Jalen Ramsey: Stop Hyping Seahawks Up, Baldwin only "Good"

Scorpion05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MadeByTim/status/938530544639512576[/tweet]

He also had this to say recently:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/938543691911675904[/tweet]

Would love to see us crush them Sunday. I respect the Jaguar's defense, but it seems like especially Ramsey seems to lack that common respect most pros give other teams. I can't even picture Sherman talking like this. He may have had his rants but he mostly respected his quality opponents

Seymour

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2ffzc51x said:
He also had this to say recently:

Would love to see us crush them Sunday. I respect the Jaguar's defense, but it seems like especially Ramsey seems to lack that common respect most pros give other teams. I can't even picture Sherman talking like this. He may have had his rants but he mostly respected his quality opponents

Trent Williams can.

original.gif

kidhawk

Reaction score
The difference I see is that Sherman trash talks everyone on the field. He doesn't care who they are for him it's part of the game.

On this one though, the quote about Baldwin not being "Fitzgerald" is quite true. Baldwin plays the game differently. He may never see the numbers Fitz has seen, but that isn't how our system works. Either way, he's shown himself able to beat some of the best corner's in the game and I'm sure he'll make his plays this week as well.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I know Baldwin is no Fitz. Although, he's criminally underrated

Jalen is no Richard Sherman either. Bortles is no Wentz or Russ. But you will very likely here pretty much everyone on our team talk about how good the Jags are

As for the Trent Williams thing, even with the Crabtree thing Sherman tried to shake his hand. Jalen just seems to make it more personal and lacks respect for his opponents. When Sherman trash talked Brady, it's because Brady said "See us after the game when we win." Brady's a known trash talker

kidhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2b7t4ji5 said:
As for the Trent Williams thing, even with the Crabtree thing Sherman tried to shake his hand. Jalen just seems to make it more personal and lacks respect for his opponents. When Sherman trash talked Brady, it's because Brady said "See us after the game when we win." Brady's a known trash talker

not disagreeing with the top parts, so I left them out, but Sherman doesn't trash talk out of any "response to other players' words"...Richard Sherman trash talks because for him it's part of the game. He may have toned it down recently (I haven't heard him mic'd up in awhile) but in years past he was always spouting off on his opponents. He's come out and said that they know he isn't disrespecting anyone, and that he does it as a form of gamesmanship on the field.

northseahawk

Reaction score
JR looks and speaks like an uneducated fool that does not know how to talk or express, but does have talent. Look at the way this guy answers his questions.
Sherman on the other hand speaks intellegentlly and plays smart.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This is the best possible thing to happen. Baldwins going to have a fire lit Sunday.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":j5gqvujf said:
This is the best possible thing to happen. Baldwins going to have a fire lit Sunday.

He was going to have his fire lit anyway. At least he should have.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Baldwin has burned better corners; it will happen again. Sherman is a Stanford grad, majoring in communication, I would expect him to come off more articulate. I think the jags will put up a good fight, but in the end, they will lose.

RussB

Reaction score
Ramsey might be the best corner in the league. He is a prick though, thats why AJ green strangled him. Hope baldwin beat him for a TD would be an epic serving of crow.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Let's do this!!

Attachments

• bring-it-on-800x800.jpg
    bring-it-on-800x800.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 3,590

adeltaY

Reaction score
Anyone catch the monologue Ramsey had about how AJ Green? It was definitely something

[youtube]rLJQ45gETqI[/youtube]

I hope Doug can get some good grabs on him, but it'll be really tough. I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something. He's just far more athletically gifted and is still learning the nuances of the game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
northseahawk":1mwm55te said:
JR looks and speaks like an uneducated fool that does not know how to talk or express, but does have talent. Look at the way this guy answers his questions.
Sherman on the other hand speaks intellegentlly and plays smart.

It's been proven, without a shadow of a doubt, intelligence isn't required to play football. Chris Carter, Heath Evans, Sean Sailsbury, Michael Vick, Joe Namath, Jerramy Stevens, Pacman Jones, Ray Rice, Burfict, Gronk, LaGarrette Blount, Malik McDowell, etc. The list is long and still growing.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RussB":3jxob17y said:
Ramsey might be the best corner in the league. He is a prick though, thats why AJ green strangled him. Hope baldwin beat him for a TD would be an epic serving of crow.

Ill take Xavier Rhodes over almost any other CB this year. He shut down Julio last week and made him look, dare I say, PEDESTRIAN :lol:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
adeltaY":5654te10 said:
I'd argue that Ramsey is already better than Sherman ever was, and that's saying something..

Giphy

getnasty

Reaction score
Seems like a douche but he is elite. I'm sure i probably would have similar things about Sherm if he didnt play for us.

drcool

Reaction score
Ramsey is a great player and in some ways it is exactly what Jacksonville needs. They have been a whipping boy for so long I think they need someone like Ramsey to give them a bit of swagger and make other teams pay attention. He is an outstanding cornerback and definitely one of the top 5 corners in the league. In a couple years he will probably be the best. He probably takes his trash talk a bit too far but I think he will tone it down in a year or two as he matures.

But I think Baldwin will make him look stupid a couple times this game. He will dead leg him and leave Jalen searching for his jock. And hopefully Baldwin can goad him into a personal foul or two.