Jaguars' final 3rd down conversion

HawksBrazil

Reaction score
I know there were many, many things to be mad about this game from start to finish, but I just can't get over this.

On an obvious running scenario on 3rd and 11, the only way to get a first down is getting the run to the outside and trusting Fournette. For some reason I can't understand, we line up six men on the first level that is playing against run, as if we were needing a tackle for a loss or something. This leaves our second level exposed, and there is absolutely no protection on the wide side of the field, which is their best bet for a first down. This is just completely inexcusable alignment on a play that would give us the ball back with plenty of time on the clock for a potential comeback. Very frustrated!

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 904

Exittium

Reaction score
I think Kris is far worse than Gus Bradley.. I’d rather have him and Ken Norton Back

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Exittium":ny9rr5cj said:
I think Kris is far worse than Gus Bradley.. I’d rather have him and Ken Norton Back

He stinks. Great athletes covered up how terrible he is as a defensive coach and now he doesn’t have that cover any more. I hope he gets fired.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This play would have been stopped if Alexander stayed outside and didn't wash himself away for no reason. Granted, he hasn't played a snap outside of special teams in a long time. But if he held contain, doesn't add to the mess on the interior, he at least is there to affect the run or make the tackle. As soon as I saw him fly into the bunch I knew it was going to be a big run.

I don't think KR is a great DC, same as Bevell, both pretty average, but losing 3 pro bowlers for the year, ET for a little bit, and then today your starting LB's, it's tough to overcome. The base defense doesn't do anything flashy, line up and you try to beat us. Difficult to replicate that with players who aren't superstars.