We're going to blow out the Jags

Mindsink

Reaction score
Seriously. This will be a game where the Jags get exposed on offense (they're one-dimensional) and it gets out of hand. I would not be surprised to see a 40-burger, as we run it up in the 2nd half as Bortles starts throwing picks.

Their defense is not prepared for what Wilson is about to unleash. Their stout defensive line will be rendered irrelevant because Russell KNOWS how to play on the run with pass rushers on his tail. I said the same thing about the Eagles last week. Doesn't matter how good your D-line is because EVERY D-line looks great vs our O-line.

The D-line will be gassed and the secondary will not know what to do against the extended plays they'll be forced to defend.

I see a 41-6 type of game. It will be a shellacking.

Anyone else think so?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think you are severely underrating their Defense. Our best chance of winning this game is holding the Jags to 14 or less points. Jags D is the best Defense in the NFL and they will blow our O-line apart. Even with Wilson's magic, he's going to have to have no mistakes and make some miracles.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I could be dead wrong but I see a close low scoring game. ...though I would be thrilled if the OP is correct.

OP
OP
Mindsink

Mindsink

Reaction score
HawkFan72":lgcre4pn said:
I think you are severely underrating their Defense. Our best chance of winning this game is holding the Jags to 14 or less points. Jags D is the best Defense in the NFL and they will blow our O-line apart. Even with Wilson's magic, he's going to have to have no mistakes and make some miracles.

That's my point. Everyone blows our O-line apart. Their strength will be negated. Wilson will make plays while running for his life, like usual.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Mindsink":22hmhmk9 said:
HawkFan72":22hmhmk9 said:

That's my point. Everyone blows our O-line apart. Their strength will be negated. Wilson will make plays while running for his life, like usual.

You have a point there. We are used to seeing guys in the backfield.

OP
OP
Mindsink

Mindsink

Reaction score
Also consider the fact that they just played three consecutive games vs the Browns, Cards, and Colts. They're in for a shock.

And, Fournette has been held in check the last two games, averaging less than 3 ypc.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mindsink":my6lnvbh said:
HawkFan72":my6lnvbh said:

He'll need to make them in biblical proportions to put up 41 on the #1 D.

We don't match up well with their D since their bigger "weakness" is also ours (run game).

Mojambo

Reaction score
I could see it if Seattle jumps out to a 10 or 14 point lead early. They are not built to play from behind.

But I don't think Seattle is going to take the kind of chances on offense it would take to build an early lead.

SE174

Reaction score
Given our D's performance against Philly, a significantly better offense...

Wilson & co vs Jags D >>>> Bortles & co vs Hawks D.

20-10 Hawks.

Gusbusser

Reaction score
No offense but this is exactly how we hope the Hawks feel. Especially coming off a big win. As a Jags fan I know how good this team is. I would say completely unbiased that I would take Ramsey over any corner in the league. Including Patrick Peterson. Dante Fowler was a 3rd overall pick and he isn't even a starter despite what he's done all year. Ngakoue has become a strip/sack hero. AJ Bouye is probably one of the most forgotten names and the dude is leading the Pro Bowl votes in the AFC. Even over Ramsey at #2. Hell, our mayor came in today and named Calais the mayor of our defense. Between Telvin Smith and Myles Jack we have so much speed in the middle it's crazy.

The Jags offense lost Allen Robinson and Hurns has been battling injuries so we're playing with 2 rookies and Marqise Lee. Fournette pounds the ball and will go out of his way for contact. The guy plays like Marshawn Lynch. When he needs a rest they send out Chris Ivory and keep pounding it. Bortles has improved drastically this season. He is extremely mobile and will take off. He ran for two TDs against the Cards. The coaches have incorporated anything they can this year to roll him out and to get him on the move.

Don't surprised to see our special teams try and pull one over too. It's been a theme all year. Fake punts and we even tried an onside kick randomly. Marrone isn't afraid to be creative.

Hope it's a fun game with no injuries.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gus, no way in hell the Hawks are taking the Jags lightly. In fact, they are very aware that this game is gonna' be a snot knocker. I would jump on the Under if I was betting in Vegas. Both teams will likely have a hard time putting up points. If the Hawks keep it close in the 4th, I really love our chances with Russ. Can't say I would be very confident in Bortles that's for sure. But, props to your coaching staff and front office for putting together a damn good team. One that you could see was ready to finally take the next step. This game is a huge measuring stick for them, I suspect they will be extremely fired up to play the Hawks.

16-13 Hawks. And I wouldn't be shocked if it was 13-9, something like that.

Shaz

Reaction score
We're not blowing out the Jags, I believe we will win but by no more than a TD at the most

Seymour

Reaction score
Don Johnson called, he wants his shades back. :twisted:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
9-6 Seahawks and that will be on a TD and safety as I don't trust Walsh to drill 3 FG's.

rossob

Reaction score
I don't think we will blow the Jags put either. Besides the fact that being a bit better on the Dline than the Eagles can make the difference between Wilson escaping and getting sacked, Russell wil have to play against a secondary thats a lot better too. I don't have a clue how you think he will just blow that D out. Our best chance to score a lot is stuffing their running game and making Bortles throw some picks or get some fumbles.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, there were people on here saying that the Eagles were gonna' put up a 30 or 40 burger on the Hawks :?

Fade

Reaction score
If the Seahawks are aggressive in the 1st qtr like they were in the Eagles game I could see it. If Pete reverts back to playing scared then it will be a typical frustrating Seahawks game where Russ has to bail him out in the 4th qtr again.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Gusbusser":2u7scy3w said:
No offense but this is exactly how we hope the Hawks feel. Especially coming off a big win. As a Jags fan I know how good this team is. I would say completely unbiased that I would take Ramsey over any corner in the league. Including Patrick Peterson. Dante Fowler was a 3rd overall pick and he isn't even a starter despite what he's done all year. Ngakoue has become a strip/sack hero. AJ Bouye is probably one of the most forgotten names and the dude is leading the Pro Bowl votes in the AFC. Even over Ramsey at #2. Hell, our mayor came in today and named Calais the mayor of our defense. Between Telvin Smith and Myles Jack we have so much speed in the middle it's crazy.

The Jags offense lost Allen Robinson and Hurns has been battling injuries so we're playing with 2 rookies and Marqise Lee. Fournette pounds the ball and will go out of his way for contact. The guy plays like Marshawn Lynch. When he needs a rest they send out Chris Ivory and keep pounding it. Bortles has improved drastically this season. He is extremely mobile and will take off. He ran for two TDs against the Cards. The coaches have incorporated anything they can this year to roll him out and to get him on the move.

Don't surprised to see our special teams try and pull one over too. It's been a theme all year. Fake punts and we even tried an onside kick randomly. Marrone isn't afraid to be creative.

Hope it's a fun game with no injuries.

If Patrick Peterson is your bar for top CBs then the bar is low. He's not a top 5 CB anymore. Hasn't been for awhile now. He is quite overrated though.