Did we even touch Bortles?

adeltaY

Reaction score
I don't get it. The Eagles OL, even without Peters, is much better than the Jags OL. They got fantastic pressure on Wentz, but NOTHING on Bortles. Avril's been out for enough time for that to no longer be an excuse. Bennett is hurt, but where were Frank Clark and Sheldon Richardson???

Exittium

Reaction score
Well they were being held a lot, and after a while I think they just kinda gave up, and Kris called an utter crap show as well.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pretty sure Bennett got to him on the final 2 kneel downs.

Thanks Dline for the no show.

rossob

Reaction score
Seymour":gsfko1bu said:

:lol: does that show up in the stats?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rossob":qjeu5ggc said:
Seymour":qjeu5ggc said:

:lol: does that show up in the stats?

Yes.

Ejections
Seahawks-2
Jaguars-0

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Exittium":2srp0nzj said:
Well they were being held a lot, and after a while I think they just kinda gave up, and Kris called an utter crap show as well.

Every fanbase complains about uncalled holds on the opposing OL every game. It's close to meaningless. They weren't getting close to him and its unacceptable.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Really didn't think so. I don't recall any passes he had to make with a man in his face about to hit him, nevertheless record a sack. Tough showing out of them, I kept watching Clark get pushed around outside almost every time, as if he was inviting him to.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Our D-line play has been average at best this season. Honestly, i blame Richards and Pete. Always rushing 4. Very little creativity when bringing pressure. We waived a guy who has 2 sacks in 2 games (Dwight)?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I have not been impressed. Malik being arrested sums up our season on D really. Unreliable is the word.
Our team has NOT done anything consistently well this season.

getnasty

Reaction score
I feel like the Jags were in 3rd and short all game. I could be completely wrong but we never got them in to obvious passing situations that needed time to develop.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
adeltaY":1d1niejw said:
Exittium":1d1niejw said:

Every fanbase complains about uncalled holds on the opposing OL every game. It's close to meaningless. They weren't getting close to him and its unacceptable.

Exactly. We were outplayed on every level.

Our D is looking so old out there.

If things don't change, by next season...

An football player old aged man art funny painting

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1z2i0ik8 said:
adeltaY":1z2i0ik8 said:
Exittium":1z2i0ik8 said:

Exactly. We were outplayed on every level.

Our D is looking so old out there.

If things don't change, by next season...

An football player old aged man art funny painting
Where did you get my picture from???? 8)

xgeoff

Reaction score
adeltaY":3ffupmht said:
Exittium":3ffupmht said:

Exactly. I didn't notice blatant holding on Clark. He looked like he was more concerned with keeping Bortles in the pocket than putting pressure on him. Hey, maybe that was Richard's strategy. If it was, I think the strategy was piss poor. If that wasn't the strategy, it was a very poor effort from the DE's.

WTH happened to Michael Bennett BTW?! I haven't seen him get a good pass rush unless he's offsides. I'm wondering if he's just lost it.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
no, clean pocket all day... run game and schemed short passes opened that early in the game which lead to later openings... 3rd and 11, knows it a run yet can't stop... without Wagz and KJ is a lil more understanding yet still should stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
Who is old on defense besides Bennett?

It has nothing to do with old, and everything to do with coaching & scheme.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Jordan inactice, Jones inactive... more importantly in this equation Moore inactive... so we let Freeny go again why??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If you didn't think they were being held then you are a moron. Check out what happens to Richardson on the long pass to Cole.

RussB

Reaction score
This defense is just not what it used to be i think its time to just accept that. In 2013 or 2014 they would never stoop to the level of letting blake bortles actually look good. Even with kam and sherman they are giving up tons of points. We keep expecting them to be a dominant defense with a nasty pass rush and lockdown secondary they arent anymore that time is over. They are a decent defense that can play lights out sometimes and they have no run game on offense.

If this season ends with another playoff loss or no playoffs at all its officially time to rebuild.