Carson probably on the shelf for the year

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sad news. I was hoping to see him back for the playoffs at least. Come back strong for '18 Chris.

Seymour

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2kbo77ff said:
Sad news. I was hoping to see him back for the playoffs at least. Come back strong for '18 Chris.

He's not done for the year for sure. Pete just said there was a setback and didn't expand much on that. Sounds like it is still possible by last game or post season he has a shot the way I heard it.

The word "probably" should "probably" not be in the thread title.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Aww man. Best not to rush him back and hurt his chances at bouncing back next year though.

OP
OP
M

Mojambo

Reaction score
Seymour":16u3gl8u said:
West TX Hawk":16u3gl8u said:

He's not done for the year for sure. Pete just said there was a setback and didn't expand much on that. Sounds like it is still possible by last game or post season he has a shot the way I heard it.

Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters on Friday that RB Chris Carson suffered a setback after he turned his ankle, per Bob Condotta. According to Carroll, Carson is likely a longshot to return at any point this season.

Not impossible, but I think "probably" is still appropriate based on what Condotta is reporting.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mojambo":2uj4o413 said:
Seymour":2uj4o413 said:
West TX Hawk":2uj4o413 said:

Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters on Friday that RB Chris Carson suffered a setback after he turned his ankle, per Bob Condotta. According to Carroll, Carson is likely a longshot to return at any point this season.

Not impossible, but I think "probably" is still appropriate based on what Condotta is reporting.

I didn't hear longshot. I heard "we will take next week and see" though.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
adeltaY":2gs08adp said:
Aww man. Best not to rush him back and hurt his chances at bouncing back next year though.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Let him heal up in time for next year. The one thing I was really looking forward to if Carson were to return this year was the hopeful release of Rawls.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Probably not a good idea to rush him back. Let him be healed and ready to go by TC next season. Didn't they rush Rawls back after his injury in 2015 and he has been largely ineffective since then.

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete likes to sugarcoat, so allow me to translate: There is zero chance that Carson returns this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishNW

Reaction score
Well on the bright side, if Carson does not come back this season Pete will be less inclined to revert to his old ways.

Obviously I would rather have Carson added to the mix but this is one less temptation for Pete.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Just as well, let him sit. Even if he came back, he'd probably be tentative and would spend the rest of the season trying to gain confidence, not only in his ankles, but his game. I'd stick with what we have instead of pinning our hopes on something that may or may not work, at least we know we have something that won't work :(

mikeak

Reaction score
IrishNW":3krpjhxs said:
Well on the bright side, if Carson does not come back this season Pete will be less inclined to revert to his old ways.

Obviously I would rather have Carson added to the mix but this is one less temptation for Pete.

Yeah it is weird but I am in the same boat. I just feel that they are way to conservative if they can be and better to be forced to go "all-in" over and over again.....

Reminds me of the season the Panthers knocked us out of the playoffs. We were rolling going in and had changed how we played. Suddenly it wasnplayoffs and we went back to what hadn't worked. Like we were coaching not to lose instead of to winning

IrishNW

Reaction score
mikeak":2tcneiig said:
IrishNW":2tcneiig said:

Yeah it is weird but I am in the same boat. I just feel that they are way to conservative if they can be and better to be forced to go "all-in" over and over again.....

Reminds me of the season the Panthers knocked us out of the playoffs. We were rolling going in and had changed how we played. Suddenly it wasnplayoffs and we went back to what hadn't worked. Like we were coaching not to lose instead of to winning

yeah exactly, Lynch came back for that game and we totally shit the bed trying to force him the ball.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yeah, Lynch had all of 6 carries. The problem was RW ishing the bed and turning the ball over twice while also generally just playing like early game RW (3 n outs), giving them a big early game lead.

Also, PC said nothing with any measure of clarity regarding Carson other than he had a setback with the ankle.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We did start the game trying to force Lynch the ball a few times but that failed quick. The defense, who gets paid all the big bucks couldn't stop a nose bleed. Russell had a early mistake and it was game over from there

That was also the year Graham got hurt, and people were saying our offense is better without him

IrishNW

Reaction score
vin.couve12":7qzm54r6 said:
Yeah, Lynch had all of 6 carries. The problem was RW ishing the bed and turning the ball over twice while also generally just playing like early game RW (3 n outs), giving them a big early game lead.

Also, PC said nothing with any measure of clarity regarding Carson other than he had a setback with the ankle.

one of the picks he ended up throwing was a pass attempt at lynch. Bringing Lynch back seemed to throw off any rhythm the offense had built.

Josea16

Reaction score
Give Davis 10-15 carries maximum and let Wilson loose. The key is get ahead immediately and unleash the hounds. Jacksonville has nothing at offense and a quarterback that ACTUALLY is a game manager at best.