2017 WALTER PAYTON NFL MAN OF THE YEAR NOMINEES

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think about this award anymore. I'm sure there are some but I haven't heard of any players that do something every week like going to the Children's Hospital. Russ has been doing that since he's been here and to me that is pretty significant.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Couple of former Hawks in Clinton McDonald and Bruce Irvin got nods from their teams as well.

I like them putting Bennett up. He has done a lot of tireless work in the field of social justice, as well as reaching across to those who disagree with him on matters to better understand their side as well. He has also done a lot for Veteran causes.

Good choice. Of course, Russ would've been too.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":35rf2uh2 said:
Couple of former Hawks in Clinton McDonald and Bruce Irvin got nods from their teams as well.

I like them putting Bennett up. He has done a lot of tireless work in the field of social justice, as well as reaching across to those who disagree with him on matters to better understand their side as well. He has also done a lot for Veteran causes.

Good choice. Of course, Russ would've been too.

I think Russ was nominated fairly recently.

No way Bennett wins considering the current climate even if he is the most deserving.

The above message nods towards the political but wishes to stay away from it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This award is so subjective that it's left a sour taste for me. Cliff Avril not being a finalist last season did it for me. That was a total shame.

kobebryant

Reaction score
^^^

Exactly. Who is to say that someone's charitable and community involvement is any better than the next persons. The majority of NFL players do way more in this realm than the average citizen, so they all are to be applauded - the smiles that they can put on kid's faces, what they do with their platforms to help with fundraising etc.

As a big Bennett fan I would love to see him win, even if only for the reactions in the twitter feeds.