I blame the emotional outburst on the officiating...

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Should have gotten control over the Jaguars messing around on Seahawks sidelines early on in this game. Also they should have tried to get control of the fans throwing things at players.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Or the morons on this team should get a clue and stop acting like chumps.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Or the Jaguars throwing one of our coaches to the ground. I'm guessing the media won't care about that though.

blkhwk

Reaction score
All of the above......

Refs did a lousy job of controlling the game. Missed a bunch of easy calls (helmet to helmet on JG, late hit out of bounds on the Luke Willson return, Ifedi getting body slammed, obvious illegal contact/holding on the 4th down play and some on the 'Hawks too) and did a poor job of managing the game.

Our guys need to keep composure better, the victory formation antics are complete BS.

I am sure when I was a 20 something competitive athlete I would have went into the crowd if some ass-clown threw his beer at me!

A big black eye for everyone involved..... The Seahawks, The Jags, Gene Seratore, etc.........

The amount of productiive Bennett has given lately, the defense may be better if he gets suspended for a game.....maybe he will have fresh legs for the last two!

StoneCold

Reaction score
I was embarrassed by the conduct of our players. I don't care if their players did something first or if the fans were jerks. Two wrongs don't make a right. I have paid good money to wear a jersey representing the team and they failed me and did not represent me with class. Hope to hear them speak up about their failure to be better men.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Some of guys actions if provoked still inexcusable. But totally agree refs allowed this to build all game, lost control. Completely surprised Ifedi didnt lose his head after initial unsportsmanlike penalty when they tried to push him to doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJlargent

Reaction score
I was embarrassed by the team’s conduct. I don’t care what fans were doing or the refs. It’s antics like this which invite criticism from the media and flags from the refs we get so upset about. Act like professionals and be upset after the game that you let bortles look like Marino.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":3plcvm5q said:
I was embarrassed by the conduct of our players. I don't care if their players did something first or if the fans were jerks. Two wrongs don't make a right. I have paid good money to wear a jersey representing the team and they failed me and did not represent me with class. Hope to hear them speak up about their failure to be better men.

Don't hold your breath. It didn't happen all the other times this exact situation has happened.

It's hard to blame anyone but the players, namely one, since they are the common denominator here. The opponents were different, the officials were different. It's hard to see it any other way.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3erq88qu said:
Or the Jaguars throwing one of our coaches to the ground. I'm guessing the media won't care about that though.
That coach was a little aggressive in his attempt to break things up. I think he got what he deserved!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I do put this squarely on the refs. It is their job to control the game, and make sure things don't get out of hand. Ever since the unsportsman like conduct penalty of Ifedi the refs seemed to turn a blind eye to the Jaguars misdeeds. The biggest indication of this was the announcers. They spent half of the game questioning the decisions of the refs, and all game long the refs almost acted like instigators rather than mediators, and defusers. It is insulting to me that these guys are considered professional, and it isn't just about their inability to see flagrant fouls.

For example, a Jag came over to our sideline and slammed one of our coaches on the ground. That is something that you expect to see from the WWE. The refs pretended like it never happened. When, Ramsey's I believe it was got an INT and was pushed out of bounds, he went over to our sideline and started yapping at them. What happened? Our player got called for unnecessary roughness, and Ramsey's, whom was going out of his way to taunt us got away scott free.

There was a double standard here, and it is insulting as a fan that the NFL lets this go on. We will hear nothing about it, and business will continue as usual. The refs made this game borderline unwatchable with their showering of yellow flags, and clear double standards. They could not control the players, and they let the Jags get away with violations that should have got them fined, and thrown out of the game. Our guys were not in the right the whole time, but these refs refused to call a spade a spade. The Jags played a Jeff Fischeresck dirty game, and were goading us on the whole game. They made dirty hits, and went out of their way to provoke our players, and lay questionable hits/bend the rules with no repercussion, or concern for the safety of the Seattle Seahawk players. (flagrant helmet to helmet hits going uncalled, etc)

If I were players and I saw this clear, double standard I would be livid. Even Pete Carroll looked like he was ready to tear apart the refs, and had trouble remaining composed. If anyone needs to be held accountable it is the refs for being unwilling, and unable to control the game, and the players. They failed at their job on multiple fronts. It is stuff like this that is causing the ratings to plummet. The NFL has a real credibility problem at the moment.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Jags played dirty all game and the refs let it happen. I dont blame any of our players for taking shots

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IIRC this is the fourth time in as many years the Hawks have gotten dirty and started fighting in the waning seconds of a game they lost. It’s hard to blame someone else when they keep on doing it.

What started it was Bennett trying to tear someone’s ACL in a victory formation, and then trying to do it again after the play was over when he wasn’t successful the first time. It’s not like PC went out on the field to chastise the refs. He took that penalty (smartly) to tell his players to stop acting like sore losing villains and to cut it the heck out.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sentiment in gameday was that the flag fest was unwatchable at times. The refs were trying to keep control without taking the game over. Now we say the refs should have thrown more flags? Do we think all those flags would have been on Jacksonville?

The coach who got dumped aggressively pushed his way in where he needed to let players and officials sort it out. He escalated the situation. Maybe someone should have been ejected for dumping him but I am a-okay with them just ignoring it.

I think it was chippy and the jags were co-culprits but the meltdown by the Seahawks was 100% the fault of the Seahawks.

Jville

Reaction score
I'll decline to scapegoat the officials for the emotional outburst and finish.

The outbursts came from the defensive line. A unit that is having a frustrating season with less than accustomed success at rushing the passer. It's been 5 or 6 years since the defensive line has struggled so mightily to get to the quarterback. I think it likely they finally lost their heads :229031_shrug: because of frustration.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Well, the Seahawks had 6 penalties (73 yds), and at least one was at the end of the game on Pete.

Jacksonville had 7 (48 yds), so it was hardly a flag fest.