Can Shead play this Weekend

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
Can he be activated to the 53 man roster this weekend ?? If not it would be wonderful to have him against the Rams ...

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe he "could" but I doubt that he will. They're flying out today. Let's see if he's even on the plane.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If he just started practicing, that means he's at least 2-3 weeks away from playing............especially coming off a major injury having missed the entire camp and season.

I do know we have to make a decision to activate him or shut him down in the next two weeks. So my guess is Pete's gonna run him hard the next couple of weeks and see how he responds.

Hopefully well, having Shead back for the last couple of games and hopefully playoffs would be huge.

razor150

Reaction score
They aren't even sure if he'll even play this season yet, so no he won't be there for the Rams. Him practicing now just means that he has a decent shot at playing this season, not that it will be soon.

kidhawk

Reaction score
razor150":z4rpa600 said:
They aren't even sure if he'll even play this season yet, so no he won't be there for the Rams. Him practicing now just means that he has a decent shot at playing this season, not that it will be soon.

They only have a few weeks to make a decision on him, so bringing him back now means they feel he'll play this season, but as stated further up the thread, Pete will likely want to give him some time to practice with the guys and get ready for actual NFL games, so this week is almost impossible, and next week against the Rams is unlikely, but the week after is a strong possibility

mistaowen

Reaction score
Depth would be nice but I'm happy with who is out there now. Coleman has deservedly won the slot over Lane, Maxwell has been playing pretty well. If needed Jeremy Lane can go out there and give up a couple easy passes.

HawkerD

Reaction score
mistaowen":3s0wj9u3 said:
Depth would be nice but I'm happy with who is out there now. Coleman has deservedly won the slot over Lane, Maxwell has been playing pretty well. If needed Jeremy Lane can go out there and give up a couple easy passes.
At best, and highly unlikely, Shead can only be as good as he was the day he was injured. That being said, Shaq, BMax and Coleman are the best DB's we have. Now given that Shead is likely to be 70-80% right now, there is no way he even gets on the field. IMO Shead was never that great as a corner. He is depth at best and I can see him being replaced by Thorpe and/or Elliot (depending on Elliots recovery) next year.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkerD":l9cqrs1l said:
mistaowen":l9cqrs1l said:
At best, and highly unlikely, Shead can only be as good as he was the day he was injured. That being said, Shaq, BMax and Coleman are the best DB's we have. Now given that Shead is likely to be 70-80% right now, there is no way he even gets on the field. IMO Shead was never that great as a corner. He is depth at best and I can see him being replaced by Thorpe and/or Elliot (depending on Elliots recovery) next year.
Uhhh, no. Shaq, Max, and Coleman may be our best CBs, but as long as he's healthy ETIII is our best DB. ;)