Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jalen Ramsey: Stop Hyping Seahawks Up, Baldwin only "Good"

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• He also had this to say recently:

Would love to see us crush them Sunday. I respect the Jaguar's defense, but it seems like especially Ramsey seems to lack that common respect most pros give other teams. I can't even picture Sherman talking like this. He may have had his rants but he mostly respected his quality opponents
    Scorpion05
    NET Starter

• Scorpion05 wrote:

He also had this to say recently:

Would love to see us crush them Sunday. I respect the Jaguar's defense, but it seems like especially Ramsey seems to lack that common respect most pros give other teams. I can't even picture Sherman talking like this. He may have had his rants but he mostly respected his quality opponents

Trent Williams can.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• The difference I see is that Sherman trash talks everyone on the field. He doesn't care who they are for him it's part of the game.

On this one though, the quote about Baldwin not being "Fitzgerald" is quite true. Baldwin plays the game differently. He may never see the numbers Fitz has seen, but that isn't how our system works. Either way, he's shown himself able to beat some of the best corner's in the game and I'm sure he'll make his plays this week as well.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I know Baldwin is no Fitz. Although, he's criminally underrated

Jalen is no Richard Sherman either. Bortles is no Wentz or Russ. But you will very likely here pretty much everyone on our team talk about how good the Jags are

As for the Trent Williams thing, even with the Crabtree thing Sherman tried to shake his hand. Jalen just seems to make it more personal and lacks respect for his opponents. When Sherman trash talked Brady, it's because Brady said "See us after the game when we win." Brady's a known trash talker
    Scorpion05
    NET Starter

• Scorpion05 wrote:
    As for the Trent Williams thing, even with the Crabtree thing Sherman tried to shake his hand. Jalen just seems to make it more personal and lacks respect for his opponents. When Sherman trash talked Brady, it's because Brady said "See us after the game when we win." Brady's a known trash talker

not disagreeing with the top parts, so I left them out, but Sherman doesn't trash talk out of any "response to other players' words"...Richard Sherman trash talks because for him it's part of the game. He may have toned it down recently (I haven't heard him mic'd up in awhile) but in years past he was always spouting off on his opponents. He's come out and said that they know he isn't disrespecting anyone, and that he does it as a form of gamesmanship on the field.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• JR looks and speaks like an uneducated fool that does not know how to talk or express, but does have talent. Look at the way this guy answers his questions.
    Sherman on the other hand speaks intellegentlly and plays smart.
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

• This is the best possible thing to happen. Baldwins going to have a fire lit Sunday.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• pittpnthrs wrote:This is the best possible thing to happen. Baldwins going to have a fire lit Sunday.

He was going to have his fire lit anyway. At least he should have.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• He's a moron if he actually thinks Baldwin is just a good WR. But, talk is cheap.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Baldwin has burned better corners; it will happen again. Sherman is a Stanford grad, majoring in communication, I would expect him to come off more articulate. I think the jags will put up a good fight, but in the end, they will lose.
    Hawksfan78
    NET Rookie

• Ramsey might be the best corner in the league. He is a prick though, thats why AJ green strangled him. Hope baldwin beat him for a TD would be an epic serving of crow.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• Awesome. Give the Hawks a little extra ammo.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Let's do this!!
    Attachments
    bring-it-on-800x800.jpg
    bring-it-on-800x800.jpg (80.17 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Anyone catch the monologue Ramsey had about how AJ Green? It was definitely something

I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Better than Sherman ever was? :34853_doh:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• northseahawk wrote:JR looks and speaks like an uneducated fool that does not know how to talk or express, but does have talent. Look at the way this guy answers his questions.
    Sherman on the other hand speaks intellegentlly and plays smart.

It's been proven, without a shadow of a doubt, intelligence isn't required to play football. Chris Carter, Heath Evans, Sean Sailsbury, Michael Vick, Joe Namath, Jerramy Stevens, Pacman Jones, Ray Rice, Burfict, Gronk, LaGarrette Blount, Malik McDowell, etc. The list is long and still growing.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:Ramsey might be the best corner in the league. He is a prick though, thats why AJ green strangled him. Hope baldwin beat him for a TD would be an epic serving of crow.

