Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I made a bet tonight

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
I made a bet tonight
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 pm
  • Please let me know what you think.
    I live in Vikings country, so naturally they are fired up about their team. Well, I am fired up
    about our team. So a bet had to be made. And it is this:
    Essentially it comes down to which team goes further in the playoffs. I bet $100 with 3 individuals, so I have $300 on the line. The kicker is that since the Vikings are a game ahead in the standings at the time of this bet, it's all about the volume of wins in the playoffs. So let's say, for hypothetical purposes,the Hawks win a wild card game and then lose in the divisional round. If the Vikings, presuming they are a divisional winner, also lose in the divisional round, I would win the bet by way of the tie-breaker, which is based solely on playoff wins.
    Please let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Siouxhawk on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: I made a bet tonight
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm
  • Vikings are "guaranteed" to go to the playoffs. Seahawks are not so they definitely have a leg up

Still with counting standings I would say it is a fair bet
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm
  • Thank you Mike. I thought so too.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:02 pm
  • Yeah you should have took odds on that since it is so late in the year.

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 pm
  • I like your chances as long as Wilson is under center

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 pm
  • Siouxhawk wrote:Please let me know what you think.
    I live in Vikings country, so naturally they are fired up about their team. Well, I am fired up
    Essentially it comes down to which team goes further in the playoffs. I bet $100 with 3 individuals, so I have $300 on the line. The kicker is that since the Vikings are a game ahead in the standings at the time of this bet, it's all about the volume of wins in the playoffs. So let's say, for hypothetical purposes,the Hawks win a wild card game and then lose in the divisional round. If the Vikings, presuming they are a divisional winner, also lose in the divisional round, I would win the bet by way of the tie-breaker, which is based solely on playoff wins.

Risky, I have a 20 dollar bet we beat Dallas with Dak and Zeke. I like your style sir. Big balls, yep really big balls. Vikings aren't bullshit even with Keenum.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:49 pm
  • What if the Seahawks win two playoff games and lose to the Vikings in the NFC championship and the Vikings lose the superbowl? Head-to-head tiebreaker gives your buddies the win?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm
  • If seahawks dont make it its gonna be the saints or vikings in the superbowl.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:12 am

You better have rosary beads and do hail mary's and confessions and slaughter a goat, chicken, and a Kitty.

You used Vikings, Kicker and Hawks (Seahawks) in the same damn paragraph.

And where is he now!

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:57 am
  • Good luck!

I'd make that bet against any other team in the NFC, not so sure I'd make it against the Vikings, though!

Hope you win!
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:47 am
  • adeltaY wrote:What if the Seahawks win two playoff games and lose to the Vikings in the NFC championship and the Vikings lose the superbowl? Head-to-head tiebreaker gives your buddies the win?

Yes. Tie-breaker only comes into play in the division round basically. I just am banking on our playoff experience. I can realistically see Keemun crumbling in the playoffs.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:Please let me know what you think.

You better have rosary beads and do hail mary's and confessions and slaughter a goat, chicken, and a Kitty.

You used Vikings, Kicker and Hawks (Seahawks) in the same damn paragraph.

And where is he now!

Haha. I'm hoping Blair had all his demons exorcised in the Skins game. Hoping.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:24 am
  • Personal rule of mine. Never Ever Under ANY circumstances bet on the home team.

Really more for my mental health, and my poor family who has to deal with me after a loss....me after a loss that also cost me money!?! Oh boy.

(Story to help set the scene for you. After our first playoff loss to Atl (the big comeback only to get prevent defensed at the end) I immediately went to the garage, got my chain saw and cut down a tree in the back yard that had been needing to go for a while) Probably my most healthy form of anger purge.... I don't have any other problem trees tho.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:Personal rule of mine. Never Ever Under ANY circumstances bet on the home team.

Really more for my mental health, and my poor family who has to deal with me after a loss....me after a loss that also cost me money!?! Oh boy.

(Story to help set the scene for you. After our first playoff loss to Atl (the big comeback only to get prevent defensed at the end) I immediately went to the garage, got my chain saw and cut down a tree in the back yard that had been needing to go for a while) Probably my most healthy form of anger purge.... I don't have any other problem trees tho.

LOL at story

I agree. I have sometimes bet against my team to "pre-treat" anger that would come from a loss. Not a lot but either way I have the Yes they won or well at least I won some money feeling afterwards......... just takes the highs and lows out.

BUT I don't bet on either NC State or Seahawks for this very reason - doubles the feeling of loss plus I am not impartial. Just like last week when I picked the Rams to lose in our office pool. It would have helped the Seahawks so seemed like a good pick..........
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Your probably going to be grabbing for your wallet.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 pm
  • It's a lock. The Vikings will crash and burn come playoff time.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:12 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:It's a lock. The Vikings will crash and burn come playoff time.

I wouldn't do it cause of my post above.... but at some point Kase Keenum is going to turn back into a pumpkin. I have no doubt about that.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information