OL with best game of the year.

getnasty

Reaction score
I thought OL was really good today against probably the best DL in the league. Funny how we get a good game and still end up losing. That what turnovers and big plays will so to you.

edogg23

Reaction score
I was going to create a thread saying the same thing. Our O-line looked dominant at times against probably the leagues best D. I actually like our chances going forward if the D can still stay competitive with all the injuries.

adeltaY

Reaction score
It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.

rossob

Reaction score
The Oline was good today. It seems to me like the Offense is now the one who has to win games because the defense doesn't seem to be able to do that anymore. I know we lost some important pieces to this defenses puzzle, but imo we didn't look that good beforehand either.

Anthony!

Reaction score
adeltaY":126d0ahf said:
It was so nice to see them playing well against the best DL in the league. It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true..... I'm starting to think we'll never recapture that end of 2015 form on offense.

LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":1t46ly1a said:
adeltaY":1t46ly1a said:

LOL yeah except while they overall played well they did not play good. Part of them playing include stupid penalties which we had a lot, and several cost us dearly. As to the end of 2015 form well the main issue is the inconsistency of play calling compared to then. During the period of time you never saw us have all go routes with nothing short of intermediate. You also did not have as many drops 3 today. We can have that but we need to decrease drops and penalties, and then call the game the same way. We have done it at times this year but not all the time.

But 3 picks are fine everyone

Scorpion05

Reaction score
adeltaY":2oszxeqz said:

Lol you’re kidding right? We went up against the best defense in the NFL. It was a poor matchup period

original poster

Reaction score
Anthony!":38qukgu0 said:
adeltaY":38qukgu0 said:

No mention of 3 thrown interceptions?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Anthony!":5e3bf88k said:
adeltaY":5e3bf88k said:

Hmm... I think you watched a completely different game. Davis was tearing them a new one, our line had the best run blocking of the year against the number one defense. Russell Wilson had a lot of time in the pocket, despite Bevell calling literal hail marys with no outlets. The line had their best game of the season, and I think one of their best games in years. Britt, especially was doing work today.

That being said, even with the play calling working against Russ's favor, he has to be smarter than he was today. Throwing into tight double coverage is something I would expect from Rex Grossman or Jay Cutler. His accuracy was also less than desirable. He had multiple opportunities to hit deep bombs and he either missed, or just threw it into DBs hand.

Russ wasn't the sole reason we lost today, but this is definitely one of his worst games of the year. You need to learn how to call a spade a spade. Russ has a great season, but this game was flat out ugly. He got worked over, and it happens even to QB's such as Brady from time to time. This game was ugly, and Russ was one of our many problems for 85 percent of the game.

NINEster

Reaction score
adeltaY":mz6um21w said:

I know the feeling.

NINEster

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":27zdq4ww said:
Anthony!":27zdq4ww said:
adeltaY":27zdq4ww said:
That being said, even with the play calling working against Russ's favor, he has to be smarter than he was today. Throwing into tight double coverage is something I would expect from Rex Grossman or Jay Cutler. His accuracy was also less than desirable. He had multiple opportunities to hit deep bombs and he either missed, or just threw it into DBs hand.

Russ wasn't the sole reason we lost today, but this is definitely one of his worst games of the year. You need to learn how to call a spade a spade. Russ has a great season, but this game was flat out ugly. He got worked over, and it happens even to QB's such as Brady from time to time. This game was ugly, and Russ was one of our many problems for 85 percent of the game.

Interestingly enough, the Jags picked off Roethlisberger 5 times (two for Pick 6s).

14 + 7 (long Fournette run) = 21 points

30 - 21 = 9 points Jaguars scored otherwise

Steelers scored 9 points total

Somehow someway the Jags have baited good QBs into making lots of mistakes.

Maybe you gotta put it on them.

