Tom Cable as NYG HC (rumors and speculation)

Josea16

Reaction score
jmahon316":2xelu7hp said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/12/6/16743230/seattle-seahawks-tom-cable-new-york-giants-bears-buccaneers-colts-assistant-coach

Even got support from Russell Okung...Could this finally be the chance to see him gone from the Seahawks sideline?
Please God make it so. Bevell I don't blame because he's following PC's dictates. Cable is responsible for an OL scheme rendered impossible because of the current blocking rules and CBA which is inexcusable.

The rules are completely different and specifically target what made Denver's version of the ZBS ridiculously awesome plus the cap and CBA currently in place.

BigMeach

Reaction score
What's that saying?

Careful what you wish for?

tacomahawk

Reaction score
He would be the best thing to ever happen to the Giants (In case anyone from their organization would really want or care about our opinion)

Really he would be the best Head Coach ever!

Really

Really it’s true

Really it’s not true, please for the love of all humanity, take him.

chris98251

Reaction score
He has been in the rumor mill for most jobs, I do think he interviewed for the job that McAdoo got though. He is a lot like Coughlin with his no nonsense approach and I am sure the Giants may like a Coach that has had continued success in the Seahawks and been a Head Coach before as in Oakland.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":2odll2ca said:
He has been in the rumor mill for most jobs, I do think he interviewed for the job that McAdoo got though. He is a lot like Coughlin with his no nonsense approach and I am sure the Giants may like a Coach that has had continued success in the Seahawks and been a Head Coach before as in Oakland.
One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately. He would work for the Giants because a Coughlin/Parcells type is a requirement for sustainable sucess in New York.

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":2b7foizv said:
chris98251":2b7foizv said:
One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately.

Ahhh thats where your going to fail Young Josea Walker, Cable is a teacher of the system sure, but he is here solely becasue Pete wants this system, Pete has to be convinced to drop it or find a better coach to execute it.

IrishNW

Reaction score
BigMeach":3esxcscm said:
What's that saying?

why do i have this gut feeling Tom Cable is going to be the best head coach from the Pete Carol coaching tree.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":2ffmbbbe said:
Josea16":2ffmbbbe said:
chris98251":2ffmbbbe said:
One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately.

Ahhh thats where your going to fail Young Josea Walker, Cable is a teacher of the system sure, but he is here solely becasue Pete wants this system, Pete has to be convinced to drop it or find a better coach to execute it.
Well, they better dump big money on the offense in general and specifically on the OL unless they prefer tilting at windmills? Seriously they draft all these guys that are power blockers and put them in a scheme that is impossible under the current rules and barely ever extend anybody? Pure clinical definition of insane.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":6qrlvdxi said:
Josea16":6qrlvdxi said:
chris98251":6qrlvdxi said:

There are several versions of the ZBS. For whatever reason, Cable seems to have far more issues getting things to click than other teams looking over the years here. Of course much of that is product selection (player) so for damn sure that won't be missed.

Josea16

Reaction score
IrishNW":1xjbd3ik said:
BigMeach":1xjbd3ik said:
What's that saying?

why do i have this gut feeling Tom Cable is going to be the best head coach from the Pete Carol coaching tree.
As long as it's in New England I'm good with it given your feeling is 100% wrong.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seymour":2einhwja said:
chris98251":2einhwja said:
Josea16":2einhwja said:
chris98251":2einhwja said:

There are several versions of the ZBS. For whatever reason, Cable seems to have far more issues getting things to click than other teams looking over the years here. Of course much of that is product selection (player) so for damn sure that won't be missed.
I didn't know that. Could you explain the different versions? And what Cable should be drafting because obviously it isn't working currently.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Josea16":2jj4eq8o said:
IrishNW":2jj4eq8o said:
BigMeach":2jj4eq8o said:
What's that saying?

As long as it's in New England I'm good with it given your feeling is 100% wrong.

well thats like your opinion man

Josea16

Reaction score
IrishNW":3nu5hw6u said:
Josea16":3nu5hw6u said:
IrishNW":3nu5hw6u said:
BigMeach":3nu5hw6u said:
What's that saying?

well thats like your opinion man
Yep, and I stand by it. Cable needs to go. Hopefully he punches Odell Beckham in the face for being a pussy. It'd be better if he screwed the Patriots and concussed Brady out of stupidity but I'll take the Giants being screwed longer anytime as consolation.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Josea16":1asanw6p said:
One can only hope so that we can dump the ZBS crap and become a dominate OL immediately. He would work for the Giants because a Coughlin/Parcells type is a requirement for sustainable sucess in New York.

1) We were ZBS before Cable. Remember the few-week-long stint we had with Alex Gibbs, the godfather of the ZBS?

2) It's "dominant", not "dominate".

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":1x145qxk said:
OH GOD PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!
I guess, if your objective is to see the Hawks slink back
To mediocrity.

Josea16

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1for1gcs said:
Josea16":1for1gcs said:

1) We were ZBS before Cable. Remember the few-week-long stint we had with Alex Gibbs, the godfather of the ZBS?

2) It's "dominant", not "dominate".
The High Lord Spelling Nazi corrected me. I feel honored IRo seriously. Honestly I wasn't paying attention until Russell Wilson came because then I knew beyond a doubt we got lucky and got franchise quarterback.

Franchise quarterback means playoffs and in the mix every year.