Ill take Xavier Rhodes over almost any other CB this year. He shut down Julio last week and made him look, dare I say, PEDESTRIAN :lol:

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote: I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something..

pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• Seems like a douche but he is elite. I'm sure i probably would have similar things about Sherm if he didnt play for us.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Ramsey is a great player and in some ways it is exactly what Jacksonville needs. They have been a whipping boy for so long I think they need someone like Ramsey to give them a bit of swagger and make other teams pay attention. He is an outstanding cornerback and definitely one of the top 5 corners in the league. In a couple years he will probably be the best. He probably takes his trash talk a bit too far but I think he will tone it down in a year or two as he matures.

But I think Baldwin will make him look stupid a couple times this game. He will dead leg him and leave Jalen searching for his jock. And hopefully Baldwin can goad him into a personal foul or two.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

• WilsonMVP wrote:
    RussB wrote:Ramsey might be the best corner in the league. He is a prick though, thats why AJ green strangled him. Hope baldwin beat him for a TD would be an epic serving of crow.

Ill take Xavier Rhodes over almost any other CB this year. He shut down Julio last week and made him look, dare I say, PEDESTRIAN :lol:

Xavier rhodes too. I cant decide whos better him or ramsey. Ramsey is just a freak athlete and can lock anyone down. Rhodes literally takes guys out of the game probably the hardest guy to beat in coverage.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:Ramsey might be the best corner in the league. He is a prick though, thats why AJ green strangled him. Hope baldwin beat him for a TD would be an epic serving of crow.

Hope Doug beats him for a TD and does his poop celebration.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• I'm sorry but I cant take man serious when he acts like this. Talk about "SWAG" rofl
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:
    adeltaY wrote: I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something..

Yeah, you're probably right. I think he could end up being better in a couple years. They're both elite though. On Rhodes, if you watch his matchup with Julio, Julio was getting separation pretty consistently, but Ryan was missing him. It's frustrating because he seemed to hit every pass even when Julio wasn't open against our guys, but the Minnesota defense seemed to have him completely confused. Then again, IDK if there's anyone in the league that can stick Julio.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Anyone catch the monologue Ramsey had about how AJ Green? It was definitely something

I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.

I disagree. Plus Ramsey wears ugly hats.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Anyone catch the monologue Ramsey had about how AJ Green? It was definitely something

Yea but ya kinda have to give him a pass on the hat, it’s not like he can wear a Seahawk hat while he’s still in their facility.

:{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Anyone catch the monologue Ramsey had about how AJ Green? It was definitely something

They both get their heads turned around, so I guess it's a wash? :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• You can see the fear in his eyes. Russell Wilson is about to punk you.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was,

We're all waiting for your argument. NONE of Ramsey's stats are as good as Sherman's first couple years. (Not cherry-picking Sherman's stats, it's just that Ramsey hasn't finished his second season yet, and good CBs gain notoriety and start getting targeted less, so it's more accurate.)

But, I'm waiting on your argument.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Seriously, this guy is trying to punk Baldwin and Wilson? Watch Baldwin embarrass this punk and break his ankles. Just good? Really? Baldwin is probably at Largent level or damn well a sliver hair behind dummy. Precise routes are his game young fool.

He's just pedestrian though trust me.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was,

We're all waiting for your argument. NONE of Ramsey's stats are as good as Sherman's first couple years. (Not cherry-picking Sherman's stats, it's just that Ramsey hasn't finished his second season yet, and good CBs gain notoriety and start getting targeted less, so it's more accurate.)

Yeah, I was wrong, he's not there yet, but I think he'll get there. I'm not sure how to find passer rating allowed stats, but Ramsey is allowing a 52.7 rating this year. It's hard to find these stats so I'm trying to piece them together. PFF says Sherm has allowed a 60.2 passer rating since 2014, but I known his best years were 2012-2014, so I'm sure it was lower then.

Film is subjective, but Ramsey seems like he's got the physicality and is definitely a superior athlete to Sherman. Once he further improves his technique and learns more of the nuances of the game.... watch out. This is no knock on Sherman, I'd rather have him than Ramsey (high first rounder) because he was a fifth round pick who was the best corner in the league for a while. Also, he's pretty cool.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:

Ramsey is very good. Hes big , physical, and is fast as well. Guy is a dominant corner. Might be the best in the league, sherman i obviously past his prime but still top 5. Ramsey is already on the level sherman was in his prime to me thats no disprespect hes just that good.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.

And that doesn't even include his 2012 and 2013 seasons which were statistically his best, with 16 interceptions, and a QB rating against of 41.1 and 47.3 when targeted (both comfortably the best rates in the league).