I'm very curious to see where The Jackson 5 end up this year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":3afur0pi said:
Anthony!":3afur0pi said:
adeltaY":3afur0pi said:

But 3 picks are fine everyone

I never said that. 3 ints are not good, how every neither is a wr stopping running, or a wr being pulled down,whichis why 2 of the ints happened. and again less drops and drive stopping penalties as well as less plays with nothing but go routes and he des not feel like he has to throw deep.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1z4tj1bk said:
Anthony!":1z4tj1bk said:
adeltaY":1z4tj1bk said:

Hmm... I think you watched a completely different game. Davis was tearing them a new one, our line had the best run blocking of the year against the number one defense. Russell Wilson had a lot of time in the pocket, despite Bevell calling literal hail marys with no outlets. The line had their best game of the season, and I think one of their best games in years. Britt, especially was doing work today.

Perhaps you should rewatch the game and then look at the actual stats. rbs has 22 rushes for 81 yards. however 3o came on 2 carries, that leaves 51 yards good. on 20 carries or 2.5 ypa which is not good. a couple of good runs does not a run game make. as to the rest at least we kind of agree

Popeyejones

Reaction score
adeltaY":1gl3ufun said:
It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true.

Yeah, said this here about a month ago, but Wilson's style of play makes for a dream for an OC behind a bad O-line, but creates a lot of problems behind a good O-line.

As PFF noted in their recap, Wilson was pressured 17 times last night, and nearly half of them (8) were defensive pressures he created for himself through how he plays.

It's the only major part of his game he has yet to develop.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Jacksonville has the best secondary in the league. That combined with Bevell's simplistic route concepts proved too much to overcome. Our receivers were hardly ever open.

Seymour

Reaction score
So I guess 4 penalties on Ifedi, a huge 40+ yard play called back on a Joeckel blocking penalty, and another on Pocic means nothing when it comes to "game of the year"? Sorry but I disagree with thread topic.

They blocked OK for the most part but played stupid, and it was too much to overcome. That includes Wilson for playing stupid on least on 2 of those 3 int's.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":1yqcif9e said:
So I guess 4 penalties on Ifedi, a huge 40+ yard play called back on a Joeckel blocking penalty, and another on Pocic means nothing when it comes to "game of the year"? Sorry but I disagree with thread topic.

Ifedi didn't have four penalties. He had two holding calls declined (one very questionable) and the unusual taunting call for questioning the official about the call. Only the taunting penalty was accepted.

Overall, Russell had a very clean pocket for most of the game. Before Davis got hurt, the line was doing some good work in the run game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Yes you are correct, Ifedi did have 3 penalties not 4. Never the less he had them (even if they were not all accepted) and it was part of his play and the oline's play. Add those to the stupid Graham penalty and you have your perfect ingredients for failure once again.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":1rma0udq said:
Yes you are correct, Ifedi did have 3 penalties not 4. Never the less he had them (even if they were not all accepted) and it was part of his play and the oline's play. Add those to the stupid Graham penalty and you have your perfect ingredients for failure once again.

The injuries and turnovers were much more devastating to the team's chances of winning this game than the offensive line's penalties. They were going against the #1 sack team in the NFL, with one of the league's best front fours, and they played well for the most part.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1387z82m said:
adeltaY":1387z82m said:
It sucks though because people were saying "Just give Russ a good OL and we'll destroy the league" Turns out that isn't really true.

Yeah, said this here about a month ago, but Wilson's style of play makes for a dream for an OC behind a bad O-line, but creates a lot of problems behind a good O-line.

As PFF noted in their recap, Wilson was pressured 17 times last night, and nearly half of them (8) were defensive pressures he created for himself through how he plays.

It's the only major part of his game he has yet to develop.

Yeah I went back and looked at the film and I think PFF made a minor mistake with the 8, what they should have said is he created more pressure, he was under pressure before he moves, but by moving he was under even more pressure. They also failed to acknowledge the fact that as the announcers said alot of times all our Wr were running go routes, you cannot sit back in 1 place against the Jacksonville dline long enough for all go routes without getting killed or moving. So not really buying that, if you go back and look at the film there is a lot more to it than what they say. Of course if we want to take what they say as gospel we also have to say RW had a 82+ rating which was high for the game and way above average. and even I don't think he played that well.