I made a bet tonight

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Please let me know what you think.
I live in Vikings country, so naturally they are fired up about their team. Well, I am fired up
about our team. So a bet had to be made. And it is this:
Essentially it comes down to which team goes further in the playoffs. I bet $100 with 3 individuals, so I have $300 on the line. The kicker is that since the Vikings are a game ahead in the standings at the time of this bet, it's all about the volume of wins in the playoffs. So let's say, for hypothetical purposes,the Hawks win a wild card game and then lose in the divisional round. If the Vikings, presuming they are a divisional winner, also lose in the divisional round, I would win the bet by way of the tie-breaker, which is based solely on playoff wins.

mikeak

Reaction score
Vikings are "guaranteed" to go to the playoffs. Seahawks are not so they definitely have a leg up

Still with counting standings I would say it is a fair bet

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I like your chances as long as Wilson is under center

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3tdj6zid said:
I live in Vikings country, so naturally they are fired up about their team. Well, I am fired up
Essentially it comes down to which team goes further in the playoffs. I bet $100 with 3 individuals, so I have $300 on the line. The kicker is that since the Vikings are a game ahead in the standings at the time of this bet, it's all about the volume of wins in the playoffs. So let's say, for hypothetical purposes,the Hawks win a wild card game and then lose in the divisional round. If the Vikings, presuming they are a divisional winner, also lose in the divisional round, I would win the bet by way of the tie-breaker, which is based solely on playoff wins.
Risky, I have a 20 dollar bet we beat Dallas with Dak and Zeke. I like your style sir. Big balls, yep really big balls. Vikings aren't bullshit even with Keenum.

adeltaY

Reaction score
What if the Seahawks win two playoff games and lose to the Vikings in the NFC championship and the Vikings lose the superbowl? Head-to-head tiebreaker gives your buddies the win?

RussB

Reaction score
If seahawks dont make it its gonna be the saints or vikings in the superbowl.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ivyttg1r said:

You better have rosary beads and do hail mary's and confessions and slaughter a goat, chicken, and a Kitty.

You used Vikings, Kicker and Hawks (Seahawks) in the same damn paragraph.

And where is he now!

original poster

Reaction score
Good luck!

I'd make that bet against any other team in the NFC, not so sure I'd make it against the Vikings, though!

Hope you win!

OP
OP
Siouxhawk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":2os4392t said:
What if the Seahawks win two playoff games and lose to the Vikings in the NFC championship and the Vikings lose the superbowl? Head-to-head tiebreaker gives your buddies the win?
Yes. Tie-breaker only comes into play in the division round basically. I just am banking on our playoff experience. I can realistically see Keemun crumbling in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Siouxhawk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1jwb4e4v said:
Siouxhawk":1jwb4e4v said:

You better have rosary beads and do hail mary's and confessions and slaughter a goat, chicken, and a Kitty.

You used Vikings, Kicker and Hawks (Seahawks) in the same damn paragraph.

And where is he now!
Haha. I'm hoping Blair had all his demons exorcised in the Skins game. Hoping.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Personal rule of mine. Never Ever Under ANY circumstances bet on the home team.

Really more for my mental health, and my poor family who has to deal with me after a loss....me after a loss that also cost me money!?! Oh boy.

(Story to help set the scene for you. After our first playoff loss to Atl (the big comeback only to get prevent defensed at the end) I immediately went to the garage, got my chain saw and cut down a tree in the back yard that had been needing to go for a while) Probably my most healthy form of anger purge.... I don't have any other problem trees tho.

mikeak

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1m2ll4p5 said:
Personal rule of mine. Never Ever Under ANY circumstances bet on the home team.

Really more for my mental health, and my poor family who has to deal with me after a loss....me after a loss that also cost me money!?! Oh boy.

(Story to help set the scene for you. After our first playoff loss to Atl (the big comeback only to get prevent defensed at the end) I immediately went to the garage, got my chain saw and cut down a tree in the back yard that had been needing to go for a while) Probably my most healthy form of anger purge.... I don't have any other problem trees tho.

LOL at story

I agree. I have sometimes bet against my team to "pre-treat" anger that would come from a loss. Not a lot but either way I have the Yes they won or well at least I won some money feeling afterwards......... just takes the highs and lows out.

BUT I don't bet on either NC State or Seahawks for this very reason - doubles the feeling of loss plus I am not impartial. Just like last week when I picked the Rams to lose in our office pool. It would have helped the Seahawks so seemed like a good pick..........

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's a lock. The Vikings will crash and burn come playoff time.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":a9ca9eqv said:
It's a lock. The Vikings will crash and burn come playoff time.

I wouldn't do it cause of my post above.... but at some point Kase Keenum is going to turn back into a pumpkin. I have no doubt about that.