5 years at the top. Few corners EVER can lay claim to have been that dominant. Ramsey is nowhere near it yet, and Baldwin can and has trashed every cornerback he goes up against
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• RussB wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Ramsey is very good. Hes big , physical, and is fast as well. Guy is a dominant corner. Might be the best in the league, sherman i obviously past his prime but still top 5. Ramsey is already on the level sherman was in his prime to me thats no disprespect hes just that good.

Does Ramsey tackle? Because I judge corners on their full set of skills. While Deion Sanders was probably the greatest cover guy in the history of the NFL, he wasn't just a terrible tackler, he was an embarrassment. That's why I would take Sherman every day over any CB.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• This kid doesn't understand what an angry Doug is. He is about to see that up close and personal. I can't wait to see him shaken out of his shoes. This is exactly the shit that fires our team up . I'm so happy this happened!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• I hope he gets absolutely served.

I'd imagine Doug will be operating predominantly from the slot, think JR is strictly at outside guy?
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• adeltaY wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:

They both get their heads turned around, so I guess it's a wash? :mrgreen:

They do. If wouldn’t call it a wash though. Sherms been doing it longer.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Im not going to hold it against him. Ramsey has that same bravado and confidence that Sherman had pre-Super Bowl title. If JR were a Seahawk he would certainly be fan favorite I think even with his attitude and trash talk.

Plus there is no denying it. The guy is an elite shutdown corner.
    Last edited by 12thbrah on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

• Doug can beat ANY corner in the league, period.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• We loved the same attitude and swagger Sherm had, you want your players to be confident. Especially if they can back it up. Though no CB really put up the numbers Richard did over that 6 year period, he needs to have a couple more seasons at this same caliber of play.

That said, I hope Doug makes him look stupid this weekend.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Ask Josh Norman if Doug is an average or just good WR? He flat out OWNED him on that should have been winning TD. Made him look stupid.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:We loved the same attitude and swagger Sherm had, you want your players to be confident. Especially if they can back it up. Though no CB really put up the numbers Richard did over that 6 year period, he needs to have a couple more seasons at this same caliber of play.

That said, I hope Doug makes him look stupid this weekend.

This. You made my point better than I did. LOL.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Seanhawk wrote:
    RussB wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Does Ramsey tackle? Because I judge corners on their full set of skills. While Deion Sanders was probably the greatest cover guy in the history of the NFL, he wasn't just a terrible tackler, he was an embarrassment. That's why I would take Sherman every day over any CB.

Tackling is one of his strengths. He played safety and corner at FSU. Hes a complete corner just like sherman.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• This ignorant fool might not even play Sunday! Listed as Questionable.
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

• northseahawk wrote:This ignorant fool might not even play Sunday! Listed as Questionable.

Pretty sure that was in reference to his opinion.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.

And that doesn't even include his 2012 and 2013 seasons which were statistically his best, with 16 interceptions, and a QB rating against of 41.1 and 47.3 when targeted (both comfortably the best rates in the league).

5 years at the top. Few corners EVER can lay claim to have been that dominant. Ramsey is nowhere near it yet, and Baldwin can and has trashed every cornerback he goes up against

Exactly. Norman is a very good corner and Baldwin dominated him on a few plays. People saying Ramsey is better than Sherman was in his prime is utterly ridiculous.
    GOHAWKS

CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    stizz19
    NET Rookie

• In what world is he better than Sherm EVER WAS? :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Scorpion05 wrote:I know Baldwin is no Fitz. Although, he's criminally underrated

Jalen is no Richard Sherman either. Bortles is no Wentz or Russ. But you will very likely here pretty much everyone on our team talk about how good the Jags are

Sean Payton and Drew Brees are fans of Richard Sherman, and you know he talked trash during the games.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-sa ... ompliments

Only the feeble minded cant separate the trash talk from the man.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

• Can or did anybody tweet JR comments to DB? I don't do twitter. :stirthepot:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• I don't think he said anything too worthy of the bulletin board. He was right about the media "hyping" people. We see it all the time. They even hype teams. What he said about Baldwin isn't false. He isn't Fitz and probably never will be. That doesn't make Doug bad.

That being said, RW is one of the most generous QBs playing. He distributes his passes to many receivers every game. That alone will eliminate Ramsey from having any large impact on this game.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information