/4/18/2954139/on-tom-cable-and-the-offensive-lines-identity

Thank you. You sir are now off my ignore list of two. Now currently at one.:D
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Cable might be a lot better doing anything other than coaching an offensive line. He just doesn't get it for whatever reason.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• New York,

He is really really good. I think you should hire him now. No time to waste.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

And this is his downfall.

1. Cable runs a true Zone Blocking Scheme - with an important distinction. He's not your Alex Gibbs guru - in fact, I classify Cable's system as an upgrade from the traditional Gibbs system. A typical ZBS scheme involves quickness, footwork and athleticism over size and strength, relying on constant double, maybe even triple teams on D-Lineman to create movement on the line of scrimmage. ZBS is also very simple, and instead of man blocking, players only block a "zone" of the play. It's effectiveness is almost well utilized; most of the NFL offenses, including the Packers, Broncos, and Texans involves a general ZBS despite the differences between their philosophy, game planning, etc.
    With Cable though, he utilizes the same thing with one unique trait: putting in big players, and already you can see the problems arise - after all, how does one fit behemoth players for a scheme initially designed for undersized, quick ones? The answer is the Cable does not simply look for big and tall players, but big and tall athletes.

The smarter better athletes are now on defense and have the scheme figured out, cables system using bigger guys cannot get to a spot before the defender has moved to another. The defenders know the schemes now and protect themselves, the rules have changed as well, also this has been a QB killer scheme going back to Elway, he took a lot of hits under Gibbs, in Oakland Cables system was devastating to the QB's there, here in Seattle Hass was pretty good and barely survived, going to the Colts as a back up he showed that he was a good QB still, that's in Indy. Tuiasasopo had the most success in Oakland due to him being a lesser Wilson, the odds caught up to him and he had a serious injury eventually.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I doubt he gets the job in honesty.

The offensive line is finally getting some continuity and then the coach gets grabbed. Not entirely sure how I feel.

If I had a gun to my head I'd say give him the job, as long as he doesn't try and snatch Bevell. That would be almost guaranteed disastrous, despite what many on here preach.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• my christmas would be amazeballs doubt it happens though
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'm not sure how much Cable and Bevell are to blame for our misery, but I would like to find out. Obviously, it would not make a real difference if Carroll just looks for clones of them. But there is the tiny possibility that we would get a McVay. :D
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Practice Squad

• Not that I'm all that interested in keeping Cable...

But those in this thread saying that Cable has drafted the wrong players for his system, could probably stand to pay a little closer attention to those players. Cable has drafted almost solely FOR athleticism. We've been talking about that for years. Look at Fant. All athleticism. No technique. Almost the same with Germain Ifedi - he was noted in his pre-draft scouting for raw athleticism. Very raw. Russell Okung, Justin Britt, Rees Odhiambo, Mark Glowinski, same deal - stood out for B+ athleticism. Garry Gilliam was so mobile that he was used as a blocking tight end. That's what you want in the ZBS. We haven't drafted any statues that I've been aware of.

Cable's failures are better attributed to a variety of factors, such as:

* The ZBS taking a while to learn (the curve is not as easy as advertised)
    * Honest busts
    * Too much emphasis on versatility
    * Too much youth
    * Wilson being the league's most difficult QB to block for
    * Pete's scheme requiring lots of protection waiting for long-developing routes (how good did this OL look against the Eagles when Wilson wasn't waiting four seconds every play?)
    * Bad RB's
    * Injury

I think Cable has drafted and thrown too many career backups into starting positions in recent years (Odhiambo, Glowinski, Ifedi, Fant) to keep his job, personally. But this scheme mismatch business is kinda coming out of nowhere for this board.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Can you imagine Eli Manning trying to survive behind a Tom Cable Offensive line?
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• I listened to a radio interview on Tuesday with the Giants owner on New York radio and he very clearly said that they were looking to find a GM before they hired a coach and would only consider a coach first if the "perfect candidate came along." There was then a lengthy discussion about whether he was sorry he ever fired Coughlin and he said no as the Giants are now looking into the new fad of hiring a young coach. When asked about experience vs youth he was pretty clear in that the organization was leaning towards youth. So I don't buy Cable going to New York at all.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• NJlargent wrote:.... When asked about experience vs youth he was pretty clear in that the organization was leaning towards youth. So I don't buy Cable going to New York at all.

I don't have high hopes. We went through this 3 years ago also. He still has to ace the interview which IMO is about a 1 in 100 chance of happening.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Well, hell.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Even the Giants organization isnt dumb enough to hire him.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• There is no way in hell the Giants are hiring Tom Cable.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• This would be the greatest day in Seymour's life..............surpassing his marriage date, birth of his kids and 4th grade 3rd place finish in the school potato sack race.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Trying not to get my hopes up but it would be nice to be finally rid of the dead weight.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:There is no way in hell the Giants are hiring Tom Cable.

Dream killer! 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This would be amazing. Like the best Christmas present ever.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

• Maybe Bevell will get a interview then if looking for youth and to fix a struggling offense, Cable could be his OC.......................... And Assistant Head Coach.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The hot trend is going with young coaches. Tom Cable doesn't have a chance in hell to be the NYG head coach.

NYG will either hire a big name head coach, or a young guy. Cable is neither.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Just hours after the firing, Gruden was asked if he would be interested in the job and he didn't exactly shoot it down. The question came during the Steelers-Bengals game, when Gruden was in the booth with Sean McDonough for ESPN's Monday Night Football.

"The big topic of conversation ... Would Coach Gruden consider coming to the New York Giants?" McDonough said. "Your name comes up for every job."

Gruden then attempted to move the conversation forward by stiff-arming McDonough with a quick answer.
    "Don't believe half of that stuff you hear and read, Sean," Gruden said.

However, McDonough wasn't about to stop the conversation there, so he decided to ask a follow-up question.
    "Our producer saw somewhere the odds of you going to the Giants are [35-to-1]," McDonough said. "Would you take the over or the under on [35-to-1]?"

That's when Gruden said he might actually be interested in the job, but with one catch: The Giants would have to keep Eli Manning.

"I'll take the under on that if Eli comes back," Gruden said.

At 35-to-1 odds, it seems that even Gruden would bet on himself to take the Giants' job.
    The one interesting thing about Gruden is that he hasn't been so quick to shoot down the coaching rumors this year, which is a change from the past. For instance, in December 2016, Gruden was asked if he might return to the NFL and he was pretty clear with his answer, saying that he "had no intention of" returning to coaching.

This time around, it seems like he's at least leaving the door slightly open.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon- ... one-catch/
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Josea16 wrote:
    jmahon316 wrote:https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/12/6/16743230/seattle-seahawks-tom-cable-new-york-giants-bears-buccaneers-colts-assistant-coach

Even got support from Russell Okung...Could this finally be the chance to see him gone from the Seahawks sideline?

Please God make it so. Bevell I don't blame because he's following PC's dictates. Cable is responsible for an OL scheme rendered impossible because of the current blocking rules and CBA which is inexcusable.

The rules are completely different and specifically target what made Denver's version of the ZBS ridiculously awesome plus the cap and CBA currently in place.

As far as responsible for the OL scheme. Schneider has last word on drafting. Not cable
    "We Have 70 Dollars And A Pair Of Girls Underpants. We're Safe As Kittens I'm Telling You!"
    seahawksny
    NET Veteran

• I don't think the Giants are this dumb.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:I don't think the Giants are this dumb.

That stunt they pulled with Manning? I would say they are
    "We Have 70 Dollars And A Pair Of Girls Underpants. We're Safe As Kittens I'm Telling You!"
    seahawksny
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information